Topless bars of yesteryear we miss

Yup, they have their own cops. You were lucky they let you off.
Do you remember the tall blond barmaid?
Years later she reappeared at Bare Necessaries.
I was only there that one time. I was 18 so that was 40 years ago. I just remember seeing BOOBS.
As for the cops, I saw them following me but I calmly turned on to side roads and when he was out of sight, I did multiple fast turns to lose him. He was a block behind me but I was sure he was following me when he matched my first turn off Jericho.

Grew up in Hempstead. In the 70’s there was a tiny strip joint on Franklin ave. Near the Calderone. Does any one remember the name? It has escaped this fading memory! Thanks.

I remember the Painted Pony.. it was just a few store fronts from the Calderone entrance... Garden Of Eve was on Henry St..In a smal cluster of stores past the split from Grand Ave/Baldwin Rd. Maybe Santana or Little feat, or "The Good Rats" checking out some chicks before and after the shows.. I think I saw Garcia there as well

Trivia, where was In A Gadda da Vida recorded

Why just down the block from the Calderone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

billyS

Reign of Terror
Painted Pony was great! I could park out front in the no parking zone catch a dancers set
and get back to work on my lunch hour!
Wasn't the one in Hempstead called Taste of Honey? It was on Franklin then moved to Fulton?

Also for a short while there was one up by the car dealerships and they tried to advertise as Garden City as they were close to the border

No Billy they were two different places. Went to Taste Of Honey once, this place was a little rough!
The bar on North Main St. was called Seduction (i think) I knew the owners and they always asked
when I was coming in. Didn't feel safe parking my car in this neighborhood!

No Billy they were two different places. Went to Taste Of Honey once, this place was a little rough!
The bar on North Main St. was called Seduction (i think) I knew the owners and they always asked
when I was coming in. Didn't feel safe parking my car in this neighborhood!
Seduction was right across the street from a car dealer. They had a back room reserved for the private dances, blow jobs and the like.. Hit or miss there.. I do remember one of the bouncers telling me he just got back from a state sponsored vacation for weapons possession and armed robbery. .. funny the things one remembers