Bullying in the NFL

Damn, where do get off with biggest pussy in the world and a soldier comparison. Have you been in an NFL locker room or battle? Check yourself, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's see how you react to a year and a half of abuse while you're in the first year of your job right out of college. This was more than one guy getting on him.

You're a pretty tough guy behind your computer. Martin handled this wrong but he is far from the biggest pussy. Just a guy with the talent but not the attitude for his line of work

"Tough guy behind your computer", I suppose you are the actual tough guy behind the computer. Spare me the cliches. A nerd has enough sense to know the difference between what a war torn vet has gone through compared to some feminized football player who's crying PTSD over being called the n word.

A year and a half of abuse inside a NFL locker room and you make it sound like the poor guy was in Abu Ghraib, give me a break.

We don't even know for certain if there was one fucking minute of abuse inside that Dolphin locker room let alone a year and the half. That's why I have issue with Emily and the rest of these sackless wonders who just assume there was based on the vague comments from Martins lawyer... And we all know lawyers with lawsuit papers already drawn up don't fucking lie or exaggerate.

HBO released a statement a few days ago that they had gone thru their hundreds of hours of tape from last years Hard Knocks Miami looking for some bullying of Martin that other rookies didn't endure and they found NOTHING. Other than making the rookies do a talent show in the film room in front of coaches and players was all HBO could find.

I stand corrected. Only someone who has actually been in battle or within 2 blocks of it can suffer any emotional or mental difficulties.

The Dolphins definitely overreacted suspending and possibly releasing a starting lineman who would help them win. Guess we all just jumped the gun her and have to acquiesce to the greater knowledge we are in the presence of.

Ozzy and Exile must be right and the rest of us pussies. Deferring to their utter brilliance I will leave this thread for them to pontificate.

I stand corrected. Only someone who has actually been in battle or within 2 blocks of it can suffer any emotional or mental difficulties.

The Dolphins definitely overreacted suspending and possibly releasing a starting lineman who would help them win. Guess we all just jumped the gun her and have to acquiesce to the greater knowledge we are in the presence of.

Ozzy and Exile must be right and the rest of us pussies. Deferring to their utter brilliance I will leave this thread for them to pontificate.
Ok then, good-bye and good luck. Hopefully you won't develop PTSD from this, as it seems it doesn't take much for this condition to manifest itself.

The Dolphins didn't over react... over reacting would have been to cut him. But they bowed to political correctness as soon as they heard the N word in that VM. That's the most dangerous word on the planet to a public figure or an organization. You obviously don't pay attention and just jump on those PC bandwagons.... The Dolphins were fine with everything that went on in and out of that locker room from the second Martin left on Monday up till that Sunday night they suspended Incognito when they were sent the infamous VM and were told it was going public in the morning.

You have nothing to say about Martins's text mesgs to Incognito about killing HIS whole family that Jay Glazer of Fox Sports read directly from Incognito's phone and obtained transcripts of more than 1,000 other text mesgs between the two since the VM was left in April up till the Friday after Martin left and two days prior to his releasing the VM. Glazer read them all and said the back and forth language was mutual. I guess the defense is that Martin was probably intimidated into speaking like that...huh?

Last edited:
Ok then, good-bye and good luck. Hopefully you won't develop PTSD from this, as it seems it doesn't take much for this condition to manifest itself.
He's an example of political correct pussies run amok. You want to see a succesful health care system... kick every single person claiming they have PTSD and all the other bogus shit tax payers pay lazy people for, right the fuck off a govt check and watch health care costs and your taxes plummet.

How come people from my dad's generation who like him survived the beaches and jungles of Guadalcanal, The Philippines, Saipan, Okinawa and Iwo Jima... never complained of PTSD.

