MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Astros going after Rizzo. Main target at 1b for them.
Yanks can't let that happen. He is such a perfect fit for them. I have no problem with the Yanks giving Rizzo three years. His skill set is not one to diminish with age
His swing is perfect for Yankee Stadium, his defense is way above average and he is great in the clubhouse.

Plus unlike last year there are no alternatives like Olsen and Freeman.

Yanks can't let that happen. He is such a perfect fit for them. I have no problem with the Yanks giving Rizzo three years. His skill set is not one to diminish with age
His swing is perfect for Yankee Stadium, his defense is way above average and he is great in the clubhouse.

Plus unlike last year there are no alternatives like Olsen and Freeman.
Agree 100%, him going to Houston would be a real coupe for them, can't let that happen. Hal is going to have to spend some significant money this offseason to fix all of Cashman's gaffes. They lose Rizzo and Judge, scary.

They could use another starter and bullpen guy, and 3B is a BLACK HOLE OF HELL with the 30 million dollar Donaldson.

Significant money, like 100 million to fix this hot mess. Judge and Rizzo will eat into more then half of that and you still haven't addressed 3B, LF (unless its def Cabrerra) Pen, or Rotation.

They will DEF make a deal at some point this offseason to unload one of those infielders.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Agree 100%, him going to Houston would be a real coupe for them, can't let that happen. Hal is going to have to spend some significant money this offseason to fix all of Cashman's gaffes. They lose Rizzo and Judge, scary.

They could use another starter and bullpen guy, and 3B is a BLACK HOLE OF HELL with the 30 million dollar Donaldson.

Significant money, like 100 million to fix this hot mess. Judge and Rizzo will eat into more then half of that and you still haven't addressed 3B, LF (unless its def Cabrerra) Pen, or Rotation.

They will DEF make a deal at some point this offseason to unload one of those infielders.
Torres for a starter makes the most sense. And if you can include Motas and or Hicks in the deal even better.

Luckily Torres was good down the stretch so that should help his trade value.

Its 40 million guaranteed with a buyout or 51 Million if his gets his option picked up.
Honestly, I think its kinda team friendly. I would have offered him 3 years for 60 million.

Maybe thats why I aint no GM?
His numbers should be better without the shift next year.
He probably could have gotten more money than what they are paying him.
Hopefully Donaldson improves too being that we are stuck with him.

His numbers should be better without the shift next year.
He probably could have gotten more money than what they are paying him.
Hopefully Donaldson improves too being that we are stuck with him.
Great point about the shift. I think I remember one of the Yankee broadcasters say that Rizzo was hurt the second most overall by balls in play in the shift - out of any other players in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.