Favorite Deli Sandwich

billyS

Reign of Terror
They do have lots of regulars especially from the school and hospital. Haven't notice line skipping, the only problem I have is figuring which register is open. They changed ownership like 2 yrs ago. The previous owner was a buddy of mine since high school. He passed away earlier this year.
Actually now that you say it, the problem really was there seems to be more than one counter and where exactly the line starts wasn't clear, so maybe it was that I was standing in the wrong place waiting and others who knew the layout were just stepping up and ordering.

Sal Kris and Charlie's in Astoria. Under 13 for a Italian or american combo that will blow away every single deli on long island 5 fold easily.
Despise the food and their prices on long islamd. Piss poor pizza is 20 plus a pie ( by me its 30 plus)I can get a difara pie for 35 one of the best in thebl county or head to CT for a 20 dollar pie which is the best in the country or eat shit pizza for the same if not more smh.
The pie in CT isn't cold by the time you get home?

I agree with a lot of points here.
No sweet peppers is a deal breaker for me, that was one of the attractions to their sandwichs.

I agree you have to keep adding new things to build a new base of customers but if you delete other items and loose customers isn't that a net 0?
It's like pizza places constantly coming up with different toppings to attract Gen z or whatever the next generation is, but sometimes people want pepperoni on a pizza not chipotle pineapple.

Jersey Mike's is expensive but then again one of my go to subs at the Freeport deli is up to $14.99. I just realized it the other day when a $20 bill didn't cover my drink, chips and sandwich.
Most definitely. A large majority of delis prices have been on the rise and are not cheap at all. I guess it just depends on the preferred quality. I just feel a bit less scammed when I get a sandwich from a deli I really enjoyed vs a so-so sandwich from a Subway or Jersey Mike's. There is a deli I visit Seaport, in Port Jeff. Sandwich and a bev usually runs me around $20 also. Huge and wild sandwich options though.

I just remember visiting Jersey Mike's one time and got curious to try the meatballs but didnt want it on the bread. I asked how many meatballs come on the giant ($15 at the time). She said two meatballs cut in half. I said okay how much is it if I just want it in a plate. She said it's the same price. $15 dollars for two meatballs?! I stepped back called my local Italian deli, 50 cents a meatball. Put in an order of 6. Looked at the women said no thanks and walked. Did not repeat (atleast not for meatballs lol).

Most definitely. A large majority of delis prices have been on the rise and are not cheap at all. I guess it just depends on the preferred quality. I just feel a bit less scammed when I get a sandwich from a deli I really enjoyed vs a so-so sandwich from a Subway or Jersey Mike's. There is a deli I visit Seaport, in Port Jeff. Sandwich and a bev usually runs me around $20 also. Huge and wild sandwich options though.

I just remember visiting Jersey Mike's one time and got curious to try the meatballs but didnt want it on the bread. I asked how many meatballs come on the giant ($15 at the time). She said two meatballs cut in half. I said okay how much is it if I just want it in a plate. She said it's the same price. $15 dollars for two meatballs?! I stepped back called my local Italian deli, 50 cents a meatball. Put in an order of 6. Looked at the women said no thanks and walked. Did not repeat (atleast not for meatballs lol).
You wouldn't consider seaport deli Setauket? I love seaport

I haven’t had a Subway sandwich in over a decade that reminds me of my college days. I’ve moved on from that type of meal and meat for real! Isn’t that a place for adolescents or people with their first jobs in the real world lol.

Chicken cutlet, Lettuce, tomatoes, hot sauce and a bit of mayo or sriracha mayo.

there was a Jewish deli near an old office where I use to work @ early 2000’s ,I used to order the following on a scooped out sesame or wrap; tuna, L,T, red onion, Sliced dill pickle and Doritos (in the sandwich). They named it- the big Dill.

I put it between engine and hood and it keeps it warm. Getting to New Haven is a rare/special treat between Don Pepe and modern apizza for pizza and Louis lunch for the original hamburger it is always worth the visit/excursion
Great pizza in new Haven area, not worth the lines and wait though. IMHO.

Great pizza in new Haven area, not worth the lines and wait though. IMHO.
It’s a friendly line, though. You talk to other patrons, take it in stride, inch closer to a table.

And, when you finally get your pie, you are eating a real piece of history in a warm authentic environment. If you have the time, it is worth it.

It’s a friendly line, though. You talk to other patrons, take it in stride, inch closer to a table.

And, when you finally get your pie, you are eating a real piece of history in a warm authentic environment. If you have the time, it is worth it.
Did you really just explain to me on how I should handle standing in line?

I have stood in line at these places, I wouldn't romanticize it as much as you would cause I don't have that much hot air in me. People were ok. Just didn't think the pizza warranted the length of lines.

Line/wait at DiFara far worse that apizza or pepe in my experiences ( weekday midday for comparison). DiFara can be an hour to order and 30 to wait for the slice after you order. In CT I am always in and out in under 40 minutes. Evening or weekends I avoid most busy places due to my anti social tendencies and hatred for waiting and most people

Line/wait at DiFara far worse that apizza or pepe in my experiences ( weekday midday for comparison). DiFara can be an hour to order and 30 to wait for the slice after you order. In CT I am always in and out in under 40 minutes. Evening or weekends I avoid most busy places due to my anti social tendencies and hatred for waiting and most people
It's crazy, I remember being able to be in and out at Difaras.

try difara on Friday midday during lent forget about it. 2 plus hours easy no answering of phone. Weird to me is 3/4 of the neighborhood won't eat their cause it's not kosher and yet they thrive. Amount of visitors sustain them.
We should do a difara night. Up to 20 people unlimited pizza and beverage for one flat fee. And it's BYOB to boot