MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting Non Tenders.
Cody Bellinger, wow he's fallen far. Was better than Judge right after they were both rookies.

Luke Voit and Dominic Smith, some team will get lucky with one of them. Hopefully it's not Tampa.
Tampa traded Ji-Man Choi to Pittsburgh, so maybe they take a flyer? They do have Harold Ramirez who played 1B and had a tremendous 2022 season.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I read somewhere that Judge was not going to drag this out. We’ll see.
He is really not the type to. He's not an attention whore like Lindor.

I also think he has his mind made up already and just wanted to use the visits to get a little more money out of which ever team he really wants to play for.

He is really not the type to. He's not an attention whore like Lindor.

I also think he has his mind made up already and just wanted to use the visits to get a little more money out of which ever team he really wants to play for.
It’s that Lindor had so many more teams interested in him. Only 1 team has really asked to talk to Judge. Looks like Yanks will be bidding against themselves again , same scenario as Jeter.

billyS

Reign of Terror
It’s that Lindor had so many more teams interested in him. Only 1 team has really asked to talk to Judge. Looks like Yanks will be bidding against themselves again , same scenario as Jeter.
Lindor was never a FA. The Mets traded for him and then signed him to an extension. If anything they overpaid him judging from what the other shortstops got the next winter.

The Giants have already said they won't be underbid for Judge. They rolled out the red carpet and had past Giants recruit him and even had Steve Curry meet with him.

The Dodgers have also reached out. So to say the Yankees are bidding against themselves is about is stupid as saying Jose Reyes was better than Jeter.

Interesting scenario has Yankees overpaying for Judge to retain him. Moving Torres so they won't have to pay him big dollars in free agency, then using the kids at 2b and ss to save more money. Kind off offsetting what they will end up paying for Judge.

Where are the lineup upgrades then? LF and hopefully 3B? Do we sign Contreras to be our starter and Trevino his backup? Can Trey Turner play LF? LOL! He would be dynamic as a Yankee, just what they need in that lineup. Lineup still needs a lot of help.

Tired of hearing about Verlander to the Yankees, fuck that guy. Wish I trusted Rodon's health going forward. 230 k's in like 175 innings last year, DeGrom to Yankees isn't happening either, I trust his health even less than Rodon.

I would like to see some crazy action take place, trades galore. I would move Oswaldo Cabrera in a flash if there was interest in him. Maybe even attach him to Donaldson to get rid of that punk.

Can Cashman please send Stanton packing to the Padres and just be done with him. He just wasn't the player he was when on the Marlins. I want it to happen with him, I just don't think it will.

We got a glimpse of what Stanton was the first half of this year which was a big part of why the Yankees got off to that hot start.
Before the All Star break Stanton had 24 HR and 61 RBI. That's impressive. I never get mad at Stanton cause he is who he is. When healthy he will hit 260-270 with 30-40 HR and drive in 100. You have to expect him to get hurt often. He has only played maybe 5 full seasons out of 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.