New Lapdance Party

SVT is still around. Go on thier myspace page, you can get info from there. My experience with SVT was lack luster. I REALLY REALLY miss Lou's place. I miss Ava and Isabella. :(
There was so much bad press about Lou's place, but I for one liked the occasional performance artist or the deals (however overpriced) which could be negotiated. I'm starting to hate all lap dance events since it's simply too easy to spend 100 bucks in half an hour and have nothing to show for it.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I haven't had an "airdance" at a mainstream Manhattan club in something like a decade.
Following up on your reply, I went to Flashdancers recently... I tried a few dances and they were on the light side, and I kept getting the upsell for the vip or champagne room or whatever. Could you suggest a better venue? I haven't really found anything like places in NJ yet...

Are we talking about Benny's here?
It is a bit confusing - seems like more than one place being discussed. To the extent people are referring to Benny's, I recommend based on one visit I have had. Can't provide contact info or any way to get it because I don't know. I got there because a dancer at a mainstream club who was going to work there after her shift took me with her. I asked her to give me some time getting to know the place before we got back together. Conversation with girls was of the nature one would like to hear.

Following up on your reply, I went to Flashdancers recently... I tried a few dances and they were on the light side, and I kept getting the upsell for the vip or champagne room or whatever. Could you suggest a better venue? I haven't really found anything like places in NJ yet...
Hustler Club
Penthouse Executive Club

Now these aren't going to be "like places in NJ." It's not full-on grind. BUT "not full-on grind" is very much NOT the same thing as an "air dance." (I personally prefer the somewhat lighter, but still high-contact, dances to NJ-style full-on grind.)

Last edited:

NoahNYC

Spokesperson for the NJ Stripclubs Owners Assoc
I guess most are too young to remember the two Harmony Clubs. I do
Right. Actually, I remember the three Harmony clubs (W. 22nd, Church, and the one on Walker Street that had formerly been the Blue Angel) that operated simultaneously. For $10 I could get some good mileage, often from a nice-looking and enthusiastic girl.

Where can you get that for $10, or even $20 in New York City today? I go to New Jersey - for $20 I can get plenty of privacy at many places. At Johnny's Hitching Post I get a closed solid door for $20.

I remember the BlueAngel/gallery spot near Church .... Miss Harmony on Church. And yes, the girls were both cool, good looking (a lot of choice) and somewhat low on the upsell/cool to hang with - no pressure.

Right. Actually, I remember the three Harmony clubs (W. 22nd, Church, and the one on Walker Street that had formerly been the Blue Angel) that operated simultaneously. For $10 I could get some good mileage, often from a nice-looking and enthusiastic girl.

Where can you get that for $10, or even $20 in New York City today? I go to New Jersey - for $20 I can get plenty of privacy at many places. At Johnny's Hitching Post I get a closed solid door for $20.
You forgot the one on E.17 st.

HLD Dancer Amy

Amy danced at HLD and was Star at Stillettos@44 (now Lace 2) before that. All american type. Anyone seen her at SVT or elsewhere?

Got wind of a new LD party in town on 39th St., but at $80 ($80?!) admission, I don't think it will be around very long. I was texted about their "grand pre-opening" party tonight, but . . .$80?

I agree that $80 is pretty expensive for a lap dance party.

On the other hand, anyone starting a party now is probably aware that other locations have moved, closed or been forced to shut down recently. (As was pointed out elsewhere, the HLD case was recently mentioned in the newspaper.) Anybody hosting a party may be trying to make as much money in as short a period of time as posssible and then shut down before they are forced to close.

Did anybody go? I didn't hear about it.