Favorite Deli Sandwich

I know I’m late to the party but Jersey Mikes subs aren’t that bad at all. Definitely a step up above Blimpies and Subway sandwiches which I hate both with a passion!
I hear Subway is changing their business model to offering their sandwiches with freshly sliced meat …

The last time I had Subway, I barely made it home to the head—ended up with a stomach issue for days

Tks to this thread, I’ve been on a hero kick for the past week or two …No special deli in particular, but Boars head oven gold, with yellow American, lettuce/ tomato/red sweet peppers oil/ vinegar, mayo and S/P does the trick— As mentioned earlier the bread will definitely make a difference —

In addition, the visual appeal of an overstuffed hero ( extra meat, for example) does not do it for me..

I would think it’s like a chick taking a giant cock in her mouth- Stretching, gagging and not being able to enjoy the complete effect- Nice savory bites I would think does the trick-

just saying — Back to Sandwich’s

Roll and Roaster 2901 Emmons Ave in Brooklyn, I believe that's sheepshead bay area. Roast beef on a roll with a side of cheesy fries. Place has been there for years very well known and open till 2 am. Packs out with a mixture of bar Patron's heading home, and local cops frequent often.
Another favorite is an Italian sub with Xtra oil and vinegar from Satellite pizza in Bayport. Perfect proportions and quality hero roll.

Roll and Roaster 2901 Emmons Ave in Brooklyn, I believe that's sheepshead bay area. Roast beef on a roll with a side of cheesy fries. Place has been there for years very well known and open till 2 am. Packs out with a mixture of bar Patron's heading home, and local cops frequent often.
Another favorite is an Italian sub with Xtra oil and vinegar from Satellite pizza in Bayport. Perfect proportions and quality hero roll.
Roll N Roaster was a favorite hangout spot with my friends in the late 1970s. Just went there again with my youngest son. Starting to feel old now.
Garbage compared to Brennan and Carr which is 5 minutes away.

Satellite pizza is a good spot though, haven't been in 30 years though.

I lived on Avenue X, so just about half way between Roll 'N Roaster and Brennan & Carr. RNR was a late night hangout after we'd been drinking in someone's parent's basement. B&C was for the high rollers! Much better quality but at a price, mostly beyond my budget was I was a poor high school student. I went to a wake in Gerritssen Beach last summer and stopped in at Brennan & Carr, happy to report they were still going strong and their roast beef was as tasty as ever.

Just saw that Pastrami King is closing today.
Toss up for me with Lido Deli for best Pastrami sandwich in my area.
Wow thats wild, he’s been at that spot a long time. Surprised his big shot brother didn’t step in and try to take it over. I won’t mention him by name but he is famous for doing that with Malibu, Mill Ridge, Coral House… etc.