Rick's Herald Square

So Eddy, Back to B&G. It's not a bar, right? I want to arm myself with enough info on what to expect. I hate walking into places blind and looking like a schmuck. I can do that enough without scoping out new places! :)

Yeah, the last thing you want to do is walk into any place with that "I'm a schmuck" look on your face. It's so sad when a guy walks into a bar or club and does that weird deer in the headlights nervous look around, and then sort of wanders around lost for a few minutes looking for an appropriate place to plant himself. I like to walk into places like I work there and am coming in to start my shift - you know, like with a purpose. Like I don't give a crap about asserting my space or feeling out the crowd.

more rick's

went to rick's herald square last week. was not impressed. the quality of the girls was ok, but the hard sell was for the vip. got a few lds and almost the entire time was spent talking about how much better things go "upstairs".

I finally had a few too many beers and accompanied a good looking ukranian girl up there but all in all spent 350$ watching her eat french fries and talking about how if I got another 1/2 hour things would really get hot. I didn't feel like dropping another 3.5 bills to watch her eat a cheeseburger so I cut my losses.

did give her my phone #...and she did call me...and she is hot...but since I am not a millionaire I will skip the call back.

will stick with flashdancers from now on...the drinks may cost more and it may smell like raw fish, but the girls are hotter and HATE the vip and prefer to give hot lapdances in the regular lounge.

just my 3 cents (adjusted for inflation)

mileage

I guess what I am slowly figuring out about clubs in Manhattan is that they are all pretty low mileage. Queens and LI I cannot speak to, being rather stuck with no car and little time to take a long train ride for a club visit.

culture shock, as I just move here from san francisco, where just about anything can go and I went to school in Tampa, which is famous.

while I live in new york I guess I will stick to the places that are low pressure about their lame vips (flashdancers, private eyes) and stay away from places like ricks and lace that are relentless about getting your credit cards.

and no, even though it might sound like it from my last few posts, I do not work for the flashdance-private eyes empire. just a guy that likes to know what he is paying for...be it low or high mileage.

I guess what I am slowly figuring out about clubs in Manhattan is that they are all pretty low mileage. Queens and LI I cannot speak to, being rather stuck with no car and little time to take a long train ride for a club visit.

culture shock, as I just move here from san francisco, where just about anything can go and I went to school in Tampa, which is famous.

while I live in new york I guess I will stick to the places that are low pressure about their lame vips (flashdancers, private eyes) and stay away from places like ricks and lace that are relentless about getting your credit cards.

and no, even though it might sound like it from my last few posts, I do not work for the flashdance-private eyes empire. just a guy that likes to know what he is paying for...be it low or high mileage.
As a long time Strip Club patron you made the classic error, imho. You went to the VIP with a Russian/ Ukrainian/' Eastern European. From what I've seen over the years they are the greediest and give less for the Dollar than any other type. I'm sure there are exceptions but my experience is that Latinas and Americans are better bets. The second thing you did wrong ( I'm sorry to be critical ) is you didn't establish a rapport FIRS,T so you could get to the point where you could make it clear that you weren't go up there "just to talk" or let her show off the latest moves from her Interpretive Dance Class.

There definitely is "sex in the CR " and OTC BUT you have to know how to shop for it. And in Manhattan, between the club and the dancer it will cost you at least $800 for on premises and $500 an hr. OTC.

Btw, I've been to Rick's twice in the last month or so and there has been some definite improvement. It's NOT on a par with Hustler and PEC yet, but it has potential. Lonny Hanover has already made some progress in lifting it up.

Btw, I've been to Rick's twice in the last month or so and there has been some definite improvement. It's NOT on a par with Hustler and PEC yet, but it has potential. Lonny Hanover has already made some progress in lifting it up.
Big DITTO to this.

I'd written Rick's off, but it's really getting better.

He's having culture shock, Sambucca. He's lived in places where the 'game' is a lot easier to figure out.
I know what you're saying but afaic it's just NOT that hard to get what you want IF you keep your wits about you and apply a little common sense. Personally, I much prefer the OTC option BUT to get that sometimes you have to invest in a VIP or two , FIRST.

I don't like to generalize BUT the Russkies and other E. European gals are generally lousy prospects for serious fun and games. Americans, Latinas, Asians and Eurasians and of course Woc ( if that's your taste ) offer much better possibilities. While admittedly oversimplifying; for "in club" - Brazilians ; for OTC- take your pick.

Last edited:
thanks

I definitely take it as advice...not criticism. that is why I visit this board, to learn what y'all have picked up over the years.

thanks for the advice. I must have a thing for russian/ukranian girls because they always get me. btw, though...while not looking for fs in the strip club I am looking for more than a girl eating french fries. I am also not into the constant upsell I got from all the girls. I had lds from maybe 5 girls and all of them were more interested in selling me the vip than the dance, even when I firmly said "no thanks" and said I would get multiple dances downstairs if the upsell would stop.

all that said, looking at what people are telling me...i may go back but be much clearer and more selective next time. the 8$ beers are cheaper than anyplace else and it is a nice clean place.

hopefully I start to understand the ny game soon, otherwise I am going to become a broke and frustrated brother.

thank god for this board!!

I don't like to generalize BUT the Russkies and other E. European gals are generally lousy prospects for serious fun and games. Americans, Latinas, Asians and Eurasians and of course Woc ( if that's your taste ) offer much better possibilities. While admittedly oversimplifying; for "in club" - Brazilians ; for OTC- take your pick.
This is just about universal, but I'll bet he hasnt seen so many russians/east euros until he came to NY. I'll also bet he's used to Americans being a little higher on that pecking order.

TAW, this may be an oversimplification but, to me, the hard sell is usually a good sign that you're about to waste your money.

I have been to Rick’s a couple of time for the lunch special - the food was great - where can you get a 3 course meal for $10 and I order the steak. Very tasty. The girls were ok - I thought my waiter looked good - so I started to talk to her and she shared my dessert, which was entertaining. I wish more places had lunch specials with food. I used to go the Sin city in the BX when I worked up town - and I got addicted to it - I really miss it. But now that I am midtown its to far for me to get to.