R. I. P.

Horror master Wes Craven,76 passed today. He first came to fame with the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies and then later with the first 4 "Scream" movies. He also directed a non-horror movie that earned Meryl Streep an Academy Award. He succumbed to brain cancer. RIP

Horror master Wes Craven,76 passed today. He first came to fame with the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies and then later with the first 4 "Scream" movies. He also directed a non-horror movie that earned Meryl Streep an Academy Award. He succumbed to brain cancer. RIP
Slight correction: the film with Meryl Streep earned her a nomination for an Academy Award. There were other nominations, music related. Was his only drama and Streep was phenomenal in her role. Film was Music of the Heart. Didn't sell well (although I liked it FWIW).

As one of his famous quotes said "It ain't over 'til it's over" - now it's over for Yogi at age 90.

Yogi Berra was a legendary Yankee who helped the team reach 14 World Series during his 18 seasons in the Bronx.
Berra played in more World Series games than any other major leaguer, and was a three-time American League Most Valuable Player.

Queens Tribune amp ads

http://queenstribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Tribune-Epaper-092415.pdf

See the announcement on page 6.
After feeling no moral barrier to introducing me to Dr. Judy (Sino-American Health Center, 1999), Nancy ( Sensual Asian 24/7, 2002) , and Lulu replaced by Michelle (I don't remember the ad, 1998), and dozens of other Asian women eager to help me prevent blue balls, all the while running headlines about human trafficking and the evils of prostitution, it appears the Queens Tribune no longer needs their money. Congrats QT.

Lemmy "Ace of Spades" Kilmister of Motorhead

From Motorhead's website:
There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.

We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.

We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud,play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.
Have a drink or few.

Share stories.

Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.

HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.

Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister

1945 -2015

Born to lose, lived to win.

Alan Rickman, also 69 with cancer
He was the best of sophisticated and many times debonair "bad guy" characters. Unfortunately he got type cast in those roles - an exception (there are a couple) and my favorite role for him was the light hearted Galaxy Quest sci-fi spoof where he played Dr. Lazarus.

Signe Toly Anderson, the original female vocalist with Jefferson Airplane, who left the band after its first album and was replaced by Grace Slick, died on Thursday at her home in Beaverton, Ore. She was 74.
Ms. Anderson died the same day as another original member of the Airplane, the singer and guitarist Paul Kantner, who was also 74.

Anderson left the band after she had her 1st child, (that kid probably cost her millions of $ - or maybe not as the 1st album was more folk-rock than the harder psychedelic sound) when the band replaced her by Grace Slick. Slick had a very different style from Anderson’s as evident from Slick's , “Somebody to Love” and “White Rabbit.

For those of you who have recovered their memory form the drug filled 60's (and not lost it again from old age) and remember both of them - yes they were both 74 years old (how the fuck did that happen!)