MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
He signed when he was 16.
Missed the COVID season because there was no minor league season.
The next one year he hit like something like .268 in his first professional season as an 18 year old and someone here called him a bust.

So I guess by your guys standards at 20 he is attempting a come back?
I haven't called him a bust...yet.

Can't call him a bust because we really haven't seen much of him to put him on that looooong list of busts.
It’s always a crapshoot.
Look at all of the NFL first round busts that cost the drafting team millions.
You don’t even have to look that hard to find them. I’m not even talking about the jets or my Giants.
Winston
Mayfield (will probably stick around though like a Doug Fluti type).
And one of my favorite Busts. Carson Wentz. To name a quick three.

For some of these guys, they aren’t ready till after 25. Look at Judge. Just saying:)

looking at Newsday today - looks like the Yankee game won’t be broadcast tomorrow. What idiots! Mets game will be on though. I bet they will be broadcasting some stupid soccer game or they will show Bull Durham for the millionth time
I don’t get it either. You think they would show the first one. Mets are on Saturday and Sunday but then the next 3 are not on TV.

OK - looks like Hal is milking even more money. Apparently there is a YES app where you can watch today’s game. I was able to download the app on my phone but I am not going to watch the game on my friggin phone. My TV doesn’t list the YES app. I am going to have to try to get it through the fire stick.
Got to hand it to Hal. He is trying to get as much money out of the Yankees as possible.

OK - looks like Hal is milking even more money. Apparently there is a YES app where you can watch today’s game. I was able to download the app on my phone but I am not going to watch the game on my friggin phone. My TV doesn’t list the YES app. I am going to have to try to get it through the fire stick.
Got to hand it to Hal. He is trying to get as much money out of the Yankees as possible.
A lot of newer television’s have a mirror option where you can watch stuff from your phone on your tv.
I personally wouldn’t give them anymore money for anything. Especially for spring games that should be free to get the fans excited about the upcoming season.

Well the app is free but somebody is paying to advertise on it and maybe down the road they will charge for the app. If I can’t get the fire stick to work I will try that phone mirroring trick. I tried that once before and couldn’t get it to work. But that was on an older TV. The one I have now is only a couple of months old

I would have thought he would have gotten more. This guy is a rarity in that he plays EVERY day! Just about every other big money player has all kinds of difficulties staying on the field. Boy - San Diego has Machado, Soto, Bogaerts and Tatis in their lineup!

He signed when he was 16.
Missed the COVID season because there was no minor league season.
The next one year he hit like something like .268 in his first professional season as an 18 year old and someone here called him a bust.

So I guess by your guys standards at 20 he is attempting a come back?
Pretty sure I called him a bust, I can own it. He looks good in pinstripes, like a player for sure.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Pretty sure I called him a bust, I can own it. He looks good in pinstripes, like a player for sure.
They say he is a hard worker and learns quickly.

As long as the rules don't change, and the player union actually wants to keep them this way, there will be no International draft and the Yankees will have an opportunity to sign high end talent they don't get a shot at in the regular amateur draft.

Zach Wheeler Stats since 2020:
30 wins / 463 Ks / 2.85 ERA / 69 Starts / 437 innings pitched

Gerrit Cole Stats since 2020:
36 Wins / 594 Ks / 3.11 ERA / 75 Starts / 455 innings pitched

Cole makes 36 million a year until 2028 / 9 years 324 million
Wheeler makes 24 million a year until 2024 / 5 years 118 million

Based on stats and payroll flexibility who would you guys rather have had?
They were both free agents at the same time.

If Rodon needs TJ I think I will lose my shit. Can you imagine??? Hopefully the Yankees got some insurance on that guy. "Forearm tightness" is dead on for TJ. Billy is right. Look for the announcement in May. They will try rest - maybe a cortisone shot - then they will just do another TJ surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.