New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Charged With Soliciting Prostitution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if putting a phone in Airplane mode will hide it from Stingray. The phone will not look for the signal. With your burner phone your id is safe, since you paid for it and the plan with cash.
Anybody know if putting an Iphone into Airplane mode disables its Friend Finder functionality?

He's pleaded not guilty, and asked for a non- jury trial. He's using Jeffrey Epstein's lawyer, who apparently had massive amounts of incriminating evidence/ pictures of judges and prosecutors given how Epstein's deal only has him under house arrest for 6 hours a day and an ankle monitor

Kraft pleads not guilty to solicitation charges
https://news.yahoo.com/kraft-pleads-not-guilty-solicitation-182006367.html
If he gets a non jury trial . I'm gonna deflate my balls

What does a conviction even matter ?
99.9 % of the damage is done at arrest or warrant. Just ask Robert Kraft .
I didn't want to repeat what I had said in earlier posts - YES, I agree, the reputation damage has been done. That is precisely why the charges can be fought - by publicizing the charges the DA has freed the individual from the threat of exposure.

I didn't want to repeat what I had said in earlier posts - YES, I agree, the reputation damage has been done. That is precisely why the charges can be fought - by publicizing the charges the DA has freed the individual from the threat of exposure.
I would always fight the charges. I wouldn't want that on my record. They will make you attend idiotic educational sessions, community service, possibly be considered a sex offender, not to mention who knows what they can pin on someone with regard to the trafficking aspect.

Some years ago in Connecticut they closed down a lot of the AMPs and I am actually not aware of any that are still in biz. There were a lot of people involved. Still, I think this AMP must gotten sloppy about security.....

SirF, you still carry a sucking chest wound in your pocket. I'll try to be concise and a bit overzealous.

Yes, Airplane mode should hide you from CALEA cell tower and Stingray IMSI tracking. Better yet, power off all brands of smartphones and tablets, etc. Why? Airplane mode can be partly overridden allowing WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC to transmit and GPS to receive. You are then logging location data on the phone for later forensic retrieval; or allowing malware to send it 'somewhere'. Take the battery out if possible to avoid these risks.

Best overlooked tip - never turn on your burner and regular smartphone in the same place at the same time; never move around with both on. Never mingle usage.

Ok, you and I ain't Osama, ain't as careful, ain't as interesting. (No offense!) But recall a smartphone got him.

Was just wondering because - though supremely careful ordinarily - last visit to my fave girl I accidentally left my phone on and my Ipad on airplane mode. I had forgotten that I share my location info with certain family members including the misses even though I am not sharing location with anyone. Apparently, members of the same family can see each other even though one isn't sharing otherwise. Once I realized this, I had to put together a plausible story for being in that particular location at that time etc etc. Didn't end up needing it, but still, close call. Be extra extra extra careful these days. Can't stress this enough.....

Anybody know if putting an Iphone into Airplane mode disables its Friend Finder functionality?
Here you go, in an effort to clear up the enormous amount of misperception, cluelessness, and uncertainty about the implications of carrying a smartphone/cellphone...

First the Stingray, acts as a cellular tower to send out signals to get the specific device to connect to it. So long as the cellular radio is powered it's actively searching for "cell towers." (See attached pics or this video explaining:
)

American's still don’t yet understand the full implications of a world in which the US Government can monitor and track its innocent citizens at all times. Many believe that they become “invisible” by turning off their smartphone or putting it in airplane mode. This is not true. Others believe they can evade tracking by turning off the GPS function on their cell phones. This also does not work.

<libertarian technology rant>
Governments (including the United States) have been cagey about whether they collect and keep location data on average citizens, thanks mostly as well as Edward Snowden’s ongoing revelations are beginning to reveal the full extent to which the government has been unconstitutionally spying on its citizens and the information war is being won by the US government. It's clear, however, is that governments are two steps ahead of citizens in terms of personal communications technology (and the secrecy by which they guard their information).
<\libertarian technology rant>

1. Phones with GPS devices can be tracked even if they are in "airplane mode", evidence is pointing to that even when physically fully shut off, that the GPS signal continues to be sent even when the phone appears inactive.

2. Cell phones tapping into wi-fi connections can also be easily located. Again, turning phones “off” as one is travelling abroad or in the car is no guarantee that the phones are actually off.

So for regularly everyday usage, the best thing anyone can do is leave their phone at home. This seems like the obvious choice as long as there is no guaranteed way to remain invisible and undetected while carrying a phone.