I guess we'll get a definitive answer as to whether the Dolphins over reacted in the coming weeks if not sooner, when the NFL arbitrator hands down a ruling in Incognito's grievance. He can't stay suspended beyond 4 games so it's cut him, trade him or put him back on the field. They're short on linemen as is, just lost Yeatman for the season with an ACL and Pouncey might also get a multi game suspension if he's on the other end of that "Ill fuck your sister" text. They have a pro bowl lineman with Incognito in their pocket if they chose to keep him, but I think that bridge is burnt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...o-grievance-attacks-jonathan-martins-strategy

Richie Incognito filed a grievance against the Miami Dolphins on Thursday, and a read through the four pages --obtained by NFL Media -- shows the suspended guard's legal team taking aim at the strategy employed by the camp of teammate Jonathan Martin.

The grievance says in its introduction, "If any conduct has been detrimental to the team, it is the manner in which Mr. Martin's representatives, including Mr. (David) Cornwell on behalf of his client, have elected to vilify Mr. Incognito and the entire Dolphins organization in the court of public opinion."

Incognito asked the neutral arbitrator, Jonathan Marks, for an expedited hearing. That hearing is tentatively scheduled for Thursday before Marks in South Florida, according to a source apprised of the schedule.

Last edited:
Thanks for the good wishes. PTSD comes from dealing with a traumatic event. Not dealing with a ass.

Ozzy I am sure friends of our Dad's had it. It didn't have a title or publicity back then. Vietnam brought it out to the forefront and since then it is an easy diagnosis to cover anything that upsets you.

Ozzy I am sure friends of our Dad's had it. It didn't have a title or publicity back then. Vietnam brought it out to the forefront and since then it is an easy diagnosis to cover anything that upsets you.

And this is my point!

Jonathon Martin being called a nigger or told his sister was fuckable or being made to sit alone at a lunch table is not a viable reason to diagnose PTSD. It's not anymore valid than someone claiming it here cause I or someone else called them stupid. The doctor who made that diagnosis should be stripped of his medical license. And it wouldn't be the first time a doctor made a medical decision based on greed.

Thanks for the good wishes. PTSD comes from dealing with a traumatic event. Not dealing with a ass.

Not to pile on, but do you seriously think Martin had a traumatic event? If he is that fragile he doesn't belong in football. Imagine what the defensive lineman lining up against him are going to say to him now. It's going to make Incognito look like a choir boy. Remember Carmelo and Boston.
Back to my biggest pussy on earth comment - that was just my reaction to the astonishment that he would claim PTSD it wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Last edited:
I still side with Martin on a personal level I can relate to being in a time sensitive occupation which is stressful enough without adding some borderline personality freak on your back while your just trying to do your job. Threats and harressment especially when your livelihood is at stake can definetely cause PTSD, it doesn't necessarily have to be an assault. I would be livid if I were Martin, you work hard and sacrifice to get to the big leagues only to have to deal with this man child moron on a daily basis. There is always one douchebag that gets off ruining someone else's life but in this case it involved millions of dollars and that's why it was in the news. I think believing Martin is in the wrong game is unacceptable, he earned his place and shouldn't have to prove he can deal with a mentally unstable person to ensure his position, that's should not be part of his job requirement. None of the great players resorted to pranks and harressment, they are the ones who get well psyd product endorsements contracts and commentator positions, it's called being professional and classy.

Emily... In case you missed it the evidence is in.. Martin lied! Martin spoke to Incognito just as bad, threatened his entire family and there's more than 1100 texts obtained thru Incognito's phone service that prove it. There's the dinners at Incognito's home that his wife cooked for Martin a couple nights a week cause he was a young guy on his own and they felt sorry for him. There's all the players and coaches statements which unanimously support Incognito. The tide has turned and the truth started coming out.

