Too Many Strippers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Let me pass on this message from danger-us:]

Banned. This seems so unfair.
Take a look at what I wrote in the deleted post:

Originally posted by danger-us
We know you work at xyz but you could be one of many dancers there.
I did not reveal who she is. I don't even know who she is! (Jack T, it wasn't me who claimed to know anything specific.) I only stated something I thought was already common knowledge, which isn't enough for any of us to conclude who she is. Was a rule really broken? I certainly did NOT try to circumvent the rules.

Originally posted by danger-us
I don't believe there is a rule about posting who you are. I think it's just a matter of whether you want people to know or not.
When I wrote this I obviously didn't think any stripper info was against the rules. I didn't even think posting her name (which I didn't do) would be against the rules, let alone merely repeating where other people on the board thought she worked. (If any previous posts like this were deleted, it would be very difficult for me to know this.).

So why come down so hard on me? Even justlooking, the most respected poster on a PMB (sorry, I couldn't resist!) said:

Originally posted by justlooking
FWIW, I protest danger-us's banning.

I don't think it's "obvious" that what danger-us posted was already outlawed. It wasn't 100% clear at least to me that the anti-advertising rules apply to this situation (although I see how they do). You had to read pretty hard to know that prior similar posts had been taken down. Moreover, the information he gave was already pretty clear from other exisitng posts, so I can see how someone would have assumed it must be alright to state it.
and
Originally posted by justlooking
* That's why, BTW, it wasn't initially clear to me that the "no contact info without an ad" rule applied to strippers. It seemed to me that it was possible that, because they couldn't realisticly take out ads for themselves, they might not be subject to the requirement that they do so.
Originally posted by Danielle
So apparently I can't tell you guys where I work because it's considered free advertising by the website.
I thought Danielle was misinformed. My assumption was the same as what's in the above quote from jl.

Originally posted by slinkybender
Sorry, it's pretty obvious that what happened was "OK, you can't post it? Well, here.... I will".
There is no way I would do that. I know there have been others in the past who have purposefully done stuff like that,
I never have and never would.

Why come down so hard on me? I haven't always agreed with every opinion,
but I've always intended to respect the board.

Last edited:
[Also from danger-us:]

To everyone,

I've tried my best to positively contribute to the UG community.
Thanks for sticking up for me. I appreciate it.

Danger-us,
I am apalled that you have been banned, especially after reading your post sent via messenger. I agree that you seem to have always respected the board itself along with all of its contributors, this banning thing is pure and utter bullshit. Is there not some way for you to re-register under a different screen name or something?

I don't think I'll be taking out an ad for myself anytime soon. Not because I really give a crap about what my club thinks about it, but rather because I don't think it would be all that effective. God knows I would love to have more customers walking through those doors for the sole purpose of seeing me, but I just can't see an ad on the internet having that much of an effect. Bussiness has gone down the toilet lately, increased bussiness would be great, but I don't think that kind of promotion is really all that conducive to what I do. I could be totally wrong, just my opinion.

The point isn't that the ad would be conducive to what you do. The point is that the ability to identify yourself in posts (which the ad would buy you) would be. There's no way that a substantial number of readers WOULDN'T go to visit a stripper who posted a lot, if they could.

Whether you'd REALLY want that (and whether you'd really want to have to watch everything you say online really carefully because it would now be attributable to your real-life self instead of some nonexistent internet pseudonym) is a different matter entirely.

Danielle, bottom line is: this is slinky's board. His rules, like it or not. There are plenty of things I disagree with as well. But calling them "pure and utter bullshit" accomplishes nothing.

How about this as a proposed solution to increase your business (which you say is "down the toilet")??
See if slinky will allow you to pay $75 to UG (the price of one month's ad), UG posts a classified ad for "Danielle, at a stripclub near you" (or other somesuch general language) and then for a month you will be allowed to post your real stripper identity, including updates, etc. I'm sure your continued contributions to these threads (as you sort out various moral and ethical dilemmas) will get more than a few guys to come see you just for the curiosity factor. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to turn them into regulars (by hustling them with the promise of possible extras, which you have no intention of giving, LOL)?

FWIW, I'd like to say (not that anybody's asked me) that I think that would be a TERRIBLE idea from Danielle's standpoint. I'd hate to be a stripper having a bunch of guys WHO KNOW WHO I AM (but I don't know them) privy to my inner thoughts.

I also have a feeling that working at a strip club is boring enough without having to discuss UG all night with a parade of different readers.

Hey jl, she's the one who posted this:

So apparently I can't tell you guys where I work because it's considered free advertising by the website. Not that any of you would want to come see me at the club I work at anyway. But I think that it's only a real M_Y_S_T_E_R_Y to people who don't want to take the time to figure it out. I think it's pretty obvious.
I don't think I was being presumptious or anything. (and this is why I think your "Hey Honor Where do you work?" isn't germane)

And besides, what is the difference between that and the numerous provider ads which grace the classified section here? None that I see, besides the type of services offered being different.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to imply that I thought you were being presumptuous.

I just disagree with you. The prostitutes who post here mainly do so solely to advertise themselves. They could give a shit about honest conversation. The ones who engage in REAL conversation for the most part do so pseudonymously. (OK, HH had trouble keeping her real identity a secret -- but Sexywhore's done a reasonably good job.)

