MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nestor thinks he will be ready for the start of the season. If he misses a start or two it won't be a big deal - god knows they will limit his innings anyway - they are soooooo girly when it comes to overprotecting some of these guys. Protect Sevy - he is as delicate as they come - let Cortez make every start possible and throw as many innings as possible.

billyS

Reign of Terror
He is having surgery on the 27th. What a bust! He only had basically the whole winter + to have it. He gets it done during spring training...what a joke!
What a dick.
And we gave up three good arms to get him.
Sears can pitch in the majors right now.
Medina throws consistently in triple digits. It always annoyed me they couldn't straighten him out
Waldichuk was their best pitching prospect.

They definitely overpaid because they lost out on Castillo and didn't want to get shut out of a starting pitcher.

I know we have all spewed some venom towards Cashman and his moves/signings.

But in ALL honesty, how does he still have a job? How is he still employed as the Yankees GM with all the awful signings and trades. The problem is ownership looks at all the cute cheap signings and overlooks the abundance of awful trades and signings.

Acquiring Gallo and Montas has decimated their farm system, and don't look now but Alcantrera (the OF that went to the Cubs) in the Rizzo deal is fucking mashing balls and looks like a stud.

Season hasn't started yet and I am already a bruised banana. There might be some real lean years coming real soon with all the terrible deals, signings, and huge contracts this team has clinging to them.

Degrom, has tightness in his upper left side, first day of throwing . Just saying.
I really can't even belive that WFAN was reporting that in their updates. And talking about it at length. WTFC Since when does NY Sports Radio report on a Texas Rangers Spring training issue. He doesn't matter anymore. His career from now on doesn't matter anymore especially because he's in Texas. For the life of me I can't believe he went there. Don't get me wrong I loved him as a Met and as a pitcher in general. And I always will appreciate his greatness. But It's over. I'm basically a Mets fan but it seems that they are too Mets centric and sentimental.

I know we have all spewed some venom towards Cashman and his moves/signings.

But in ALL honesty, how does he still have a job? How is he still employed as the Yankees GM with all the awful signings and trades. The problem is ownership looks at all the cute cheap signings and overlooks the abundance of awful trades and signings.

Acquiring Gallo and Montas has decimated their farm system, and don't look now but Alcantrera (the OF that went to the Cubs) in the Rizzo deal is fucking mashing balls and looks like a stud.

Season hasn't started yet and I am already a bruised banana. There might be some real lean years coming real soon with all the terrible deals, signings, and huge contracts this team has clinging to them.
let’s not forget about the players we gave up for Benintendi who got hurt and left.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I really can't even belive that WFAN was reporting that in their updates. And talking about it at length. WTFC Since when does NY Sports Radio report on a Texas Rangers Spring training issue. He doesn't matter anymore. His career from now on doesn't matter anymore especially because he's in Texas. For the life of me I can't believe he went there. Don't get me wrong I loved him as a Met and as a pitcher in general. And I always will appreciate his greatness. But It's over. I'm basically a Mets fan but it seems that they are too Mets centric and sentimental.
I think given deGrom's long association with the Mets and the fact that he just left this winter makes any news on him relevant.

He has been a topic of discussion for years, with his Koufax like spurts of greatness and the whole contract mess when he wanted to get extended and paid while he was having those great years.

To think the Media would just move on and not report something like this is silly. Every twitch he feels is going to be reported and talked about.

If Judge had gone to SF and ruptured his Achilles running out a ground ball you don't think we'd hear about that?

He went there because they were the only team that was going to waste that many years and that much money on him!

I think given deGrom's long association with the Mets and the fact that he just left this winter makes any news on him relevant.

He has been a topic of discussion for years, with his Koufax like spurts of greatness and the whole contract mess when he wanted to get extended and paid while he was having those great years.

To think the Media would just move on and not report something like this is silly. Every twitch he feels is going to be reported and talked about.

If Judge had gone to SF and ruptured his Achilles running out a ground ball you don't think we'd hear about that?
Agreed (even though you called me silly). I guess my point was more that I could understand the "National Media" .. but not necessarily the NY Media with all the more important NY Topics to possibly discuss.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Agreed (even though you called me silly). I guess my point was more that I could understand the "National Media" .. but not necessarily the NY Media with all the more important NY Topics to possibly discuss.
They discuss what they think people want to hear or what they will react to to generate conversation.

He went there because they were the only team that was going to waste that many years and that much money on him!
Again I know why $$$ But you would think he would "also" want to win & Win Championships" just a little more. And I know there are many factors involved. But if you look at it solely from that POV. The Rangers, well they just aren't that good. And have a MUCH worse history of losing or mediocrity than NY and on a personal note. He goes from a top 5 Pitcher friendly park to a bottom 15. Wasn't there any validity at all to reports of either LA or SD or any other more competitive team making a solid offer??The deal from Texas is Really for more years Not more AAV. Mets deal was 40 per. Rangers was 37 per. He could have bet on himself to Dominate in a Pitcher friendly park for 3 more years and still get another 3/4 year deal at age 36 when the big $$ starts rolling in to MLB. He could have looked at 50 per from 2026 through 2030.

Status
Not open for further replies.