COVID-19 Conspiracy theories - post all your dumb shit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between wearing mask below your nose (and saying we have mask on) and wearing mask responsibly and simply don’t touch touch your nose and mouth unless you have sanitized or washed your hand. Nothing hard to follow.

Everything we browse on daily basis on internet works on algorithms and only show us what we searched or what we want to see.

Everything is manipulated to make us more afraid if we are afraid or make us more careless if we don’t give a shit about anything. So just listen to experts.. listen to Fauci. His whole life he worked on these things and based on my qualifications I have no right to question him. If that guy says wear a mask then fucking wear a mask.

Over and out..

Posting these thoughts in the conspiracy thread because I just don't know what to believe anymore.

I have been reading more and more articles on how ineffective masks are. Even the NY Times are plublishing these articles. Danish researchers did a controlled study with a few thousand people. Half wore masks and the other half did not. They found no significant difference in infection rates. The US Marines also did a similar study adding a lock down component to the mask group. Again no significant difference in infection rates. I also saw a study that said prolonged mask wearing is bad. The mask becomes moist and can cause bacteria to grow. Turns out we should be changing our masks several times a day. Not wearing the same one for prolonged periods.

Five different health professionals give seven different mask guidelines, if you count statements made months ago.

I wonder if mask wearing and lock downs have been become the equivalent of removing your shoes at the airport. Something that makes us think the people in charge know what their doing, but in reality provides no help at all. We demand that our health professionals "do something", so they tell us to wear a mask. Knowing full well that it provides very little protection.

There is a difference between wearing mask below your nose (and saying we have mask on) and wearing mask responsibly and simply don’t touch touch your nose and mouth unless you have sanitized or washed your hand. Nothing hard to follow.

Everything we browse on daily basis on internet works on algorithms and only show us what we searched or what we want to see.

Everything is manipulated to make us more afraid if we are afraid or make us more careless if we don’t give a shit about anything. So just listen to experts.. listen to Fauci. His whole life he worked on these things and based on my qualifications I have no right to question him. If that guy says wear a mask then fucking wear a mask.

Over and out..
With all due respect. I never searched for masks effective or not? LOL Google will always find whatever you're looking for.

I read NY Times / Wall street journal / Washington Post / and many more, every day. News has always been an obsession with me. I spend a good amount of money on subscriptions. Check them out. They seem to be moving away from masks and lock downs. NY times reported about the Danish study. The Wall street journal had an article a few days ago about how ineffective many of the masks we are using are. Turns out a cloth mask is the worse. Less than 10% effective. They recommended the $5 N95. But again you can't just have one for the day. I doubt most people would be willing to spend more than $20 a day on masks.

Experts? Their advice is always changing as new information comes in. Which I do understand. Fauci at first said we shouldn't wear masks. Now he says we should. As more data comes in, who knows what the advice will be next month.

Does anyone realize how many people prior to COVID wear mask regularly at there jobs and no hints of adverse health effects till now
stop believing nonsense and do a little research
and I agree with above the right mask needs to be worn to be effective
it would be like wearing a dust mask when working on asbestos abatement
and questions effectiveness
use common sense for your situation

The best supplemental regime to use to help ward off Rona is especially by taking D3 & vitamin C in your normal daily vitamin regime. Other thing is to dissolve daily a tablet of zinc in your mouth. It sucks doing this because it tastes so chalky.
Gargle with Blue Listerine before going to sleep.
A friend had the Rona back in late February and he told me that he thought he had pneumonia, but it was in his throat.
Try these precautions. Stay away from crowds, wash your hands, have a squirt bottle of hand sanitizer in your car’s coffee cup holder, wear the shitty mask and get in better shape.
Rona especially takes down people who are unhealthy and who have underlying health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity etc....

billyS

Reign of Terror
The best supplemental regime to use to help ward off Rona is especially by taking D3 & vitamin C in your normal daily vitamin regime. Other thing is to dissolve daily a tablet of zinc in your mouth. It sucks doing this because it tastes so chalky.
Gargle with Blue Listerine before going to sleep.
A friend had the Rona back in late February and he told me that he thought he had pneumonia, but it was in his throat.
Try these precautions. Stay away from crowds, wash your hands, have a squirt bottle of hand sanitizer in your car’s coffee cup holder, wear the shitty mask and get in better shape.
Rona especially takes down people who are unhealthy and who have underlying health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity etc....
I've been taking zinc as a supplement for years. I stopped taking multivitamin ages ago and only hone in on the ones I really need and in the dose I need.
Now unfortunately when I went to place my yearly order I was restricted on the zinc because of the demand.

I've read that obese people are at the highest risk. Maybe because obesity tends to lead to other conditions like diabetes, heart problems etc
Talk about thinning of the heard.

I've been taking zinc as a supplement for years. I stopped taking multivitamin ages ago and only hone in on the ones I really need and in the dose I need.
Now unfortunately when I went to place my yearly order I was restricted on the zinc because of the demand.......
Ditto on the multi.
Zinc is really important as you age over 60. So is B12 especially if you eat little or no meat, no milk (BTW, soy milk is helpful, for different reasons, for older men and women). I only eat occasional seafood, some eggs, rest is vegetarian — not vegan which doesn't make sense to me.

