Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

I'm surprised this thread has kind of faded away. I have been very cautious since the beginning of Covid but I am starting to lose it. I have been obsessed with one of the providers reviewed here and really want to go for it. Has anyone here heard of anyone getting covid from a provider? Obviously it is risky but just wondering what people were thinking. I would normally go to my regular AMP in chinatown rub and tug but I think that is more risky than an independent provider.
The rate of infection in Ny is extremely low. Go now.

I visited an AMP yesterday. After my visit I phoned in a dinner order at nearby place. In the span of the 10 minutes it took me to review the menu and phone in the order, I saw 3 mongers enter the AMP.

It got me wondering about the "end" of COVID 19. I say "end" not because the virus will go away, but more like a personal end. At my office some people have returned to work. Others are still working from home. I know a couple of companies are back to having all employees in the office. I also know a few companies that are still making all employees work from home.

I returned to mongering at the end of June. Some mongers never stopped and others are still waiting to return.

I realized that there will be no "end" flag raised. We had a start date, but no one in authority is going to go on the TV and announce the "end". Everyday the trend lines are going down. I visit the CDC website every few days and chart in exel the progress of the virus. The 7 day average of both infections and deaths continue to decline. Is there a magic number people are waiting for? It can't be zero. It will never be zero.

Maybe the "end" is a slow return. A slow trickle of people returning. But that brings me back to my earlier thought. The "end" is a personal end. When you as an individual feel better about returning. For me the "end" came with my return to mongering at the end of June. Shortly after that I returned to the office full time. My choice.

When all is said and done, it may be the mongers and providers who provide the path forward. LOL

I visited an AMP yesterday. After my visit I phoned in a dinner order at nearby place. In the span of the 10 minutes it took me to review the menu and phone in the order, I saw 3 mongers enter the AMP.

It got me wondering about the "end" of COVID 19. I say "end" not because the virus will go away, but more like a personal end. At my office some people have returned to work. Others are still working from home. I know a couple of companies are back to having all employees in the office. I also know a few companies that are still making all employees work from home.

I returned to mongering at the end of June. Some mongers never stopped and others are still waiting to return.

I realized that there will be no "end" flag raised. We had a start date, but no one in authority is going to go on the TV and announce the "end". Everyday the trend lines are going down. I visit the CDC website every few days and chart in exel the progress of the virus. The 7 day average of both infections and deaths continue to decline. Is there a magic number people are waiting for? It can't be zero. It will never be zero.

Maybe the "end" is a slow return. A slow trickle of people returning. But that brings me back to my earlier thought. The "end" is a personal end. When you as an individual feel better about returning. For me the "end" came with my return to mongering at the end of June. Shortly after that I returned to the office full time. My choice.

When all is said and done, it may be the mongers and providers who provide the path forward. LOL
In my mind "the end" is when there is an effective vaccine. But I do think there is a bit of a window right now when there are few cases in NYC. The high traffic lower cost AMP's seem a bit riskier as they tend to cut costs and may not be as clean. I actually miss the woman I would see at least once a month for the last couple of years in c town, and feel a little guilty for not going in.

In reality, ALL mongers active between October 2019 and March 2020 already had and got over...or died from coronavirus. Thinking it was a bad cold or bronchitis of some type. These parlors are a petri dish of DNA putting your immune system through a Navy seal training camp workout. I remember getting pink eye from one of the cushy half round pillows you lay your head in covering the hole in the table. Two different girls I used to fuck raw and cum in. I can picture the next guy saying “You’re pussy is really wet!” While he’s eating her. These women F and S for a living...and they do get close to some of their regulars. I really didn’t believe the “Only you like this”. Yes, I got the Covid in January. The sickest I’ve ever been. And the girls there were coughing as well. Life went on. I work in human services and nothing changed no masks no social distancing. It was like living in that twilight zone episode you never saw where the world shut down and the parlors closed but I still had to go to work. If you don’t feel “comfortable” or “safe” or “are alarmed”... these spas are not the place for you (in general not personally)

