The death of any illusions about my sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by h. von bingen
do you think these are unrelated? if you go forth in great joy, you will reap great joy. (i swear it!)
That (impliciit) advice is better than that given to Mr Y (or SG) by Wanderer on ASP years ago, better but consistent I think.

-Ww

PS to PJ - As of this post, our post totals are tied. I think I will post one more tonight though, so then I will have passed you, at least temporarily.

Last edited:

Wwanderer

Originally posted by h. von bingen

1 - my life already is too too too hectic. what appeals to me is the monastic life, st. michel maybe?

2 - ww, what does a mistress do?

3 - is it like in the movies?

4 - is she tempestuous and pegnoir-wearing? i always think of claudia cardinale c. 1970 and an apartment on sutton place with a sunken living room.
1 - Lord, do I ever know that lament! I mean, how overscheduled do you have to be to start putting major commitments in the calendar for your next life?! Seriously, it has been the biggest problem in my life for at least two decades, and I'd say I've made essentially no progress in dealing with it. As per a previous post in this thread, I am always afraid of missing something.

2 - Whatever she pleases in this case, as far as I can tell.

3 - No. Well, it is as much like the movies as driving or finding a parking place or fighting is like the movies, i.e., not a bit.

4 - Actually (and seriously) "mistress" is probably not a good word for her, but I don't really know what would be. I tried out "other significant other" on her once, but it was (decisively) rejected. Neither of us pays much attention to conventional archetypes or is wed to any single idea of how life ought to be lived, and we have somehow drifted into a pretty peculiar relationship configuration. I doubt I could convey even its main elements in less than several paragraphs, and it is too personal to do so in a public forum anyway.

-Ww

Last edited:
Originally posted by justme
Any love that prefers its existence over attention to reality is delusion.
Originally posted by justme
The bottom line is that this woman makes me happier than anyone has in years and at this point I have decided to shrug off reality as merely an obstacle that needs to be contended with.
Interesting

Re: Re: Judge Crater Pierces the Void in an Anti-Matter Expirement: Update

(Last night's dinner went very well. We took Edna, Rolf and Marta to a trendy Ethiopian restaurant. My wife liked them immediately.)

Marta is a crack whore in her early 30s who works the approaches to the Queensboro Bridge. Rolf is a 40 year old bongo playing heroin addict that acts as Marta's protector. He is an expressionist painter, but hasn't put brush to canvas since he was 20. Neither would eat anything from the menu. They exist solely on pink foods, such as Hostess Snow-Balls and pink lemonade, and need new dentures. Although neither speaks English, I could tell they are both very sensitive people.)

(Since Edna, Rolf and Marta were evicted earlier in the day from their East Village squat, they came home with us. I thought that Rolf and Marta would sleep in the spare bedroom and that Edna would sleep in bed with me and my wife. But this was not to happen. Rolf and Marta sobbed uncontrollably and wet the bed. They are both frightened easily and needed comforting. So they joined Edna, me and my wife. To comfort Rolf, I had to let him sodomize me. He wouldn't have gotten to sleep otherwise. He wept in my arms afterward. I am trying to be more spiritual and accepting of others. Edna said this would be good for me.)

(At Mass this morning, Father Dunphy took an immediate shine to his newest parishioners. They've offered to hold a gang bang fund raiser at the local football stadium. Money is needed for a new gym at the parish school and the Diocese needs money for a second high school. Father Dunphy and the Bishop are most pleased and will start advertising on the local television station this afternoon.)

(Edna and Marta are only, by their estimates, a thousand or two short of their life long goals of having sex with 10,000 men. Upon completion of this goal, they will become goddesses. When this happens, I will be allowed to address them as Goddess Edna and Goddess Marta.)

(After getting to know Edna and Marta better, my wife is jealous of their spiritual powers and wants to be a goddess now too. She will join Edna and Marta and will attempt to reach her new goal of having sex with 10,000 men in one week.)

(Edna insists that we will never be able to become closer in our relationship unless I participate too. So I will join Edna, Marta and my wife on the 50 yard line. Rolf will be in charge of the security force and collecting the money. He is most helpful.)

(After mass, Edna gave me an intimate beating on the church steps. I know I am helping her and felt pleased. This afternoon, we will introduce Edna, Marta and Rolf to our neighbors.)

(The theme for this year's Fourth of July Block Party: Bukkake!)

(We will all be very popular.)

(More later.)

Last edited:

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by Wwanderer
PS to PJ - As of this post, our post totals are tied. I think I will post one more tonight though, so then I will have passed you, at least temporarily.
I guess you got me. Must have been all your banter (flirting?)with HvB that rang up the #'s. That and the fact that the damn work keeps intruding on me keeping up with this PMB.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by occasionalhobbyist
If your wife makes 10,000 in a week, you should tell Esquire. They usually run something like that in a special issue. (Can't remember the title, but it's a sort of Best Of.)
You mean the Dubious Achievement Awards?

hey

i hate to say i am in the same boat and i don't even think if it has sunk yet , she has called me about siginficate health issues for her ahd her own , and has said i will call you ,in mid may , i know she has a major problem with one of her own , we have talk and i accept her work , as she has said work is work , but you are you , the honesty is real good , but now no call , no notes ,ect , i feel like shit , i am flower, small hand made cards tpye of guy and even been known to write some great love letters , but this lady is Brazilian , and there is confusion at times , i have been sending these 3-4 line cards , in portuguese about every 10 days , should i hang in there or cut and run , ps she adores my kids and visa-versa

Re: hey

Originally posted by ezzi707
should i hang in there or cut and run , ps she adores my kids and visa-versa
It doesn't matter what you do as long as you can remain indifferent with regard to the result.

While there are some who seem to feel that it is impossible for such a relationship to work even among those who feel it may be possible there is strong agreement that it is difficult and that there is significant possibility of things not working out.

You have not really provided any information to differentiate your own from the general case, so there is no reason to say at this time that your case will be any different.

Others can talk about possible outcomes but only you can evaluate how living those outcomes would affect you.

Wwanderer

Originally posted by Wwanderer
1 - Lord, do I ever know that lament! I mean, how overscheduled do you have to be to start putting major commitments in the calendar for your next life?! Seriously, it has been the biggest problem in my life for at least two decades, and I'd say I've made essentially no progress in dealing with it. As per a previous post in this thread, I am always afraid of missing something.

4 - Actually (and seriously) "mistress" is probably not a good word for her, but I don't really know what would be. I tried out "other significant other" on her once, but it was (decisively) rejected. Neither of us pays much attention to conventional archetypes or is wed to any single idea of how life ought to be lived, and we have somehow drifted into a pretty peculiar relationship configuration. I doubt I could convey even its main elements in less than several paragraphs, and it is too personal to do so in a public forum anyway.
I meant to connect numbers 1 and 4. Yes, she definitely makes my life significantly more hectic...so much so that I often doubt that I can sustain it...which was your original point I guess, hvb.

-Ww

Status
Not open for further replies.