Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

Although I am still practicing social distancing and taking reasonable precautions, I find myself letting my guard down a bit when venturing out...There seems to be more going on outdoors and people trying to resume somewhat of a normal life... Done with the news and rhetoric... Fed up with the hippocracy.
Curious to know how many feel the same...
So i read an interesting article yesterday. It examined all the previous pandemics and plagues. Turns out that the "end" of the pandemic did not occur because of a vaccine or cure, or people hiding out until the virus retreated due to social distancing. The "end" came when people got tired of being shut in. People were still getting infected in large numbers, but the population no longer paid attention to it. It became an accepted part of life. I am sure we will see another surge in infections. But don't be surprised if we don't react to it the way we did to the first wave.

C
So i read an interesting article yesterday. It examined all the previous pandemics and plagues. Turns out that the "end" of the pandemic did not occur because of a vaccine or cure, or people hiding out until the virus retreated due to social distancing. The "end" came when people got tired of being shut in. People were still getting infected in large numbers, but the population no longer paid attention to it. It became an accepted part of life. I am sure we will see another surge in infections. But don't be surprised if we don't react to it the way we did to the first wave.
Care to share your source? It seems a very peculiar reading of history.

Although I am still practicing social distancing and taking reasonable precautions, I find myself letting my guard down a bit when venturing out...There seems to be more going on outdoors and people trying to resume somewhat of a normal life... Done with the news and rhetoric... Fed up with the hippocracy.
Curious to know how many feel the same...
You made it this far. Don’t let up it’s coming back

Now this is big. CDC changing guidelines and taking back what it said in March.

For me now it’s look like the only way this can spread is having sex, or kissing or other form of intimate action. This is all going on HIV route.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-now-says-coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-via-contaminated-surfaces
That's not what the article says!

The main means of transmission is via virus in droplets in the air from an infected person's breath. If you want to visualize the droplets think about what you see on a very cold day (or if you go into a walk-in freezer) when you exhale.

Just because you don't see the droplets (as condensate) when it's not cold out doesn't mean they aren't there. The droplets are propelled further if you talk, cough or sneeze but they are still there during just normal breathing.

BTW, the surgical or cloth masks you see people wearing are not to prevent them from inhaling the virus or keeping the virus out of their eyes, but have the function of reducing the distance of projection of the droplets for the person wearing it when they talk, cough or sneeze. Unless you are using a N95 mask and protection for your eyes (even medical people wearing such sometimes still get infected) you wearing a cloth or surgical mask doesn't do jack to protect you.

So I went for an antibody test, my company brought in a doctor and nurses, nurse assistant. First finger prick, then draw blood if the finger prick is positive for antibodies. The finger prick results take 15 minutes. Drawn blood takes 5 days. So the doc calls me in after 15 minutes to read my finger prick. "Doctor" is reading it off a slide no magnification. He proceeds to tell me it looks like I'm positive,,,,,, for covid-19. I ask, I thought this was an antibody test. He doesn't answer and tells me not to be concerned I'm probably asymptomatic. I then find out he is a plastic surgeon and is most likely doing this cause he can't do tits and asses right now. So I go get 3 nasal swab tests at three different locations. All come back negative. Moral to the story.. that doctor was garbage apparently hasn't done any general practitioner work in a long time and has his head up his ass

I had no symptoms at anytime.

So I went for an antibody test, my company brought in a doctor and nurses, nurse assistant. First finger prick, then draw blood if the finger prick is positive for antibodies. The finger prick results take 15 minutes. Drawn blood takes 5 days. So the doc calls me in after 15 minutes to read my finger prick. "Doctor" is reading it off a slide no magnification. He proceeds to tell me it looks like I'm positive,,,,,, for covid-19. I ask, I thought this was an antibody test. He doesn't answer and tells me not to be concerned I'm probably asymptomatic. I then find out he is a plastic surgeon and is most likely doing this cause he can't do tits and asses right now. So I go get 3 nasal swab tests at three different locations. All come back negative. Moral to the story.. that doctor was garbage apparently hasn't done any general practitioner work in a long time and has his head up his ass

I had no symptoms at anytime.
From what I have read I would only believe the blood test that takes 5 days. The nasal swab test is very unreliable. If the tech doing the test does not go far up enough into the nasal cavity it will be a false negative. The 15 minute finger test has been known to give false positives. I think ll these different tests just adds confusion. Especially if they do not agree.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/how-pandemics-end/ar-BB13RsBN

Very interesting read. While I agree that medical tech has changed which means a vaccine will come quicker, people have not changed much. People back then got tired of being shut in and after some time emerged from isolation and took their chances. It appears as if that is happening now as well.
Definately a very interesting read. I will try to read it again, but I did not come to the same conclusions. They specifically mention about the medieval black plague that killed half the population of Asia and at least a third of Europe that "It is not clear what made the bubonic plague die down."... "Perhaps it was a change in the rats."... "the bacterium evolved to be less deadly. Or maybe actions by humans, such as the burning of villages, helped quell the epidemic."
Also mention the end of the smallpox pandemic being the vaccine.
I get a very different vibe. What do you think?

From what I have read I would only believe the blood test that takes 5 days. The nasal swab test is very unreliable. If the tech doing the test does not go far up enough into the nasal cavity it will be a false negative. The 15 minute finger test has been known to give false positives. I think ll these different tests just adds confusion. Especially if they do not agree.
They went plenty far back. I've seen the incorrect swabbing techniques. When they just do a ring around just the nostril is when you get incorrect results.

They went plenty far back. I've seen the incorrect swabbing techniques. When they just do a ring around just the nostril is when you get incorrect results.
Blood work is getting processed quickly nowadays. First week in July, I got my bloodwork drawn at 330 on Monday and had the results from Sunrise Labs Wed. morning. Btw both Covid tests were negative.

I'm surprised this thread has kind of faded away. I have been very cautious since the beginning of Covid but I am starting to lose it. I have been obsessed with one of the providers reviewed here and really want to go for it. Has anyone here heard of anyone getting covid from a provider? Obviously it is risky but just wondering what people were thinking. I would normally go to my regular AMP in chinatown rub and tug but I think that is more risky than an independent provider.

I'm surprised this thread has kind of faded away. I have been very cautious since the beginning of Covid but I am starting to lose it. I have been obsessed with one of the providers reviewed here and really want to go for it. Has anyone here heard of anyone getting covid from a provider? Obviously it is risky but just wondering what people were thinking. I would normally go to my regular AMP in chinatown rub and tug but I think that is more risky than an independent provider.
After a 4 month break, I returned to mongering at the end of June. Since then I have had 35 visits with 5 different providers. In the beginning both myself and the provider were masked up. But now there is no mask, and things have returned to our pre-covid routine. But these are providers I have known for a while. I have not started with anyone new.

In this hobby providers come and go. There may come a time when I will have to find a new one. It will be interesting to see how that goes.