MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Texas is known for giving out stupid contracts starting with Arod.
Last year they spent all their money on two short stops.
Now they just raised the bar for all other starting pitchers.
deGroms contract will have a ripple effect on all the remaining FA starting pitchers.

I think he just wanted out of NY...hope Judge thinks differently!
I still think Judge stays. Look at the 2
Judge and DeGrom this year in a contract year?
Met were never going that high.
whatever Yanks pay for Judge, so be it.
Judge had been injury prone but it’s not an Ellsbury situation. Plus he was healthy this year while playing a lot of Center field. That’s impressive

I read that their last offer to Judge was 8 years at 300 million. If he can’t live off of that then let him go.

It’s funny how that was leaked out. Probably to save face if he doesn’t accept the offer.
Im guessing they are hoping that he walks. Otherwise they won’t sign any top free agents because of their luxury tax situation.

The Mets showed restraint by not signing DeGrom.
Im curious what they offered him.
It's obvious he didn't want to be in NY anymore and winning isn't as important as the money.

He only went there for the $$. Texas won 68 games last year. Mets were smart not giving in.ti him for 5 years. He didn't want to pitch here anymore. Who make 6 rehab starts and doesn't even have structural damage? Just didn't wanna pitch!.

I read that their last offer to Judge was 8 years at 300 million. If he can’t live off of that then let him go.

It’s funny how that was leaked out. Probably to save face if he doesn’t accept the offer.
Im guessing they are hoping that he walks. Otherwise they won’t sign any top free agents because of their luxury tax situation.

The Mets showed restraint by not signing DeGrom.
Im curious what they offered him.
It's obvious he didn't want to be in NY anymore and winning isn't as important as the money.
A agree on the Judge contract. Won't blame the Yanks if he doesn't take that offer.

Funny, I wouldn’t feel bad if he walked either. My wish list is to find a taker for Donaldson, Stanton and Hicks. That won’t be easy.
Hoping Santa comes real early to deliver those goodies!
Donaldson HAS to go, HAS TO.
Hicks would be great to jettison, he isn't a terrible player if they ate 10-12 million of that deal. He would be 6-7 million dollar a year player fro some shitty team.

Stanton we are stuck with, as he has a full no trade clause and is willing to only go to the Dodgers or Padres.

A agree on the Judge contract. Won't blame the Yanks if he doesn't take that offer.
Apparently its going to take 9 years to get a Judge deal done now. IDK how they can let him walk, but how much more can you give the guy? Plus captaincy ? So many other holes on this team that need to be plugged, giving him 40 million a year I think over 9 years is financial purgatory for this team.
Brian Reynolds asked for a trade according to Pittsburgh beat writers. I would do whatever it takes to get this dude in pinstripes.

It would be extremely hard to find someone stupid enough.
It all depends what you attach with the trade and the amount of salary the Yanks are willing to eat One trade scenario is with the Nationals who want to deal Patrick Corbin. Both players have high salaries, but by making this trade you get JD out of the everyday line up and with Corbin there may be a chance that Matt Blake can fix him.

Brian Reynolds asked for a trade according to Pittsburgh beat writers. I would do whatever it takes to get this dude in pinstripes.
Would love to have him but the Pirates have been fleeced numerous times. They also have quite a few years of team control making the possibility of a trade unlikely. I’m sure every team in baseball will be reaching out to the Pirates this week.

Would love to have him but the Pirates have been fleeced numerous times. They also have quite a few years of team control making the possibility of a trade unlikely. I’m sure every team in baseball will be reaching out to the Pirates this week.
I would start a package with Torres and one of the infielders, Florial , and maybe the catching prospect they think highly of.
I really feel its now or never for this yankee roster and their future. Its time to make some real changes.

I like your idea of Corbin for Donaldson. Specifically because of the fact , like you said, it gets JD out of the everyday lineup. Don't need Corbin to be an Allstar, just 500 pitcher who can eat up some innings.

I would start a package with Torres and one of the infielders, Florial , and maybe the catching prospect they think highly of.
I really feel its now or never for this yankee roster and their future. Its time to make some real changes.
My guess it would take more than that if Reynolds is available. If I’m the Pirates GM, I would want two of their top five prospects.

Keep the faith, I’m optimistic change is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.