Favorite Deli Sandwich

Pantanos in Plainview - Big John - chix cutlet, French fries, fresh moz, brown gravy - pressed in a wrap is phenomenal.
Pantanos has a location there too now?
They have been in Hewlett & Uniondale (took over the Coliseum Deli) and have one of the better Egg Sandwiches on LI. They also have a pretty extensive and wild sandwich menu for those who like to explore to combinations.
Uniondale location can be very busy though with Hofstra & NCC kids, Hempstead PD, State Troopers, blue collar guys on break, & neighborhood people. Everyone goes there.

Did you really just explain to me on how I should handle standing in line?

I have stood in line at these places, I wouldn't romanticize it as much as you would cause I don't have that much hot air in me. People were ok. Just didn't think the pizza warranted the length of lines.
I grew up around that area. Had my pizza there with friends and watched the Jets play the Giants at The Yale Bowl once a year there. A lot to talk about. Sure, some “hot air “ but everybody breathes.

Jersey Mike's is expensive but then again one of my go to subs at the Freeport deli is up to $14.99. I just realized it the other day when a $20 bill didn't cover my drink, chips and sandwich.
The Southern Comfort sandwich is now up to $19.99 at Atlantic Ave. according to the website. Amazing sandwich, probably one of the best I had last year after your recommendation.
I would pay that over Jersey Mikes any day.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The Southern Comfort sandwich is now up to $19.99 at Atlantic Ave. according to the website. Amazing sandwich, probably one of the best I had last year after your recommendation.
I would pay that over Jersey Mikes any day.
I wonder if that's a combo price or maybe it went up on New Years? I know I just had one the end of December and that's the incident I posted and you quoted.

I wonder if that's a combo price or maybe it went up on New Years? I know I just had one the end of December and that's the incident I posted and you quoted.
I have not been there in a month but did a web search on their menu. All the prices were higher but also makes me wonder if thats the ‘online order’ price. Will probably go there later next week as this thread is scratching my sandwich itch.

Pantanos has a location there too now?
They have been in Hewlett & Uniondale (took over the Coliseum Deli) and have one of the better Egg Sandwiches on LI. They also have a pretty extensive and wild sandwich menu for those who like to explore to combinations.
Uniondale location can be very busy though with Hofstra & NCC kids, Hempstead PD, State Troopers, blue collar guys on break, & neighborhood people. Everyone goes there.
I love coliseum deli but with pantanos I love their chicken cutlet , I get the a la vodka sandwich . They provide extra sauce and man it’s amazing

Jessen’s in West Babylon is pretty good. My friend always asks for an all American hero, much like 99% of the other customers on line, but the wait there has been pretty damn long lately. Me personally I just opt for a vegetable wrap with some balsamic vinaigrette as of late.

Stumbled across this place in Hicksville called "Smartwich" in Francesca's bakery south on rt 106
Got a turkey with fresh mozzarella, came with watercress, pickled cabbage, banana peppers, honey mustard maybe some other stuff. On a legit real baked Portuguese style bread, not the commodity hero bread you get at every deli.

Sandwich was legit, great size, everything was really fresh.

Stumbled across this place in Hicksville called "Smartwich" in Francesca's bakery south on rt 106
Got a turkey with fresh mozzarella, came with watercress, pickled cabbage, banana peppers, honey mustard maybe some other stuff. On a legit real baked Portuguese style bread, not the commodity hero bread you get at every deli.

Sounds good!

billyS

Reign of Terror

A few blocks from LeCafe.

A good fresh roll, slice of bread, or hero can really make a bread sandwich

That sandwich bread with some nice extra virgin olive oil or butter on it would be delicious. Can't go wrong either way.
Evoo never hurts—

Depending on the sandwich I enjoy a good mustard too.. ( certainly not in combination with evoo, mayo etc)

Least favorite add would be balsamic or anything truffle related - don’t enjoy the taste