The death of any illusions about my sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

pswope

One out of three
Judge

After he does that,please adivse whether any inter-gender relationship of extended length, is substantially functional & healthy?

(I'm not being disrepectful,just trying to start a Socratic dialogue,since we're in re-run season)

Last edited:
Originally posted by pswope
Judge

Please adivse whether any inter-gender relationship of extended length, is substantially functional & healthy?
Ditto

Sex worker relationships are functional because they do what's needed. The exchange is clear. Each gets what they want.

Originally posted by Judge Crater
Please describe the details of this relationship so that I may understand in what particulars it was functional and healthy.
At risk of sounding like JM (not that there's anything wrong with that) "DITTO!"

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Re: Piercing the void

** Somewhere, Frog (the author of the Quantuum Theory of Commercial Sex) is smiling
Could someone fill me in on what exactly is Frog's Quantuum Theory of Commercial Sex?

Last edited:
Re: my dear ms lovelis

Originally posted by h. von bingen
o yeah, i forgot. 2 be me:
1. get the prettiest girls. 2. talk back alot. 3. be smarter than all the boys. 4. be the best lay they know. 5. don't take any bullshit. 6. make men (and certain snobby rich girlz) mad by being 1-5. 7. take a pounding from them. 8. cry and fall down. 9. get up. 10. repeat. (and few last things: stay in school and do works of mercy/works of charity and hit mass 3x a week)

I dont know abot ana, but I just took notes, Thanks.

Judge

After he does that,please adivse whether any inter-gender relationship of extended length, is substantially functional & healthy?

(I'm not being disrepectful,just trying to start a Socratic dialogue,since we're in re-run season)
PS:

Each person has a series of lessons they must learn in life to find contentment within themselves. IMHO, a substantially functional, healthy relationship is one which moves you along towards that goal.

I disagree with you about Frog's Continuum Theory. He didn't have as many facts at his disposal. He hadn't contemplated the many faces of sex within himself; nor had he contemplated the Void.

He wanted to see only the similarities between prostitutes and our mothers, sisters and daughters. He was too afraid to contemplate the differences. Like Freud, he was too busy seeing what he wanted to see about women and turned away from seeing them as they are.

Although his efforts at developing a General Theory of Commercial Sex were admirable, they were primitive - like the earliest abstract thinkers in Greece.

Now there will be an inevitable outbreak of Needy Guyism. My sessions will no longer be safe. I can't do a thing with Needy Guys when we are all sitting around afterwards in other johns' sessions. They don't take orders well and can't dance nearly as well as Stoics, Studs and Lovers. When the riff-raff start getting edgy and move in for the kill, they whimper.

I hate it when catatonics whimper.

JC

Originally posted by fallenwoman
justme,
fuck yeah! go against the grain and enjoy! you rock and I support your free spirit wholeheartedly! I don't care why or how it ended... everything ends, it's what you gave and learned along the way that counts. you just restored my faith in human nature again.

banana fofana
xo

fw:

I'm curious. What was the largest number of johns you ever had actively thinking they were in love with you at any given time?

Best, etc.

JC

justme

homo economicus
Re: i have no doubt u are a charming

Originally posted by h. von bingen
and attractive boy, why shouldn't a hooker like you. did you break up with her? if so why? not catholic?

were you on vaca?
hvb
We broke up when she went home (very far away). I knew this would be the eventual end, so I can't complain. I have never dated a Catholic (the significance of my religious upbringing is far more subliminal).

I've never taken vaca. Is that like MDMA.

(I never hobby on vacation. Well, almost never)

fw:

I'm curious. What was the largest number of johns you ever had actively thinking they were in love with you at any given time?
I'll bet Inna beats her hands down.

(In case anyone doesn't know, that's a compliment to Ana.)

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by justlooking
Does she speak English?
Not well.

Although by the time things came to an end, our pidgeon version of English was about 85% as expressive as my everyday English. This was up from an introductory 5%.

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by Thorn
Because I thought too much of them to subject them to a situation that I knew would likily be unhealthy for them [let alone me].

