Does she really like you?

Originally posted by h. von bingen
i graduated from high school when i was 15.

THAT explains it.

Lack of opportunties to socialize within your peer group. Lleading you to the mistaken conclusion that you have none.

Peers, that is.

Originally posted by jseah
FWIW, I started college when I was 16 too...........
Yeah, but no one would know it from talking to you. And that's a good thing [to quote another overachiever who may be visiting a federal prison soon].

Originally posted by Confused
I don't dig on the emoticons because they're crutches. If one cannot properly and accurately express mood and emotions, well, then they should try harder.

If you're using the emoticons for fun, well, that's a different story.
I would prefer it if people could articulate their feelings in words accurately as well. However, emoticons are less crutches then symptoms of a paradigm. The shift away from more formal communication to something of a social shorthand.

While neither you or I like it, its something one must learn to use if one is to communicate with people who "don't speak the same dialect", so to speak.

Example: I find that when ever I try to get explicit, concisness suffers. This leads, in this day of MTV attention spans, to bored readers who never get past the third sentence [casting an eye in a particular direction].

Its just is as it is "Confused". If you want your message to get across you have to use a method understood by your target audience.

i swear to you: there has been no condensation whatsoever.
I want to believe you believe that. But there is. You just don't see it.

Mistake of the head: That which can be changed by means of enlightenment and/or education.

Mistake of the heart: That which is caused by a lack of a particular character trait. Usually unfixable.

I really want to think that your not seeing it is a mistake of the head, and not the heart.

So, understand. It doesn't matter what your intent is in this situation. Its the results that are at issue.

If you were in a lab, conducting an experiment, and you kept getting an undesired result but you were sure that your method was correct: would absolutely insist that the result was wrong, or would you finally break down and start examining your methodology?

Anyway... I should take my own advise.

There has been a loss of adjectives among the younger generation. Everything is either 'great' or it 'sucks'.

Sure, if I want to communicate with them I'll start off using those words but I won't limit myself to them. I'll say "x sucks because its [insert adjectives].'

I don't simply rely on words like 'great' and sucks' as crutches.

I feel the same way about emoticons.

Re: i'm waiting for the emotikon for:

schadenfreude.
Trust me... there is no glee in any of this [at least not as far as I am concerned]. Though I believe April's been playing with you for a bit now.

[Bad April... dangling the cheese in front of the mouse because you know she'll jump is far from kind]

HvB, do not underestimate April's knowledge of what makes people tick. For many of us it was a survival skill acquired literally to keep us alive. "BS/A in Street smarts" The classroom is a bitch and the lab is a real killer, but if you finish the curriculum the degree can really be useful.

April has a graduate degree and is working on her doctorate .

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
tends to happen when people dont care about the thread only about seeing themselves in it for no other reason than to discuss their vacations or other stuff that belongs in the off topic thread.
Thread drift- a UG phenomenom! Usually only by a select few (at a consistant rate anyway)

Gotta luv it here!

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
lets see.....................pussy..........ug...............pussy......ug

I must admit I'd prefer to be playing with a certain hot LI Blonde than posting on here. That doesn't mean UG doesn't rate right up there though.

Gotta luv it, even more so when your privy to all sorts of ob stuff and then you see people post here knowing that they are absulutly cluless and for a great part full of crap!

Originally posted by April
Gotta luv it, even more so when your privy to all sorts of ob stuff and then you see people post here knowing that they are absulutly cluless and for a great part full of crap!
Obligatory (and in this case arguably hypocritical) (although I'd say just highly ironic) assertion about how stupid it is to let anyone on-board know anything about your off-board stuff.