Now for the "protestor" (regardless of which political ideological bent you advocate for) of course, the problem with this strategy is that it plays into the hands of governments who would like to impede demonstrators’ communications. The way to get around this is a Faraday Cage also known as a Faraday Shield (the foil pack that your EzPass comes in so that the USPS delivery doesn't accidentally charge your ezpass account when being delivered)

Speaking of EzPass, they are tracking you with those as well. Ever wonder how they keep the NYSDOT system to get to up to date "Travel Time Information Systems?" They use passing EzPass' to track and calculate the time/ distance traveled rates.

An interesting research on the EzPass spying, performed in 2011, I'm sure it's much more invasive now. Go back to paying cash the discount isn't worth it, or use the Faraday Shield when not at the tolls.

EzPass is facilitating more government spying and surveillance:

From the 2008 Blackhat Conference, H/T to @PUKINGMONKEY
You can build one yourself
https://hackaday.io/project/11938-e-zpass-command-and-control

More spying:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...e-handling-data-responsibly-not-so-much.shtml

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSBRE98Q14G20130927

This doesn't even include all the ALPR's that are tracking vehicles.
https://amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create?article_id=56a7d4e6ada6e25a08fe5f08

And it's not just the NYPD, drive in to Freeport, New York and Chief Miguel Bermudez and his 95 officers track every vehicle with 27 fixed cameras that read license plates at all of the town's 11 entry points.

New York State also tracks every single NYS license plate traveling throughout the US.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...archiving-license-surveillance-data/13261679/

Attachments

Here you go, in an effort to clear up the enormous amount of misperception, cluelessness, and uncertainty about the implications of carrying a smartphone/cellphone...

First the Stingray, acts as a cellular tower to send out signals to get the specific device to connect to it. So long as the cellular radio is powered it's actively searching for "cell towers." (See attached pics or this video explaining:
)

American's still don’t yet understand the full implications of a world in which the US Government can monitor and track its innocent citizens at all times. Many believe that they become “invisible” by turning off their smartphone or putting it in airplane mode. This is not true. Others believe they can evade tracking by turning off the GPS function on their cell phones. This also does not work.

Governments (including the United States) have been cagey about whether they collect and keep location data on average citizens, thanks mostly as well as Edward Snowden’s ongoing revelations are beginning to reveal the full extent to which the government has been unconstitutionally spying on its citizens and the information war is being won by the US government. It's clear, however, is that governments are two steps ahead of citizens in terms of personal communications technology (and the secrecy by which they guard their information).

1. Phones with GPS devices can be tracked even if they are in "airplane mode", evidence is pointing to that even when physically fully shut off, that the GPS signal continues to be sent even when the phone appears inactive.

2. Cell phones tapping into wi-fi connections can also be easily located. Again, turning phones “off” as one is travelling abroad or in the car is no guarantee that the phones are actually off.

So for regularly everyday usage, the best thing anyone can do is leave their phone at home. This seems like the obvious choice as long as there is no guaranteed way to remain invisible and undetected while carrying a phone.

Now for the "protestor" (regardless of which political ideological bent you advocate for) of course, the problem with this strategy is that it plays into the hands of governments who would like to impede demonstrators’ communications. The way to get around this is a Faraday Cage also known as a Faraday Shield (the foil pack that your EzPass comes in so that the USPS delivery doesn't accidentally charge your ezpass account when being delivered)

Speaking of EzPass, they are tracking you with those as well. Ever wonder how they keep the NYSDOT system to get to up to date "Travel Time Information Systems?" They use passing EzPass' to track and calculate the time/ distance traveled rates.

An interesting research on the EzPass spying, performed in 2011, I'm sure it's much more invasive now. Go back to paying cash the discount isn't worth it, or use the Faraday Shield when not at the tolls.

More spying:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...e-handling-data-responsibly-not-so-much.shtml

https://amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create?article_id=56a7d4e6ada6e25a08fe5f08

And it's not just the NYPD, drive in to Freeport, New York and Chief Miguel Bermudez and his 95 officers track every vehicle with 27 fixed cameras that read license plates at all of the town's 11 entry points.

New York State also tracks every single NYS license plate traveling throughout the US.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...archiving-license-surveillance-data/13261679/
Monty just a heads up, I've tried EZ Pass as a Faraday bag in the past, it does NOT work. But u can buy specialized bags in different sizes for phones, laptops and such. These I have tried, and work well. Google the two top brands for military/LE use.