In reality, ALL mongers active between October 2019 and March 2020 already had and got over...or died from coronavirus. Thinking it was a bad cold or bronchitis of some type. These parlors are a petri dish of DNA putting your immune system through a Navy seal training camp workout. I remember getting pink eye from one of the cushy half round pillows you lay your head in covering the hole in the table. Two different girls I used to fuck raw and cum in. I can picture the next guy saying “You’re pussy is really wet!” While he’s eating her. These women F and S for a living...and they do get close to some of their regulars. I really didn’t believe the “Only you like this”. Yes, I got the Covid in January. The sickest I’ve ever been. And the girls there were coughing as well. Life went on. I work in human services and nothing changed no masks no social distancing. It was like living in that twilight zone episode you never saw where the world shut down and the parlors closed but I still had to go to work. If you don’t feel “comfortable” or “safe” or “are alarmed”... these spas are not the place for you (in general not personally)
October 2019? Those dates are odd to me. I think the first case on record in China was in November? I was definitely at some AMPS up until January and was tested negative for antibodies. Either way they're obviously different levels of risk. Where you go, what you do, your age, and health etc... So right now I am less "comfortable", but I've been going to these places on and off for about 16+ years. Your statement sort of makes the point. Those who weighed the risk and stayed away for the last 8 months weren't exposed through this behavior. Now that the risk level seems far lower some are weighing their options.

Really? And may I ask what evidence do you have that supports such a statement.
Good question. Hard evidence? None. A close friend in the medical profession told me when he went to Italy in October they knew about the coronavirus then- in Italy But did not want to put a financial halt to tourism. Remember when the virus broke out how high the death toll was in Italy?As soon as he returned from Europe he got deathly ill, the worst he’s ever been. Similar to the symptoms I had in January, bodyaches, chills, Severe congestion, loss of taste. Just another bad autumn cold, I think not. A good portion of our Asian women, who we patronize, frequently were traveling to and from their Native countries to see their families... Where the virus was already circulating. As essential workers many of us saw the spread of this virus through different eyes. There was no test back in October, November December or January and detectable antibodies don’t necessarily last detectable for more than 3 months.

Good question. Hard evidence? None. A close friend in the medical profession told me when he went to Italy in October they knew about the coronavirus then- in Italy But did not want to put a financial halt to tourism. Remember when the virus broke out how high the death toll was in Italy?As soon as he returned from Europe he got deathly ill, the worst he’s ever been. Similar to the symptoms I had in January, bodyaches, chills, Severe congestion, loss of taste. Just another bad autumn cold, I think not. A good portion of our Asian women, who we patronize, frequently were traveling to and from their Native countries to see their families... Where the virus was already circulating. As essential workers many of us saw the spread of this virus through different eyes. There was no test back in October, November December or January and detectable antibodies don’t necessarily last detectable for more than 3 months.
I've mongered through the pandemic, 2 negative corona tests and negative for antibodies.

When my regular place reopened in June, the protocol for the first few visits was that my provider would wear a mask except for BJ's. DFK was always a big part of our visits, so we'd play around with kissing through the masks. Then toward the end, her mask would come down and her tongue would come snaking into my mouth. It was incredibly hot after the deprivation. Soon enough though, it was masks on only in the common areas and off when alone. I've seen two new providers at the same place. One kept it on throughout; the other asked if it was ok to take it off. A fourth one whom I used to see semi-regularly didn't bother with the mask - that was just last week. The general level of anxiety is diminishing at the same time that competition for customers is increasing. I'm not proud of myself but contradictory emotions go with this hobby.

I kept in touch with my regulars during the lockdown and they were all on-message about safety and not working. I made a point of echoing the message. I've been trying to figure out how this could not lead to getting sick. If a girl sees multiple clients, obviously the risk is elevated. But if the clients are uniformly scrupulous about wearing masks in the rest of their lives, their likelihood of infecting her is diminished. Ironically, it's the monger's version of "only you baby". And we know what that's worth.

