R. I. P.

Musicians and actors are dropping like flies this year.
Just read about Gary Shandling's passing, following fellow actors Joe Santos and Larry Drake the other day and George Kennedy a few weeks back.
Couple that with the recent deaths of musicians Frank Sinatra Jr., Paul Kantner, and Glenn Frey, in addition to the others that have been mentioned here, and it looks like a very bad year for celebrities.

I was wondering when someone might post about these two. Regarding Prince, is it just me or does there seem to be a greater outpouring for Prince's death than there was for David Bowie or Glenn Frey? As much of a talent as Prince was, I firmly believe that Bowie was a much bigger star. And Glenn Frey not only was in one of the most successful bands ever, with the Eagles having the second biggest selling record in history, but he also had a solo music career and a small acting career, too. Maybe there's been such a fervor over Prince's death because of his relatively young age.

I was wondering when someone might post about these two. Regarding Prince, is it just me or does there seem to be a greater outpouring for Prince's death than there was for David Bowie or Glenn Frey? As much of a talent as Prince was, I firmly believe that Bowie was a much bigger star. And Glenn Frey not only was in one of the most successful bands ever, with the Eagles having the second biggest selling record in history, but he also had a solo music career and a small acting career, too. Maybe there's been such a fervor over Prince's death because of his relatively young age.
Prince was the ultimate mother fucker on guitar. When slow hand was asked what's it like being the greatest living guitar player?..his response...ask Prince

Not being a Prince fan - nothing against him, though - I didn't pay much attention to his guitar playing. But I still feel Bowie was a far bigger star. That was the point of my puzzlement.

Overall, it has been a very bad year for music icons.

Not being a Prince fan - nothing against him, though - I didn't pay much attention to his guitar playing. But I still feel Bowie was a far bigger star. That was the point of my puzzlement.

Overall, it has been a very bad year for music icons.
David Bowie , 120 million results on Google, Prince 810 million results