Dating site extortion experience

Not really sure where this goes but wanted to share this harrowing experience, hope it doesn’t happen to you. I made a really bad call today trying a chat site where I got lured into setting up a google meet with someone and goin on camera with them. Next thing I’m getting flooded with extortion to pay money or the video will be share with everyone in my gmail contacts. Also got sent a ridiculous picture of the grandparent that she needs the money for.

after being freaked out, I blocked the person who kept sending me messages in my gmail, probably through my google meet and sending me pics of my contacts. I also sent an email to all my contacts that my gmail is hacked and don’t open attachments or suspicious mail, I thought about deleting my gmail but didnt.

i have monitored all day and see nothing, 12 hours now. Nobody’s contacted me about anything wierd in gmail. Hoping he or she won’t do anything since I blocked and didn’t pay. Anyone else go thru this? I’m afraid of coming clean with SO or going to cops, but dont know how long before I can breath. Even more worried about getting exposed to everyone in my life. A real Anthony wiener moment. Should I send all my contacts a new email and shut this one down. any Suggestions. Kind of freaked out here.

Not really sure where this goes but wanted to share this harrowing experience, hope it doesn’t happen to you. I made a really bad call today trying a chat site where I got lured into setting up a google meet with someone and goin on camera with them. Next thing I’m getting flooded with extortion to pay money or the video will be share with everyone in my gmail contacts. Also got sent a ridiculous picture of the grandparent that she needs the money for.

after being freaked out, I blocked the person who kept sending me messages in my gmail, probably through my google meet and sending me pics of my contacts. I also sent an email to all my contacts that my gmail is hacked and don’t open attachments or suspicious mail, I thought about deleting my gmail but didnt.

i have monitored all day and see nothing, 12 hours now. Nobody’s contacted me about anything wierd in gmail. Hoping he or she won’t do anything since I blocked and didn’t pay. Anyone else go thru this? I’m afraid of coming clean with SO or going to cops, but dont know how long before I can breath. Even more worried about getting exposed to everyone in my life. A real Anthony wiener moment. Should I send all my contacts a new email and shut this one down. any Suggestions. Kind of freaked out here.
This happened to me about 2 years ago when i first signed onto SA. Chatting with a “girl” who wanted to jump right to some texting app to video chat. The person wound up taking a face pic and a junk pic and said they would post it all over social media. They didn’t know my real name or real number so i don’t know it would’ve been possible. I freaked out for like 10 minutes but they are really just looking for money in my opinion. I wouldn’t stress about it. They would’ve done something already and were just trying to scare you into cash

thanks emarbles,

I think each hour makes it less likely. I also think most of them just want money and if they can’t get it, go for others.

I messed up as she can access my real name. Because I stupidly went to my regular google app.

pokler

Power Bottom

did you have your dick out ? If not then why sweat it ?

I think the most reassuring thing I have is that I didn’t bite on paying and I blocked right away rather than keep the dialogue going. It’s easier to try a bunch of other horny guys and hope they pay. Probably one in five pays and they want the quick cash, I’m thinking. not wishing it on anyone else, mind you.

This happened to me about 2 years ago when i first signed onto SA. Chatting with a “girl” who wanted to jump right to some texting app to video chat. The person wound up taking a face pic and a junk pic and said they would post it all over social media. They didn’t know my real name or real number so i don’t know it would’ve been possible. I freaked out for like 10 minutes but they are really just looking for money in my opinion. I wouldn’t stress about it. They would’ve done something already and were just trying to scare you into cash
Had the same thing. Nothing happened. Just a scare tactic

Next thing I’m getting flooded with extortion to pay money or the video will be share with everyone in my gmail contacts.

so they had access to your actual contacts? Did they threaten you with the real names of your contacts? If so how did that happen

Its 2 days and I think my ignoring them has worked. They most probably want money and moved on to the next victim when I didn't agree to pay.

Richter, the way it happened is that I stupidly went to Google hangouts with the person who then was able to capture all my contacts associated with Gmail. Not really sure I ow that works. Maybe he sent a malware to access my Gmail contacts that they probably used when I gave her access to videochat with me in hangout.

I saw some YouTube videos on how this is happening to a lot of people, sometimes via Facebook or other social media.

Its 2 days and I think my ignoring them has worked. They most probably want money and moved on to the next victim when I didn't agree to pay.

Richter, the way it happened is that I stupidly went to Google hangouts with the person who then was able to capture all my contacts associated with Gmail. Not really sure I ow that works. Maybe he sent a malware to access my Gmail contacts that they probably used when I gave her access to videochat with me in hangout.

I saw some YouTube videos on how this is happening to a lot of people, sometimes via Facebook or other social media.
You know for a fact he had access to your contacts or you were told by the person they had your contacts?

billyS

Reign of Terror

People are showing their dicks on Facebook?

You know for a fact he had access to your contacts or you were told by the person they had your contacts?
Its a good question. She messaged me in the hangouts page after the video conversation,, with the threat about paying or else, which was on a scroll typed over and over and then a couple of copy pasted images of my contacts list which is associated with hangouts I guess because all Google works together.

But I actually don't know how she accessed my contacts simply because we had a conversation on hangouts. Maybe malware is sent when I accepted her or something. But then I saw a YouTube video of this being something that is very frequent as a scam or scheme to get money. So I guess they got it down to a science. Mostly from philipines I hear.

People are showing their dicks on Facebook?
No but the scammers ask you for your social media so they can blacmail you. I didn't give them my Facebook but some do. Some give other social media. I only opened up my Google to them and am still considering shutting my Gmail account down but have not seen anything suspicious in three days so not sure if I should. I'm trying not to over react. I heard that if you don't pay and you block they just move on to the next horny guy in line.

No but the scammers ask you for your social media so they can blacmail you. I didn't give them my Facebook but some do. Some give other social media. I only opened up my Google to them and am still considering shutting my Gmail account down but have not seen anything suspicious in three days so not sure if I should. I'm trying not to over react. I heard that if you don't pay and you block they just move on to the next horny guy in line.
That makes sense you have no reason to go to the police but if your significant other finds out you definitely would have no reason not to report

I set up an Alternate Gmail account, and use it for stuff like this, and when they try to extort me i say go right ahead, show everyone.. I don't care! They try this on face book also, hot looking girl friend requests me and i then play into their game, but on face book i never send any pics because i don't have a fake fb account.

before i set up the fake Gmail account, they tried this to me, i paused for a minute and said go right ahead, do what you have to do, i Hope you do, this shows them that they have nothing on you that would bother you, i then say, its to bad, im very successful (which im not) and i could have really taken care of you. just to get a dig in to them..

Good luck bro and don't sweat it

pokler

Power Bottom
I set up an Alternate Gmail account, and use it for stuff like this, and when they try to extort me i say go right ahead, show everyone.. I don't care! They try this on face book also, hot looking girl friend requests me and i then play into their game, but on face book i never send any pics because i don't have a fake fb account.

before i set up the fake Gmail account, they tried this to me, i paused for a minute and said go right ahead, do what you have to do, i Hope you do, this shows them that they have nothing on you that would bother you, i then say, its to bad, im very successful (which im not) and i could have really taken care of you. just to get a dig in to them..

Good luck bro and don't sweat it
Fake account or not .. do you want a vid of yourself jerking off out there in cyberspace ?