Not sure about the efficacy of this method and best to obtain a Faraday shield but some sites suggest alternating plastic and aluminum foil as an effective shield or even just aluminum foil as described below.
But, I know nothing of the intricacies involved in this science. Good luck. Peace, Brothers.

"Can aluminum foil protect against EMP?
In fact, the Mylar bags didn't seem to reduce the RF radiation at all. It turns out that a very effective EMP protection measure, or shielding, can be made from aluminum foil. ... This means that you should be able to easily protect your electronic gear from EMP simply by wrapping it in aluminum foil.Oct 18, 2012"

Mugi, thanks but... EMP protection is to stop OUTSIDE natural or man-made extremely high-energy fields from destroying electronics INSIDE equipment. It's unlikely aluminum foil or mylar bags are effective against EMP. It's not practical to carry a bulky EMP resistant case to stop potential tracking of much weaker cellular, wifi, bluetooth etc. signals from any smartphone you'd want for convenient use. Cheers!

)

More spying:

Just like they say, "the locks on your door are just to keep your friends from coming in". A pro will get in, when they want to. A single slip with our phones, will provide a clue which will identify you. You just don't know what you don't know these days.

It's also worth noting, if we were to be found with anti-surveillance of some sort, it will prob raise suspicion. Going on "the list" worry anyone? I was found with multiple phones at Customs before. Not a great scene.. the dude with the banana fingers was surprisingly gentle though..

With this Stingray, suppose your at a bar and call a friend to meet you at another bar 10 minutes away . They could potentially be listening to such convo and boom you are done . That kinda shit scares me . Just for an example .

Cell phone tracking/listening and EZpass tracking are indeed scary. But, I doubt local LE will put that much effort in an AMP bust, when good old fashion police work will do the job. Things like traffic stops, pictures of mongers entering the spa along with notes regarding license plates, times, etc.

The real scary part is getting a warrant for video of inside the spa. I'm sure a small number of visitors received legit massages. Which means that LE has video of them getting undressed, covering themselves with a towel, getting the legit massage, then leaving. Sounds like an invasion of privacy for a perfectly legal act. Privacy laws that may prevent might vary by state.

A newspaper in NY (not sure if I'm allowed to name it) had a good article detailing the problems with arrest. Because there is no audio, there is no evidence of negotiating a sex act for money. Plus the two providers for Kraft were licensed by the state of Florida.

On a separate but related note. A reputable news site reported that NY legislatures are looking into decriminalizing sex work. They want providers to not fear being arrested so they might come forward to report trafficking. This is different from legaization. Sex work would still be illegal, just not enforced. If it happens in NY I'm sure other states may follow.

These places have been closed down for as long as I can recall and no doubt before I was even born and none of this kind of LE needed to happen. Hell they've busted guys for just looking at SWs. So unless they were trying to specifically target Kraft or something else was amiss a lot of this just isn't making sense to me even if were trafficking which I'm strongly against. Almost sounds like a strong case was being made for something else and when that turned out to not be the case or not catchable they've flipping into this situation of charges.

Cell phone tracking/listening and EZpass tracking are indeed scary. But, I doubt local LE will put that much effort in an AMP bust, when good old fashion police work will do the job. Things like traffic stops, pictures of mongers entering the spa along with notes regarding license plates, times, etc.

The real scary part is getting a warrant for video of inside the spa. I'm sure a small number of visitors received legit massages. Which means that LE has video of them getting undressed, covering themselves with a towel, getting the legit massage, then leaving. Sounds like an invasion of privacy for a perfectly legal act. Privacy laws that may prevent might vary by state.

A newspaper in NY (not sure if I'm allowed to name it) had a good article detailing the problems with arrest. Because there is no audio, there is no evidence of negotiating a sex act for money. Plus the two providers for Kraft were licensed by the state of Florida.

On a separate but related note. A reputable news site reported that NY legislatures are looking into decriminalizing sex work. They want providers to not fear being arrested so they might come forward to report trafficking. This is different from legaization. Sex work would still be illegal, just not enforced. If it happens in NY I'm sure other states may follow.
New York State is beyond broke. Another money grab from The Great Cuomo !

it is a lot of effort and one would think they wouldn't do it, but then again one would also think that faking a bmb scare and then installing cameras and monitoring cameras would be a lot of effort also.

Status
Not open for further replies.