Referrals/Screening

Many providers require referrals, and these are generally the providers who are willing to give referrals as well; the problem is if providers who give referrals require referrals, how do you go about getting the first referral?

Another question:

Regarding screening, which usually requires a company phone number or something; what if you are working independantly and thus have no company phone number to provide?

I have also wondered about that. I am currently working at a job where I don't have a private phone. Most people at my job use their cell phones for private calls. Therefore it seems that it would be odd to recieve a private call on the company line.

I also am a little wary of giving out my companies number to somebody whose real name I don't even know. I understand that providers have to protect themselves, but it seems like giving out your real name and company number is a big risk.

the Apprentice

1. To get references you must first find someone who does not require them to meet you - or explain that you are new and perhaps you can meet for coffee or a drink first. There are lots of ladies out there who do not require references - and some say they do but don't check up.
2. Personally, I would never, ever give out personal information to a provider. They all claim they do not keep records but records are found everytime one of them is busted. The "little black book" that they keep has this information - and even if it is encoded they will coerce the information from the busted person with promises. Always keep in mind what happens if the provider is busted - or turns wierd and calls your employer, your fellow employees, or even calls home.

JMHO

billyS

Reign of Terror
I avoid whores who demand too much personal info. There are sooooo many providers out there, just forget about those who want your life history. I remember reading on this board about an agency that wanted to see your W2. What a joke.

billyS said:
I avoid whores who demand too much personal info. There are sooooo many providers out there, just forget about those who want your life history. I remember reading on this board about an agency that wanted to see your W2. What a joke.
Wow, they wanted to see your W2? Maybe they should have expaned their business. They could have done your taxes while you had a session...

The Apprentice

see a well-known provider that has a good rep here on UG.. (ie Kelly.. Betty).. they are proven and can be trusted with vital info and are good references.. and most importantly are excellent providers.. be safe

suddanlyknot said:
see a well-known provider that has a good rep here on UG.. (ie Kelly.. Betty).. they are proven and can be trusted with vital info and are good references.. and most importantly are excellent providers.. be safe
Thanks for the info...

The Apprentice

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
suddanlyknot said:

You know, I never thought about this before, but considering what those places like R2000 (or whatever it's called) charge and what you have to give them, it's a much better deal to see betty, kelly or some others when they are offering some UG special, and it's almost like getting a free BJ.

When I started seeing providers, some ladies (non-agency) I called asked me for a referral. I didn't have any. However, after a few minutes on the phone they got a good feel for me and set up the appt. As a matter of fact, the first time I called Val to see one of her girls, I didn't have a reference. My UG association was enough to give her confidence in me.

I'm really not sure how many providers actually check up on a referral. (Any ladies on board can assist me here). I think some of them just want to make sure you know how this game is played. So mentioning the name of a provider let's them know you're in the game.

I agree with Slinky, the ladies here are homeruns. Use your UG membership to your advantage and forget about ladies and agencies that want your complete 411. You don't have to look very far to find some serious fun.

theapprentice said:
I have also wondered about that. I am currently working at a job where I don't have a private phone. Most people at my job use their cell phones for private calls. Therefore it seems that it would be odd to recieve a private call on the company line.

I also am a little wary of giving out my companies number to somebody whose real name I don't even know. I understand that providers have to protect themselves, but it seems like giving out your real name and company number is a big risk.

the Apprentice

get a hobby phone a pre-paid with no bill , keep it off until you are ready to use it . But a girl that does screen would want to know of a notch or two in your belt buckle using a hobby phone with no reviews . most of us don't give a hoot who you are ...we just care about who you are not .

Agreed and Seconded.

Monica's response about "who you are not" is beautifully stated. Establishing yourself as a serious hobbyist on boards like UG is also helpful in screening as even replies to threads help to demonstrate affiliations, the ability to play well with others, and interest.

I remember having to gain trust in the Denver scene and it wasn't easy. Girls will often go with their gut instincts so, for those first couple of times, you've got to really work hard to build trust and make them feel comfortable with you. Now, in my new location, I've seen only one provider but she doesn't talk to other providers so she's no good as a referral. I'm not sure how I'm gonna do it this time. Probably go out for coffee as somebody already suggested.

Date-Check, RS2K, and Preferred411 are viable systems that most ladies use, if you are looking to get verified and are a newbie, but it's a double edged sword with that stuff anyways, because some ladies will not see a guy who is too new in the system and/or not actually verified by another lady.

Catch 22 kind of thing. I can see how it would be bothersome and irritating to newbies.

I was in San Diego recently and couldn't hook up with a great provider because I didn't have referrals. Not being a regular hobbyist and never having bothered with referrals or thought about them, I was caught short and pretty disappointed. I wouldn't even know where to start. Jeez, I have a hard enough time asking a girl to switch positions (believe it or no, I'm actually shy), I would have a really hard time asking one to vouch for me.

I don't get the whole referral thing. I mean howsitthatgonna work: Hi my name is SirF and I will be your friendly monger tonite. If you want to check me out call whore one and she will vouch for for me, SirF, also known as Handy Andy from the Bronx. I mean, I can give her some personal info without a stupid referral or what? I don't get how that works....

I don't get the whole referral thing. I mean howsitthatgonna work: Hi my name is SirF and I will be your friendly monger tonite. If you want to check me out call whore one and she will vouch for for me, SirF, also known as Handy Andy from the Bronx. I mean, I can give her some personal info without a stupid referral or what? I don't get how that works....
I actually agree with you to an extent. I don't depend or ask for referals but have no problem giving them to ladies who ask. Non intrusive screening is a skill that takes a while to to get right and some ladies never know exactly how to do it so referals help. I don't like references because many guys think just because they have one it's a done deal and there are issues other than if the guy is not a loon or LE that matter when scheduling appointments. The session is always better when both parties are completely comfortable so it does serve a purpose.

It's not just a problem for "newbies." For example, a lot of agencies won't give referrals. So, if you happen to mostly see agency girls, or, for example, have primarily used agencies for the past 9-12 months or so, getting a referral can be a pain in the ass. The other problem is that, even when a provider agrees to give you a referral, it's not at the top of her list. I recently was in a situation in which a provider told me she'd give a referral, but when the woman seeking the referral emailed her she didn't hear back for days.

It's not just a problem for "newbies." For example, a lot of agencies won't give referrals. So, if you happen to mostly see agency girls, or, for example, have primarily used agencies for the past 9-12 months or so, getting a referral can be a pain in the ass. The other problem is that, even when a provider agrees to give you a referral, it's not at the top of her list. I recently was in a situation in which a provider told me she'd give a referral, but when the woman seeking the referral emailed her she didn't hear back for days.
This is why I have a code word with other UG providers and provider friends - instant referral. Agencies are sometimes territorial of their clients but it is unrealistic, most men like to try different ladies even outside of their agency. It is alot better then it used to be but there still is a wall of secrecy and silence when it comes to sharing information.

Screening is reassuring, it demonstrates someone is professional. I understand the discomfort but, so far at least, reference checks have been fine. The thing is though, it's a small world, and more than once I've had the experience of seeing someone and realising "oh you are X who Y was talking about". I always keep my mouth shut.