R. I. P.

I can recall exactly where I was when I learned of the plane crash. Personally, I was devastated. As immortal a band as they were, I have no doubt that they would have been major influencers had their mission carried on. A senseless tragedy that could have been avoided in hindsight.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Bud Grant, the last of the giants of NFL coaches in the 70s, died at 95. He, Shula, Landry, Madden and Noll WERE the NFL in the 70s.
All those you just mentioned were Titians.

A great wide receiver from that era also passed away yesterday, Otis Taylor of the KC Chiefs
Played with Len Dawson and was on the Chiefs team that won Super Bowl IV over Bud Grant's Vikings.

That was the last AFL vs NFL Super Bowl before the merger.

All those you just mentioned were Titians.

A great wide receiver from that era also passed away yesterday, Otis Taylor of the KC Chiefs
Played with Len Dawson and was on the Chiefs team that won Super Bowl IV over Bud Grant's Vikings.

That was the last AFL vs NFL Super Bowl before the merger.
Otis used to do the high stepping into the end zone to avoid getting caught from behind.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Joe Pepitone, Yankee 1B from the 60's
Won three Gold Gloves at 1B but was playing CF when I started watching the Yanks because he switched positions with Mickey Mantle to save The Mick's legs.

Three time All Star with the Yanks, had the perfect lefty Yankees Stadium swing.

But never really fulfilled his potential because he was a party boy from Brooklyn. Also noted as one of the first players to use a hair dryer in the clubhouse.

Definitely one of the characters of the past
RIP Joe