Too Many Strippers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by some recent deletions (I never saw the actual posts, BTW -- just the authors' complaints about their disappearance), I think the APM has taken the position that there is a rule against her or anyone else's saying that. I wonder if he'll even leave up that post.

Last edited:

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Originally posted by Danielle
Not that any of you would want to come see me at the club I work at anyway.
I'd probably stop by to see you. But if you hustle me out of 2 or 3 grand, I'll be pissed! Damn hustler!

Last edited:
FWIW, I protest danger-us's banning.

I don't think it's "obvious" that what danger-us posted was already outlawed. It wasn't 100% clear at least to me that the anti-advertising rules apply to this situation (although I see how they do). You had to read pretty hard to know that prior similar posts had been taken down. Moreover, the information he gave was already pretty clear from other exisitng posts, so I can see how someone would have assumed it must be alright to state it.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
If you can't read the post IMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE POST THAT GOT HIM BANNED written by Danielle and figure out what he should have, then you need to pull your head out of whatever stripper's ass it's currently up.

I reread that post before I wrote my post. She could just as well have been saying that as she reads the rules, she can't post that information. If you're able to reread the danger-us post you deleted, it seems very clear to me that that's how he read Danielle's post. It sounded like he was trying to correct what he thought was her incorrect rule interpretation.

(I hope it's obvious that I'm not arguing against the deletion of danger-us's post or in favor of the posting of the deleted information without an ad. It's only the banning that I'm arguing against.)

Last edited:
This is terrible. Is he really banned? I mean, don't you at least get a warning or something? Jesus, that is so stupid and petty. I protest his banishment!!!!! The poor guy was just about to turn Gold too.
Slinky, are you behind this?

pswope

One out of three
Re: strip clubs being over staff and a shitty economy

Originally posted by vixen5
.not to blow my own horn, but when your hot and some stinky, slimy guy wants your time, you need to be compensated for it. sorry just my opinion.
How about if he wears Hai Karate and has great skin.

(my retort to you is this. There are soooooo many fine ladies out there,that I didn't and won't pay extortionate comp to any working girl, no matter how hot she may think she is. That's why it's a free market,baby)

pswope

One out of three
Originally posted by Danielle
This is terrible. Is he really banned? I mean, don't you at least get a warning or something? Jesus, that is so stupid and petty. I protest his banishment!!!!! The poor guy was just about to turn Gold too.
Slinky, are you behind this?
There are other ways to compensate d-u for diving on the sword on your behalf.

(the simplest thing would be to take an ad. Even if you don't put your picture up[use Susan Sontag's or Kate Roiphe's instead], you'll have enuf visitors to repay you in one week)

danger-us is a victim of his own bad timing.

Wasn't he the one, a few days ago, that posted that he knew (heavily suspected) not only where Danielle worked, but Danielle's real stripper identity?

If only he had just posted the info at that time, rather than waited for the "opportunity" to help someone else flout the rules, his ug membership would still be intact, no?

Oh come on. It's idiotic to think an individual stripper's gonna take out an ad. I'm not saying they should be able to advertise for free by posts, but don't tell a stripper to take out an ad here.

I assume you are talking to pswope. I agree that it's silly for a stripper who works in a club to take out an ad. But I do see the possibility that a dancer interested in increasing her income may try to come on here use UG to promote her "services" and troll for customers. I think it's pretty clear that THAT is violative of UG rules without first taking out an ad. (not saying Danielle is doing that, btw)

Last edited:
I agree with you, JackT. I'm not saying it wouldn't be violative for a stripper to use the board to troll for customers without paying. I'm just saying that the usual response -- "take out an ad" -- doesn't seem particularly appropriate to me in that case. It's more like, "chat all you want here, but unless your club is willing to take out an ad,* you're not going be able to do any trolling."

pswope

One out of three
Originally posted by justlooking
Oh come on. It's idiotic to think an individual stripper's gonna take out an ad. I'm not saying they should be able to advertise for free by posts, but don't tell a stripper to take out an ad here.
I disagree,provided that individual stripper posts on the board because she wants to generate revenue for herself. Even if that is only part of the reason.
Slinky has mde it clear that the cost of promoting one's business on UG is taking an ad and I see no reason to distinguish between strippers and working girls.
Whether a stripper's ad can be cost justified by the increase in revenue (I think it would*) remains to be seen, but I see no reason why a stripper should be comped in trolling for business.

* I disagree with Jack T's and your assumption that stripper's wouldn't dervive any incremental income from posting. With the number of lurkers for virtually any type of working girl already proven, I believe the Ass for every seat would be easily extended to strippers. Indeed,with the current downstate of stripclubs,upscale lurking johns,who heretofore have not ventured in strip clubs,could represent an excellent source of incremental increase in customers. Of course this pre-supposes that the advertsing stripper learns the PMB game . One I may add they appear to be perfectly suited to.

Last edited:
You're not getting what JackT and I are saying, swope.

We're not saying strippers should be exempt from the "no ad posts without an ad" rules.

And we're not saying they couldn't derive additional revenues from board exposure.

We're saying that tellling a "house girl" stripper to take out an ad for herself is like telling Secret at F/Stop, or Domino at Julie's, or Jill at *** to take out her own ad. Isn't gonna happen. Those girls rely on their "employers" to advertise for them.

(Who knows? Danielle's club might even fire her if they found out she was taking out her own advertising, especially on a board like this.*)
* That's why, BTW, it wasn't initially clear to me that the "no contact info without an ad" rule applied to strippers. It seemed to me that it was possible that, because they couldn't realisticly take out ads for themselves, they might not be subject to the requirement that they do so. Of course, I understand why the rule would apply to them anyway.

Last edited:
Oh no, pswope, I don't want you to get the impression that I think a stripper wouldn't derive any incremental income from posting... I actually tried to say the exact opposite in the second sentence of my last post (above).

I just don't think in most instances it would be appropriate for an individual stripper to take out an ad, to the extent she is an employee of the stripclub for whom she works. It's sorta like the sous chef at Aquavit taking out a billboard along the West Side Highway... it's not his place.

pswope

One out of three
JT
got it. I assume the only reason a club wouldn't want what is in effect free advertising is the potential additional unwanted LE scrutiny brought on by posts here.

I think there's a whole host of reasons why clubs (like any business) want to control their advertising.

(That's not to say they'd have a problem with a stripper's identifying herself in posts and saying where she works, even on a board like this. I doubt they would. But you can't think they'd let a stripper put an ad up here that references their club, with no control over its content.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.