I don't have a jealous bone in my body. I have been involved in relationships where both I and my lover shared our physical beings, with mutual consent, with others outside our loving relathionship. So it isn't about that.

It *is* my understanding about the nature of co-dependency and the dynamic that, while not suggesting it always is the case, is statistically likily to be involved.

I am a firm believer in riciprocal respect and a willingness to build trust being BIG positives in mutually satisfying encounters between providers and their clients. I still think that a "loving" relationship, while either or both are still client and provider, is asking for problems.
I have always been in agreement with #1, #3 and #4. As a rule, I still believe them. Should anyone think I'm advocating this kind of thing, please reread the title of the thread. I find the exprience similar to the (likely fabricated) story of the guy who suffered from debilitating migraines and deciding to end his misery with a bullet to his head, failed to kill himself but did miraculously solve the migraine problem.

Jealousy was an issue for me. She did not work while we were involved, and even then I had issues. She is not currently employed as a prostitute, nor do I think she ever will be again. If I am wrong, I'll probably take it hard, but will understand.

justme

homo economicus
Re: Re: The death of any illusions about my sanity

Originally posted by oddfellow4870
All my most healthy and functional relationships have been with prostitutes.

Will you try to repeat this event?
I don't have any such plans.

(Or any illusions that I was not extremely lucky)

I still maintain that prostitute / john relationships are generally a bad idea.

justme

homo economicus
Re: Re: The death of any illusions about my sanity

Originally posted by Cloud Nine
Was it Kimmie?

(Oh wait, that wouldn't be a healthy relationship...)
You forgot to post as JohnyK. That's obviously an inappropriate question, but the answer is 'no'.

justme

homo economicus
Re: Piercing the void

jm

You are the most self-aware integrated person under 30, I have ever encountered*(in fact,if youwere not so hard on yourself, you'd be fully integrated). Thus, it comes as no surprise that you were able accomplish the difficult,but not impossible feat of making a relationship like yours work.**

Thus, the more interesting question is what caused the termination of the relationship?
Thanks. As I mentioned above, we broke things off when her visa exprired. I should mention that this was not the visa that she took out to work here. After I met her, she worked, returned home, and then applied for another visa with the purpose of returning to me.

However, even without geopolitical barriers, I doubt the relationship could have been permanent. For one thing, she maintained thatshe wanted to eventually marry and have children, but that she could never marry someone that knew she had worked as a prostitute*. For another, she slurped her soup (sfsf).

Actually, part of why I think the relationship was so healthy was both of our acknowledgement and acceptence of it's inherent temporality.

* - You cant imagine the relief that this inspired in my two friends that were privy to the knowledge of where I'd met her. They had written me off as doomed to K1 visa hell.

Originally posted by justlooking
I'll bet Inna beats her hands down.

(In case anyone doesn't know, that's a compliment to Ana.)
jl:

Think there's any chance I can incite anybody to privatize Ana?

That's one of the things I'm most proud of doing vis-a-vis Inna.*

It showed the power of the internet.

And didn't cost me a cent.

JC

*Lest anybody think I'm really all that cynical, my hat is still off to the man who apparently gave Inna $28K to leave Julies. His heart (and penis) was in the right place.

PS: You're right about the compliment. Ana is a straight shooter.

Originally posted by fallenwoman
JC,

honestly, none. You've asked me that before, and my answer still hasn't changed:)

xo
fw
fw:

I don't recall ever asking you that question.

You're response, though, is admirable, and shows that you have high standards concerning the nature of love.

Best, etc.

JC

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
Please describe the details of this relationship so that I may understand in what particulars it was functional and healthy.
Obviously this is impossible, but I'll say a few things now (and probably more later).

We were still happy apart, but we were happier together.

Unlike every other woman I've been involved with, she would actually make things better by talking when I was getting upset.

When we compromised, it was always without subjugation.

I never felt like I had to lie to her. In fact, while with her I was compelled to be honest.

She appreciated me without really being able to assess the things that I value most in myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.