Too Many Strippers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how you all felt about the number of dancers working on a particular night when you visit a strip club. Over the last few weeks my club has hired so many women that there are often more of us than there are customers on the floor. The club has also instated a rule requiring new hires to work five days a week. Of course I understand the club owners motivation (house fee $$$$), but the situation has caused many problems.
1) Fights amongst the girls over customers. I've literally seen girls be pushed out of the way by others on their way to talk to a customer! I've also heard certain girls tell customers awful things about other dancers in an effort to get them to stop spending money on them. (which is deplorable and really shitty bussiness practice, I think.)
2) With so much competition we've all taken a huge paycut and had to work twice as hard for what we bring home. The work environment has become unbearably high-pressure at times.
3) The customers often seem annoyed and fed-up with the amount of dancers propositioning them for dances when they're just trying to relax with their friends or drink a beer. It's gotten so bad that guys will often throw their hands up and wave me away before I even open my mouth to say hello. I can't imagine this being fun for people to deal with.

I'm really not just venting here, I'm actually just curious as to whether or not you guys agree with me that the club is cutting off their nose to spite their face. Do you enjoy having the most women possible to choose from? Or do you prefer a smaller selection of women who provide a more laid-back atmosphere?

Originally posted by Danielle
IDo you enjoy having the most women possible to choose from? Or do you prefer a smaller selection of women who provide a more laid-back atmosphere?
The ideal for me was a place like the Blue Angel, where the dancers brought their own music and the mood was a mix of show biz, performance art, and cult. I don't like it when the actors outnumber the audience, it looks bad.

justme

homo economicus
Generally, the number of women at a club doesn't matter to me as long as I can get the one I want to sit with me.

While a parade of wannadance's can be annoying, I find the endless needanotherdrink's to be far more so.

(Saturday I was at a strip with ~15 dancers, ~40 customers (at maybe 25 tables), and 8 freaking waitresses)

OTOH -- and maybe it's just that I'm not an exhorbitant enough tipper* -- there are clubs I go (I'm thinking of one in particular) where I virtually have to leap at a waitress and bite her in the leg to get her to pay enough attention to take a drink order.
* This is obviously self-serving, but it seems pretty self-evident to me that the guys who throw the most money around in strip clubs are very much not the guys who have the most money. Happily, most strippers seem not to know this.

Last edited:
I hate when there are a ton of strippers hawking the lap dances. I have such little self control and wind up spending more than I had wanted.

(I vote we empty out the titty bars by giving all the surplus strippers crash course lessons in Arabic and parachuting them into Iraq. They'll confuse the shit out of the A-rabs and break all of their hearts by promising them Greek in the Sheep Room and taking all their drachmas. They'll be too busy posting on UG to fight.)

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by justlooking
there are clubs I go (I'm thinking of one in particular) where I virtually have to leap at a waitress and bite her in the leg to get her to pay enough attention to take a drink order.
I thought you New Yorkers simply called this kind of behavior, 'service'.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Originally posted by Danielle
I'm actually just curious as to whether or not you guys agree with me that the club is cutting off their nose to spite their face. Do you enjoy having the most women possible to choose from? Or do you prefer a smaller selection of women who provide a more laid-back atmosphere?
I don't think the club is cutting off their nose to spite their face. I think its great for the guys that the girls are competeing with each other. The more the merrier. Of course you don't like it because you have to work harder and some other younger, pretty girl might latch onto the sucker you have been milking. The club will make more money because more guys will go in there at once. With more girls in there if a guy wants some company he won't have to wait his turn for a girl who will act like she is doing him a favor. Years ago I wentt to Rachels in Orlando, Fl It was the first time I was in a 'Club' as opposed to a topless bar. I was amazed at how many beautiful young things were just prowling around half-naked. I had my pick. Danielle, guys don't go to a strip club to hang out with their friends and have a few cold ones. They go to look at hot young chicks and talk with them, get a lap dance. If guys are waving you off its not because there are too many girls bothering them, they are waving you off because they have their eye on something more to their liking and they are waiting for her to come over.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Even a rocket scientist could figure out that it is generally to the customers advantage when there are more dancers than customers, when the typical dancer is not getting as much work as she wants, and of course, the opposite situation is better for dancers. However, I think it can go too far if the shortage of customers is so extreme that it creates an ugly atmosphere in the club.

I went to a club in Tokyo (which comes to mind because I will still be here for a couple of more days) once a few years ago and had the very unpleasant experience of having an Israeli and a Russian dancer get into a loud argument over which one of them was entitled to approach me first for a drink and eventually a private dance. (It being Japan, there is a protocol for the order in which the dancers approach you, and one of both of these eager young ladies had violated it.) One of the bouncers came over and said I should choose, so they both stood there glaring at each other and telling me I should pick them etc. It was really embarrassing and unpleasant. And, yes, the place had way more dancers than customers on at least that night.

I have also noticed that you get hustled a lot harder and more mercilessly in such situations because the dancers know that they have to make the most out of any customer they do manage to land. That can make for a bit of a bad atmosphere too.

Nevertheless, generally speaking, a big dancer to customer ratio is terrific for the latter, within some wide range.

-Ww

ok. Thanks guys, apparently my problem works to your advantage. I have found that the "mileage" provided by dancers at my club has dramatically increased along with the ranks. Which I'm sure you're all loving. (I see boobs in mouths on a regular basis now)

I actually have enough loyal fans and ability to make money to do allright for myself despite all the new girls the club has taken on. But it's frustrating because I know I'd do a lot better if the ratio of customer to dancer was more in my favor.

JustLooking - I think I should make you a brightly colored black light sensitive flag to wave at the aforementioned club in order to attract waitress attention. Or maybe you could laminate a $100 dollar bill and wave it around as a decoy tip?

Billy- "younger" girls?! Just how old do you think I am, anyway?

Danielle, there are not too many strippers, there are too many girls who because of the lure of quick easy cash Think they are strippers without a clue on how to dress, dance, or treat customers. There are never enough of the true attractive stripper that knows how to be a stripper and has the look and carries herself that way. The "true" stripper never has to worry about making money because if she is attractive and treats a customer with a little time and talks to them and treats them well in the lap dance area they will never be at a loss for customers to spend money on them. The obnoxious girls who think all customers "owe" them a living just because they take their clothes off make me laugh!! they race around the club with "want a dance" and smirk as they walk by. (yeah I'll want to be with you and spend my cash..) I had one dancer come to me and ask me if I wanted a dance. I politely told her maybe later I just got here to the club and want to relax.. she responded with " well why don't you just tip me anyway because I'm a dancer" Yeah right kiss my ass!!!! If your nice to me I can be very nice to you!! But don't think because you take you clothes off I owe you anything !!!! Just my .02

What the stripclubs need to do is to come up with a system to make everyones experience more enjoyable.

I am proposing the solution. It's SUC-CAC. Which stands for Stripclub Universal Code -Color Alert Condition. A color alert system similar to our terror alert system.

This would involve the club having small color flags which the patron can place at his location which would indicate his interest in his level of participation in the club. It might go like this:

Blue -- just drinking
Green -- just looking
Yellow -- willing to talk and buy (the stripper) the over priced dinks
Orange -- Looking for a cheap lapdance
Red -- anything goes

Some of the flags may be combined to give a more precise indication of the patrons interest.

Use of these flags would make for a more pleasant evening for both patron and stripper alike

Oh, and BTW, when you are finished for the evening and ready to leave, you can put up a white flag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.