Football

billyS

Reign of Terror
fair enough. I say overrated because he’s talked about with the greats. I don’t put him on that level. He is tied for 6th on my list of current coac

1.Belichick
2. Reid
3.Tomlin
4.Shanahan
5.Pederson
6.Harbaugh/Carrol,

but I understand that Jet fans should want to Kill for that resume.

Steve Young would like a word here lol
Bill Parcels doesn't make your list?

Also Jackson just isn't that good of a passer.

He overthrew a lot of open receivers yesterday. This is why when during the off season last year some of you wanted him for the Jets I argued against it.

Besides Jackson, Baltimore just made too many stupid penalties.

The stupidest was the taunting by Flowers.
What a Jackass. I don't like taunting in any sport. But look how stupid it made him look.
He loses 15 yards on that play.
And the fact he fumbled on the goal line is just too good! Karma baby!
And, talking about a straight-up assassin, get a load of Sneed.

Flowers (brilliant athleticism - give credit where credit is due) hovering over Sneed, taunting him with trash and throwing his hand in his face while Sneed was laid out like a corpse. Sneed, so stoic and confident, contains himself, unmoved, emotionless, oblivious to Flowers’ infantile tirades. The Assasin-Sneed, bides his time, cool as ice, and ends his heckler’s season at the goal line in embarrassing fashion, with a single well-aimed punch at the football, clutched in Flowers’ two hands.

That’s a lesson in zen!!!

The problem with it, FOR ME, was that it was the Kelce and Mahomes doing it.

If it were Allen and Diggs doing the same exact thing, I would have applaud it.

I am just bitter lol
I feel your pain!!!

Most NFL fans outside of Arrowhead have had enough of the Chiefs already. And, the Swift thing only adds fuel to the fire. Much the same as those of us who were not Patriot fans or even Brady fans found it intolerable to continually see them win.

And, the fact that the Chiefs have adopted a new persona of “bad boys” further infuriates non fans.

But, they had to. They were getting punched in the mouth and falling to other teams of lesser talent, trying to remain the NFL sweethearts.

Chiefs saw their season disintegrating, losing to the Raiders, Eagles, Broncos and narrowly beating the Jets.

The Chiefs found themselves as defending champs and playing on a level of mediocrity, at best.

So, they did what you or I or anybody else would do who still had their balls and self-respect. They manned-up and fought back.

I feel your pain!!!

Most NFL fans outside of Arrowhead have had enough of the Chiefs already. And, the Swift thing only adds fuel to the fire. Much the same as those of us who were not Patriot fans or even Brady fans found it intolerable to continually see them win.

And, the fact that the Chiefs have adopted a new persona of “bad boys” further infuriates non fans.

But, they had to. They were getting punched in the mouth and falling to other teams of lesser talent, trying to remain the NFL sweethearts.

Chiefs saw their season disintegrating, losing to the Raiders, Eagles, Broncos and narrowly beating the Jets.

The Chiefs found themselves as defending champs and playing on a level of mediocrity, at best.

So, they did what you or I or anybody else would do who still had their balls and self-respect. They manned-up and fought back.
This is their most impressive run so far. They haven’t had much adversity until this season.

That being said, I hope they fall on their face, lose by 50, and never recover. And THAT being said, if I was a gambler, my money is on KC.
Bill, I was wondering where Don Shula was, but he did say current coaches.
Yes it was my 5 current coaches as of the last season. It wouldn’t be right for me to make an “All-Time” list because I wasn’t around to be impressed by Lombardi, Knoll, Landry, etc. I only know what I have read and seen on documentaries.

FOR FUN (and if anyone else has a list): I started following football in 85. In my lifetime the best 10 coaches

1. Parcels
2. Belichick
3. Walsh
4. Shula
5. Jimmy Johnson
6 Andy Reid
7. Gibbs
8. Mike Shanahan
9. Levy
10. Tomlin

Not the best coaches who I loved: Wayne Fontes & Buddy Ryan

This is their most impressive run so far. They haven’t had much adversity until this season.

That being said, I hope they fall on their face, lose by 50, and never recover. And THAT being said, if I was a gambler, my money is on KC.

Yes it was my 5 current coaches as of the last season. It wouldn’t be right for me to make an “All-Time” list because I wasn’t around to be impressed by Lombardi, Knoll, Landry, etc. I only know what I have read and seen on documentaries.

FOR FUN (and if anyone else has a list): I started following football in 85. In my lifetime the best 10 coaches

1. Parcels
2. Belichick
3. Walsh
4. Shula
5. Jimmy Johnson
6 Andy Reid
7. Gibbs
8. Mike Shanahan
9. Levy
10. Tomlin

Add Dick Vermeil somewhere in there, “THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF.”

—————————————————————————————

That being said, I hope they fall on their face, lose by 50, and never recover. And THAT being said, if I was a gambler, my money is on KC.“

————————————————————————————-
Those are some downright powerful complex venomous emotions compressed into your short potent reply.

And, facing SF is no small task. They are loaded with talent. The revenge factor alone to even the score for SF’s loss to the Chiefs in that Super Bowl where SF was highly favored to win is enough. KC stole that game on a wing and a prayer, and the lost confidence in Jimmy G.