Indeed, we are the few and the proud.

I feel like I’ve caught the occasional cold from DFK or whatever when mongering in the past. I’m still pretty fearful of mongering even at this point of the pandemic. I have ventured out a bit but I’ve kept my mask on the entire session including through a few BBBJ’s. It takes away from the experience for sure but I just don’t have the balls to take the mask off during the session. Definitely don’t have the balls to DFK yet and I miss it!
I miss the strip clubs alot too. Sometimes I just wanna kill some time with a few beers and fondling some hot ladies.
Sorry, Feeling a little down and no place else to vent these particular grievances.

I feel like I’ve caught the occasional cold from DFK or whatever when mongering in the past. I’m still pretty fearful of mongering even at this point of the pandemic. I have ventured out a bit but I’ve kept my mask on the entire session including through a few BBBJ’s. It takes away from the experience for sure but I just don’t have the balls to take the mask off during the session. Definitely don’t have the balls to DFK yet and I miss it!
I miss the strip clubs alot too. Sometimes I just wanna kill some time with a few beers and fondling some hot ladies.
Sorry, Feeling a little down and no place else to vent these particular grievances.
I feel your pain. I do believe though that this is a little window before things get really bad again though still risky. I am hopefully seeing someone I've been wanting to see for quite some time this weekend or next week.
I don't want to be a downer but depending on the mask you're wearing you are still at risk while seeing someone.
I think I feel safer seeing a more selective provider than I would getting on the subway but who knows, it's all a gamble.

I have always been amazed how two true statements that agree with each other can be used to create two different reactions.

Using rough numbers the survival rate for COVID19 is 99.3%. If this number were talked about I would feel pretty good about throwing caution to the wind and even go mask-less everywhere.

The survival rate for the flu is about 99.8%. While the numbers look similar it means that COVID19 is more than 3x as deadly. So when people talk about COVID19 being 3x (or higher) more deadly than the flu, it makes me feel like I need to hide in my house under the covers until passes. After all I have had the flu before and I can not imagine something that is X times more deadly.

Both statements are true and there is no conflict, yet the feeling it creates are polar opposites.

I returned to mongering at the end of June and am hobbying in the fashion I did before COVID. It was a personal decision and I don't judge people who make a different decision. Each of us needs to look at the available information, our own personal health status and make the choice that is correct for us.

I have always been amazed how two true statements that agree with each other can be used to create two different reactions.

Using rough numbers the survival rate for COVID19 is 99.3%. If this number were talked about I would feel pretty good about throwing caution to the wind and even go mask-less everywhere.

The survival rate for the flu is about 99.8%. While the numbers look similar it means that COVID19 is more than 3x as deadly. So when people talk about COVID19 being 3x (or higher) more deadly than the flu, it makes me feel like I need to hide in my house under the covers until passes. After all I have had the flu before and I can not imagine something that is X times more deadly.

Both statements are true and there is no conflict, yet the feeling it creates are polar opposites.

I returned to mongering at the end of June and am hobbying in the fashion I did before COVID. It was a personal decision and I don't judge people who make a different decision. Each of us needs to look at the available information, our own personal health status and make the choice that is correct for us.
Please explain how you have concluded COVID is 3x more deadlier then the Flu using 99.8 vs. 99.3%.....

I'm no mathematician but those numbers are the survival rate and not the death rate. If you take the death rate it is covid .7% to the flu's .2% which is a little over 3x higher.
Yup.
However the numbers also are misleading as the survival rates given are for the general population and mortality is age specific.

For example from CDC data given the mortality rate for those 18-29 years as a comparison group:
those aged 5-17 have a 16X lower death rate
those aged 65-74 (my age bracket) have a 90X higher death rate.
those aged 85+ have a 630X higher death rate.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...s-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html