MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Pretty cool I think!
Very!
I felt going in it was Peraza's job to loose and he only hit around .200 this spring and didn't have good at bats today. The only way he sticks is if they trade Gleyber. Otherwise he goes back to AAA and tries to rebuild his stock

About Volpe, I wonder if he keeps #77? He always wore 7 in the minors because his grandfather was a Mickey Mantle fan.
Or maybe they really apply the pressure and give him #11. The lowest available number.

Also, how much rope do they give him if he gets off to a slow start?

Either way, it's exciting to see a local kid who grew up a Yankee fan and obviously respects the game and his teammates.

Very!
I felt going in it was Peraza's job to loose and he only hit around .200 this spring and didn't have good at bats today. The only way he sticks is if they trade Gleyber. Otherwise he goes back to AAA and tries to rebuild his stock

About Volpe, I wonder if he keeps #77? He always wore 7 in the minors because his grandfather was a Mickey Mantle fan.
Or maybe they really apply the pressure and give him #11. The lowest available number.

Either way, it's exciting to see a local kid who grew up a Yankee fan and obviously respects the game and his teammates.
It is exciting but I think he is on a short leash. If he gets off to a bad start he probably goes down.

Kid deserved it, was one of their best players all spring training. Its exciting because he adds some youth and speed to that lineup. I wonder where they bat him? You think they would bat him leadoff?

Very!

Speaking of number 77, the former player of ours that wore it did not make the Rangers and was released. That kid has fallen so fast, maybe he was never that good to begin with.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Speaking of number 77, the former player of ours that wore it did not make the Rangers and was released. That kid has fallen so fast, maybe he was never that good to begin with.
A lot of people missed on him. He was drafted #5 overall by Cleveland, the same draft Judge was taken down in the teens.

Also when Frazier joined the Yankees system he was immediately slotted ahead of Judge in the top 30 prospect list.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Kid deserved it, was one of their best players all spring training. Its exciting because he adds some youth and speed to that lineup. I wonder where they bat him? You think they would bat him leadoff?
No way he bats leadoff right away.
And if he goes 0-4 and/or makes an error on opening day I don't want to hear he's a flop.

I think in the long run he may end up at 2B and maybe Peraza will play SS. But this was the right call and honestly I am kind of shocked they made the right decision. Let’s see what happens when Hicks is hitting 150 when Bader comes back. Will they play Cabrera over Hicks??? Christ! Cabrera is hitting 340 with 14 RBI. He sh oh kid be given the starting LF spot now.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think in the long run he may end up at 2B and maybe Peraza will play SS. But this was the right call and honestly I am kind of shocked they made the right decision. Let’s see what happens when Hicks is hitting 150 when Bader comes back. Will they play Cabrera over Hicks??? Christ! Cabrera is hitting 340 with 14 RBI. He sh oh kid be given the starting LF spot now.
I think with Bader out the only choice is Cabrera in left and Hicks in Center.

Unless they go Judge in center, Stanton in right and DJ at DH on Opening Day.

Very!

I read that he will be wearing #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.