And, unbelievably, Brock Purdy, four years younger than Mahomes, is phenomenal. And, Kittle, four years younger than Kelce is a stud. Bosa has a thirst for blood and revenge. And, that white boy running back, (apple doesn’t fall far from the tree) running as viciously as Earl Campbell, Christian McCaffrey, who can’t miss at league MVP.

KC will have a game plan, rest assured, authored by Reid and Spags, and no quit in Mahomes and the boys. But, prayers are needed that they hold onto the football, Fred Biletnikoff style.

But, unfortunately, and to the dismay of us Chief fans, the days of KC scoring at will is but a page in history.

But, your wish-list for them to fall flat on their face by 50 points is a long shot.

1. Parcels
2. Belichick
3. Walsh
4. Shula
5. Jimmy Johnson
6 Andy Reid
7. Gibbs
8. Mike Shanahan
9. Levy
10. Tomlin

LOMBARDI!

Parcels wouldn't be #1, that's an obvious homer pick. I'm a jets fan, but BB is #1, shula #2 and Chuck knoll should be in the top 10.
It’s just my opinion. Certainly not a homer pick. I am a Bills fan. Aside from his success with the Giants, He took the 1-15 jets to a winning season in just one year. He took the 2-14 Patriots to the playoffs in just two years, and had good seasons in Dallas with Quincy Carter as his QB lol. Belichick would have never been relevant if it werent for Parcells.

There is one coach on my list that never won a Super Bowl. That was my homer pick lol

Gotta love all the Belichek lovers in these posts, SMH. Coach Brady won those 'Chips, not Belichek.
I don't recall anyone praising the game plan all the SB wins the Pats had, but Brady was the SB MVP 5x in those wins, because he MADE the plays. And I fucking HATE Brady.

Belichek is NOTHING without Brady, he didn't even want to draft him. The Pats QB Coach Dick Rehbein and player director Bobby Grier had to convince BB to draft Brady.

Just reinforces why he has NO job now, that he isn't a good talent evaluator. Look at what he did the last few years in NE, that entire roster lacks talent. He was the one driving the bus in player personnel decisions. Belichek is the EASY pick on the surface. I rather have Jimmy Johnson over Belichek. He turned that Cowboys Franchise AROUND, orchestrated the greatest trade in NFL history by fleecing the Vikings and sending them Hershall Walker for the picks that won them their 'Chips. That guy could evaluate talent! Had stupid Jerry Jones not gotten in the way that Cowboys team could have won more then the 3 out of 4 they won. Jimmy Johnson gifted Barry with that last 'chip. Belichek, LMAO, SMH

I would take Parcells over BB ANY DAY. For a lot of the reasons @frogger54 mentions.

It’s just my opinion. Certainly not a homer pick. I am a Bills fan. Aside from his success with the Giants, He took the 1-15 jets to a winning season in just one year. He took the 2-14 Patriots to the playoffs in just two years, and had good seasons in Dallas with Quincy Carter as his QB lol. Belichick would have never been relevant if it werent for Parcells.

There is one coach on my list that never won a Super Bowl. That was my homer pick lol
Right, Bill Parcells. How soon we forget.

He resurrected the laughable losing Giant’s franchise. Thanks for the memories, @frogger54.

He took losing organizations and changed the culture, player by player. He was just so brutally honest with his players. So unconventional. Certainly not a pleasant guy, but truly one of the best.

Had Otis Anderson walking around training camp with an empty gas can to remind him to fill up his tank. And, the aging running back, Otis, had a solid Super Bowl on old legs to best the “Norwood - wide-right” Bills. Made Lawrence Taylor play offense in practice to challenge him. His jawing rants with Phil Sims are legendary. Inspired “Hos” (Jeff Hostetler) when Phil Sims was injured. Gave him that tough Texan name. It was funny and comical because we all knew the “Hos” character being Dan Blocker from the show “Bonanza,” who played good college ball.

He resurrected the laughable losing Giant’s franchise. Thanks for the memories, @frogger54.

He took losing organizations and changed the culture, player by player. He was just so brutally honest with his players. So unconventional. Certainly not a pleasant guy, but truly one of the best.

Had Otis Anderson walking around training camp with an empty gas can to remind him to fill up his tank. And, the aging running back, Otis, had a solid Super Bowl on old legs to best the “Norwood - wide-right” Bills. Made Lawrence Taylor play offense in practice to challenge him. His jawing rants with Phil Sims are legendary. Inspired “Hos” (Jeff Hostetler) when Phil Sims was injured. Gave him that tough Texan name. It was funny and comical because we all knew the “Hos” character being Dan Blocker from the show “Bonanza,” who played good college ball.
Or the time Parcells referred to Terry Glenn (RIP) as "She"

Parcells absolutely turned the Giants around, but when arrived, they already had Simms, Harry Carson and LT (the GREATEST defensive player ever and the ONLY LT!) and a few other offensive players on the roster that the used to build around. The foundation was there, thanks in no small part to Ray Perkins, but Parcells definitely molded, refined and built upon it.