R. I. P.

Well I am not sure about Bowie but Prince has some fanatic fans man for real his following is rediculous been to a few of his shows in the Garden and the outpouring of fans was a sight to behold never seen fans like that only Lady Gaga has hardcover fans like that I know David Bowie is legendary as well but his fan club cannot be on the same level as Prince fan club that man has like a cult status following imho.

Not being a Prince fan - nothing against him, though - I didn't pay much attention to his guitar playing. .
Those of us who lived through the sixties would tell you that you couldn't help but listen to Jimi Hendrix on guitar. Live concerts were spectacular and his performance at Woodstock was unforgettable.

Well, you might have added that the bill will be printed on purple paper and only distributed at strip clubs for use in patrons "making it rain."
Then again, I am sure you will tell me that I've taken the idea too far. I do that alot on here, as many can attest.

I remember him from the days he was Cassius Clay. I remember (after he changed his name) he was a speaker at SUNY Stony Brook. Place was in gym building, sold out, and he gave a talk followed by Q&A about his philosophy.

I remember him saying "I have no quarrel with them Vietcong."[..... "My conscience won't let me go shoot my brother, or some darker people, or some poor hungry people in the mud for big powerful America. And shoot them for what? They never called me nigger, they never lynched me, they didn't put no dogs on me, they didn't rob me of my nationality, rape or kill my mother and father.... How can I shoot them poor people? Just take me to jail"

My take was he was not too bright, honest man. I suspect, but don't know, why he got stripped of his tittle and the gov't went after him with such a vengeance. His conviction of Draft Evasion went all the way up to the Supreme Court and was overturned with a unanimous ruling.

May he RIP.

First Lois Lane 'Superman' actress dies at 95
Noel Neill, who was the first to play Superman's on-screen love interest, has died.

I've been watching a lot of the Amzazing Adventures of Superman of late as the nostalgia channel had a binge marathon that I recorded. Viewing them is a window into history. The autos they used are spectacular. I don't understand how Clark Kent could have afforded his sports car on his salary. Was Superman on the take? And the plot points with their obsession with foreigners is truly fascinating.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Hard to be on both sides of the Ali draft situation. Best fighter I ever saw.
Having had friends leave for nam and never see them again except in a flag draped coffin.... Well it's hard.