MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Verlander is a cheater?
I suspect he is.
Anyone on those teams were. However, sometimes you gotta just move on.
If the Yanks sign him, would I say they signed a cheater and it’s a stupid move? No. I think it would be a good signing. If they could get him for one year? At any price would be great but I’m sure it would take a 2 year contract.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just curious though, why do you think he is a cheater? And do you think he still cheats?
I thought something was up when Dusty Baker skipped him against the Yankees twice this season when it was his turn to pitch. I definitely think he was up to something.

I'd have to look closer at his record but he did pitch in a very week division. Very curious at his age coming off Tommy John and he had such. Good season.

No way Yankees sign a FA SS. They have Peraza and Volpe. I can see them going for that Japanese outfielder or Benintendi. I would also love to see them grab Verlander or trade for a premier starter. Quite frankly I like their rotation starting with Cole, Cortez and Severino. German is a nice #4 and Montas and the rookies can battle for #5. I think Montas may be a Sonny Gray. He showed me ZERO in his time with the Yankees.

No way Yankees sign a FA SS. They have Peraza and Volpe. I can see them going for that Japanese outfielder or Benintendi. I would also love to see them grab Verlander or trade for a premier starter. Quite frankly I like their rotation starting with Cole, Cortez and Severino. German is a nice #4 and Montas and the rookies can battle for #5. I think Montas may be a Sonny Gray. He showed me ZERO in his time with the Yankees.
I think if Severino stays healthy, they need one more starter and they have a really good rotation.

They will probably go so far as to declare Montas definitely in the rotation. He was coming off an injury and we all know Cashman doesn't like to admit he made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.