They gave Zinc, D and aspirin to Trump as part of his treatment for CORVID.
You want zinc picolinate 25mg (anything more than 25mg is wasted) for best absorption and D3 for months oct-april (your body makes enough during May-Sept unless you live in a cave)

BTW, there is a MD, Michael Greger. His recommendations are science based with the vast majority double blind studies referenced. Take a look at his website blogs and videos and especially his book How Not To Die.

He also has a lot of useful stuff to say about the pandemic.

Trust me on this - worth looking into.

Ps. I went to my local vitamin store when I couldn't get Zinc P online, bought the last 2 bottles,

Posting these thoughts in the conspiracy thread because I just don't know what to believe anymore.

I have been reading more and more articles on how ineffective masks are. Even the NY Times are plublishing these articles. Danish researchers did a controlled study with a few thousand people. Half wore masks and the other half did not. They found no significant difference in infection rates. The US Marines also did a similar study adding a lock down component to the mask group. Again no significant difference in infection rates. I also saw a study that said prolonged mask wearing is bad. The mask becomes moist and can cause bacteria to grow. Turns out we should be changing our masks several times a day. Not wearing the same one for prolonged periods.

Five different health professionals give seven different mask guidelines, if you count statements made months ago.

I wonder if mask wearing and lock downs have been become the equivalent of removing your shoes at the airport. Something that makes us think the people in charge know what their doing, but in reality provides no help at all. We demand that our health professionals "do something", so they tell us to wear a mask. Knowing full well that it provides very little protection.
Hey can you post links to the articles you are mentioning here?

Hey can you post links to the articles you are mentioning here?

NYT article about Danish study that failed to show masks help prevent COVID
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/health/coronavirus-masks-denmark.html

Wall Street Journal article comparing mask effectiveness. Turns out cloth masks offer very little protection
https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-masks-will-protect-you-better-than-others-11606081251

Marine study that shows recruits who passed initial temperature screening still passed COVID to other recruits despite an initial 2 week quarantine. This study appeared on CBS news, NYT, as well as other places.
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...read-among-marine-recruits-despite-quarantine

Back in March, at the start of all of this I posted that there were no "experts". This is a brand new virus. All the advice we got was based on known viruses. As we learn more the advice given will change. What was recommended yesterday can change tomorrow.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist

Wall Street Journal article comparing mask effectiveness. Turns out cloth masks offer very little protection
https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-masks-will-protect-you-better-than-others-11606081251

Marine study that shows recruits who passed initial temperature screening still passed COVID to other recruits despite an initial 2 week quarantine. This study appeared on CBS news, NYT, as well as other places.
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...read-among-marine-recruits-despite-quarantine

Back in March, at the start of all of this I posted that there were no "experts". This is a brand new virus. All the advice we got was based on known viruses. As we learn more the advice given will change. What was recommended yesterday can change tomorrow.
They make it up as they go and see how long playing “follow the leader” will work out... taking ventriloquist classes must be a requirement to be in their roles... gotta know how to make the puppets walk and talk...

It could change tomorrow however I highly doubt the mask mandate will change. It spreads on droplets from mouth and nose. I had a provider that had full leather hood mask and I rather enjoyed the experience.

How many have had rapid vs PCR ? with different results ? Positive for rapid and negative for PCR.
The problem isn't getting a false positive from the rapid test — the real problem is getting a false negative.

If you get a positive from the rapid test what you do is get a PCR test (the gold standard) and isolate yourself for the time it takes to get the results back from the PCR . Yeah, a pain but that's the current state-of-the-art.

The real problem is getting a false negative from the rapid test. You go fat and happy on your way but you are contagious to others. That's why you should still be careful and take precautions even though you get a false neg from the fast test.

IMHO, this is probably what happened when Trump got infected even though everyone around him was test daily and presumably tested negative.

According to study in the medical journal Annals of Internal Medicine:
The false negative on 1 day after a person is infected is 100% — they are all wrong!

On the day people started showing symptoms, the average false-negative rate had dropped to 38%, according to the study.

Three days after symptoms started, the false-negative rate dropped to 20%.

These are not sterling results but they are the best we have.

I don't know about you, but if I was skydiving I would not have a warm and fuzzy feeling is the statistics of the test on my parachute not opening had 20% false rate of saying "Don't worry - it will open."

The only way out of this mess is if enough people get vaccinated and if those who don't, enough of them get infected, both contributing to herd immunity.

As for me I will be 1st in line when my category of vaccine candidates comes up.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I came very close to closing this thread today.
Maybe go back and read the first post and think about what you're about post.

If its one thing COVID has taught me, is that the GOV't and all their different (overpaid) agencies and titles don't know WTF they're doing.
Its shown me that I CANT rely on ANYONE but me to survive in times of peril.

We live in an ever increasing selfish and snobbish society as it is, if I think my local GOV't gives a shit about me I am drinking the "Kool Aid".

So I approach and battle COVID my own way, my own ideas, and I don't shit on anyone with a differing opinion. BC if the "So Called" experts don't know, who am I to bemoan anyone's personal opinion.

Vax, Don't VAX, Monger, Don't Monger, does anyone really know at this point? Fauci has changed his mind 5 times since this all began about masks, congregating, treatment, distancing, when it all might end.....

Believe in yourselves and not what the media/social media/gov't tells you is facts.

@ Mods - If this is too political I apologize in advance. I read Bill's first post, didn't think what I wrote was too slanted one way of the other or broke his rule about the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.