R. I. P.

I just started following the Knicks when they won that championship. To a young boy guys like Reed and Frazier were bigger than life characters.
Willis was a class guy not like these cornrowed thug clowns of today.
Same here. I was a 12 year old boy. That team captivated the city and this 12 yr old boy like no other team in sports history. Boy, were they special. The way they played it was artistry.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Al Jaffee, Mad magazine's award-winning cartoonist has died at the age of 102.
He is most know for the “Fold-In” and the Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions.
Jaffee died on Monday (10 April) in Manhattan from multiple organ failures, according to his granddaughter, Fani Thomson.

He had retired at the age of 99.
Wow! He was still alive? I loved Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions

Canadian born singer, songwriter, and guitarist Gordon Lightfoot passed away 5/1/2023 at age 84. He had many music awards in his lifetime. He is best known for the Wreck of the of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Sundown, and If You Could Read My Mind.
During the 70's I had some of his albums (info for you younger guys, vinyl records actually came out before CD's and not after like now). There is something special about acoustic guitars and related string instruments.

Very good obit if interested: https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/05/01/gordon-lightfoot-dead-canada/