MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bader being tested for Oblique Issues

Kahnle, Trivino, Rodon - Forearm and Bicep issues - Not Good!

Montas - Shoulder Surgery

TELL ME HOW CASHMAN STILL HAS A JOB!

Its a great day to be a Yankee fan today, I wish I could have the job security and money that Cashman has.

I HATED the Rodon signing, he's done. Stick a fork in him, guy has always been a porcelain doll.

I think they will be ok with the reliever injuries and can overcome them, sans the money they gave Kahnle and the holes they have at 3b and LF. Anyone seen some of Donaldsons at bats this spring? Putrid. Guy is a mess at the plate, weak in the knees on anything off speed. He is sitting dead red on fast balls.

I think they will be ok with the reliever injuries and can overcome them, sans the money they gave Kahnle and the holes they have at 3b and LF. Anyone seen some of Donaldsons at bats this spring? Putrid. Guy is a mess at the plate, weak in the knees on anything off speed. He is sitting dead red on fast balls.
The Yankees have multiple options at 3B outside of Donaldson. Hooefully, DJ will be the starting third baseman. The second option is Oswaldo Cabrera who has played plenty of 3B in the minors. IKF if not traded also plays the position.

I don’t think Peraza or Volpe are options at 3B.

The sooner they rid themselves of Donaldson, the better.

The Yankees have multiple options at 3B outside of Donaldson. Hooefully, DJ will be the starting third baseman. The second option is Oswaldo Cabrera who has played plenty of 3B in the minors. IKF if not traded also plays the position.

I don’t think Peraza or Volpe are options at 3B.

The sooner they rid themselves of Donaldson, the better.
He makes too much money. They won’t sit him or be able to trade him.
So, we are stuck with him for another season. Unless he gets hurt.

Hopefully with the new shift rule, he can get a few more hits.

Hicks is more of a disappointment to me. What a waste of a roster spot. Can’t hit or field.

They should do to him what they did to Lou Pinella. Move him to the Yes booth.
He would probably be better at that.

billyS

Reign of Terror
A saw a few innings of the game Monday night. Donaldson looks horrible at the plate.

With Rodon and Montas down they might need to trade Torres for a starter so DJ would be the primary second baseman.

I think they give Donaldson a month into the season before the DFA him and eat his money. Like the Mets did with Cano.

Bader being tested for Oblique Issues

Kahnle, Trivino, Rodon - Forearm and Bicep issues - Not Good!

Montas - Shoulder Surgery

TELL ME HOW CASHMAN STILL HAS A JOB!

Its a great day to be a Yankee fan today, I wish I could have the job security and money that Cashman has.

I HATED the Rodon signing, he's done. Stick a fork in him, guy has always been a porcelain doll.

Bader put on IL today.

He makes too much money. They won’t sit him or be able to trade him.
So, we are stuck with him for another season. Unless he gets hurt.

Hopefully with the new shift rule, he can get a few more hits.
Respectfully disagree about not sitting him. Agree about not being able to move him unless we eat all of his salary.

He has looked horrible this spring.

Donaldson may start opening day, but no way he plays everyday if he sucks the first month. DJ should be the third baseman if healthy.

If we can get anything out of Stanton, you put Judge in CF, Stanton in RF, and whoever is best suited for LF.
Let DJ DH and rotate DH amongst those who are more brittle, like Stanton.
When Stanton DH's use Judge in RF, Cabrerra in CF, and whoever in LF. Sit Donaldson on those days and move DJ to 3b.

Mets will have a better record this year than the Yankees, will go into the playoffs as a wildcard team but lose in the NLDS to the Dodgers.

Yankees will be one-and-done in the wildcard.

If we can get anything out of Stanton, you put Judge in CF, Stanton in RF, and whoever is best suited for LF.
Let DJ DH and rotate DH amongst those who are more brittle, like Stanton.
When Stanton DH's use Judge in RF, Cabrerra in CF, and whoever in LF. Sit Donaldson on those days and move DJ to 3b.
This is all under the assumption that Bader is out with an injury, no?

I sure hope we can get Stanton to play a minimum of 60 game in RF.

Bader may be out 4-6 weeks with a left oblique strain. However, there is no timetable for his return.

This will open an opportunity for Rafael Ortega to be on the roster opening day.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Bader may be out 4-6 weeks with a left oblique strain. However, there is no timetable for his return.

This will open an opportunity for Rafael Ortega to be on the roster opening day.
I'm rooting for Florial to take the job.
It will be interesting to see what they do with the glut of infielders If Peraza does indeed win the SS job.
Volpe only comes north of Peraza or Torres is hurt and if he continues scorching the ball.

It's a good sign though that he is stepping up after they told him he has a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.