Danielle came here initially for the conversation, not to advertise. She's already dug herself in pretty deeply. It may be too late for her to change into ad-post mode.

Honestly guys, I don't even care anymore. I know that some of you have figured it out. Some of you may have even visited me at work without my knowledge of your connection to this board. Who the hell knows. I'll continue to say what's on my mind no matter what, even if it does piss somone off to my own detriment. I've always been myself on the job and off. I'm sure it's part of the reason why I'm not a top earner; because I can't always mold myself to someone's ideal or act the part of their fantasy. I yam what I yam. At least my loyal fans know what they're getting is the real "Danielle". (Of course I mean that only to the extent of what I can offer them inside the club)

Perhaps totally off topic, I have something to mention that I was thinking about when I was on stage tonight, oddly enough. I was thinking about the content of another thread I read on this board and it's relation to what's happened to Danger-us. I remember reading some posts written by a chick who works in Manhattan, like myself, and not to get her in trouble or nothin', but I recall very clearly reading mention of her own confession of her place of employment. This occured without repercussion. My question; What the fuck?!

pswope

One out of three
to jl's point re advisability of danielle seeing UGers in light of her disclosing info about her state of mind:

IMO,is may not be harmful to her. rather, as in the case of card counters at a blackjack table,it may change the dynamics of a guy getting hustled. In fact,no UGer could complain about deceit having read these threads,if all he gets is companionship

D

As is the case in criminal law,application of UG regs sometimes involves discerning the mental state or intent of the poster in posting the putatively offending post. This could lead to what appears to be arbritrary application of these regs.

FWIW, that girl had most of her posts (indeed, entire threads that she started) deleted, including the ones where she said where she worked. Do a search: you'll see.

Last edited:
Exactly. And in regards to the "state of mind" thing, it was obvious to me that she mentioned where she worked after being prompted by other members of the board, just like I did. What makes her situation any different?

it takes two, or three or.......

I did not reveal who she is. I don't even know who she is! (Jack T, it wasn't me who claimed to know anything specific.) I only stated something I thought was already common knowledge, which isn't enough for any of us to conclude who she is. Was a rule really broken? I certainly did NOT try to circumvent the rules.
When I wrote this I obviously didn't think any stripper info was against the rules.

I am the one who had the specific info. (both club & stage name) and who dared Danielle to reveal the name of the club where she works (but only after many posters had asked the question) and I challenged those posters to do a little research on her other posts where it was made clear (maybe that thread was deleted -- I don't know -- at this hour I'm too tired & lazy to go back and look to see if it is still there.)

Again, I thought that it was obvious to anyone who had read her popular thread about this club. I did not want to reveal the club at first, but asked her to do so if she desired. From her same thread a clue was given by Danielle as to her stage name and how that info. could be discerned from another board, but she made it clear that she did not want that revealed on this board. (Obviously she's not trying to shill for herself)

After my initial "dare' I did post the name of the club (all be it surreptitiously) and probably around the same time that Danielle posted it as well. I said in that post that I would respect her wishes and not reveal her stage name. I did not realize (although I have read the rules) that this would be against board policy. My post, as well as Danielle's was quickly deleted. I realized then that it should not have been posted and did not try to re-post the info.

I'm sure danger-us had the same info. and intention as I, and that the rules were not clear as far as us posting this info since we are not from the "supply" side. I understood the rules only to mean that the provider/dancer (in this case) was not allowed to post such info.

I feel bad for how this has turned out for both "D's -- one getting banned and the other catching a lot of flack. Again, I thought where she worked was common knowledge from previous threads. When I posted the info. (and who knows how long it was up, or how many people read my post before it was deleted) I really thought I was stating the obvious. My BIGGEST question was why the word "m-y-s-t-e-r-y" is not allowed in a post and also a comment on the puns made of my handle "tomatch" which ended up becoming some kind of inside joke between Slinky and a few other posters about BLT's. (I thought that "inside winks & nods" were also verboten - but I guess that's ok if it’s the moderator who starts it!)

Whatever...it’s only a PMB so... I just feel bad about danger-us & Danielle. Finally, as I said in my now deleted post -- I have never met Danielle, nor been to her club in over six months, so there was definitely no intent to shill or promote her or the club in any way. I am sorry if I have contributed to the banning and trashing of two posters whose posts I have enjoyed reading. Live & learn.

Tomatch-
What's transpired is not in any way your fault, so please don't feel bad. What happened with Danger-us is indeed awful. I for one think it's total bullshit since 1) I don't really think he did anything wrong and 2) The same exact thing has happened before on this board (I made mention of it somewhere else) and nothing bad happened to them. The BLT thing is really no big deal. I hope that I won't piss anyone off by openly telling you that it stands for Butt Licking Toadie. As in someone who kisses strippers' asses. Which by the way I don't think you ever did.

In any case, this whole situation has really pissed me off. I have really enjoyed using this website. Not only have I learned a lot about the customer's stand point on many issues but I've also come to terms with a lot of things about myself and how I view my job. But in light of recent events my opinion of UG has really been knocked down a few notches. I really thought I had finally found a place where I could speak openly and honestly about things effecting my career and in turn recieve some honest feedback. Apparently not everything goes. My intentions were never to in any way to promote my bussiness or that of the club that I work for. It was all just innocent thoght provoking conversation, I thought. Oh well. fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.