Meantime Incognito might be back in a Dolphin uniform as early as next week while Martin will be released... and no one will touch him. Seems the investigation didn't go well for Martin... proved he was a fucking liar and his mother who btw works for a slip and fall law firm in Ca has already drawn up papers for a massive lawsuit against the Dolphins, the NFL, the NFLPA and numerous players. Turns out his physical assault in the locker room was a fucking chest bump from another team mate celebrating a big win. Experts are saying if/when the NFL investigator makes his decision (which looks like will not be favorable for Martin).... the lawsuit will be tossed. Turns out it was all about money and Martins mom who released all the VM's and made up stories.

Incognito and the Dolphins postponed their grievance hearing the same day Incognito met with investigators (a sign) which would have gone in Incognito's favor since many have done far worse and been punished far less. There's players who sat in a jail cell and didn't get a 4 game suspension. It's a sign the Dolphs and Richie will kiss and make up and Incognito has already released a statement thru the NFLPA that he plans being back with the dolphins when this is over.

Em... the entire media that killed Incognito for two weeks when there were no facts out and just Martin's lawyers leaking shit..... have suddenly gone silent now that the investigator has spoken to all the key players and things said in those meetings have leaked out. Take a hint...

Last edited:
Some women have no idea how men act in a group especially when competing against other men. They seem to equate a football locker room with a lounge inside the Union Club. Emily Post would never write about etiquette inside a locker room, other Emily's shouldn't either.

I know when you genetically lucky enough to earn a coverted position many only can dream of having that allows you to earn a large sum of money in a short period if time you act like a fucking professional not some childish imbecile like Incongito. I don't need to be part of any "boy's club" to understand the basics of acting like a grown up and expressing humility for a rare opportunity. I don't expect idiots to grasp this very simple concept of showing gratitude of good fortune and leaving immature impulses in the past. Getting along with people is something we learn in grade school, it is the foundation of how we thrive in life, anyone who isn't emotionally and mentally stunted can understand this important social skill.

Martin isn't known to be the dirtiest player in the NFL with a pending lawsuit for harressment and assault. I still take Martin's side. There are plenty of players who don't act like Incognito who excel and get major product endorsements because they are professionals and act accordingly. It's called professional sports for a reason, I can't understand anyone who would justify bad behavior especially since they are also role models to young people.

You treat Incognito the same as you do republicans. You judge without knowing the facts and you stick to it no matter how much the facts eventually dispute your judgement.

Your fuck the facts, I know what I know attitude is exactly why Duckman has had it with you in the P&R forum.

There are plenty of players who don't act like Incognito who excel and get major product endorsements because they are professionals and act accordingly. It's called professional sports for a reason, I can't understand anyone who would justify bad behavior especially since they are also role models to young people.

So O,J who killed two people had more endorsements than any athlete in his era was more upstanding than Incognito cause he has none?

Aaron Hernandez who killed one and maybe two more had better character than Incognito cause he had sneaker and clothing endorsements?

This is why you know NOTHING about this subject.... There isn't a single offensive lineman with endorsements because they're not skilled position players who get their names mentioned every other play. Anthony Munoz, Randall McDaniel, Dwight Stephenson, Bruce Matthews, Mike Webster, Will Shields... ever hear of any of them? I bet not. They just happen to be arguably the best O-linemen ever to play in the NFL and not a single endorsement between them. Richie Incognito is a pro bowl lineman, Jonathon Martin allowed 11 sacks in 5 games this year... that's the kind of performance that gets you released (without pay) in mid season. He saw the writing on the wall and he and his mommy saw a way to not only get paid but maybe make a killing suing the league. This is the character you choose to support because of fucking utter nonsense like endorsement deals and what a crooked slip and fall lawyer says.

I was waiting for someone to bring up OJ. As you know Ozzy the murders happened well after he retired. In fact he was so well liked that he had a modest film career after he retired from professional football and if it wasn't for the murders he would probably still be considered a national treasure.

I also didn't realize we are discussing off of the field crimes. I thought this is about the way the players behavior when they are on the clock collecting their big pay checks. When they act like a complete tool in the sport their aggressive activities outside should then be looked at like Incognito. You keep saying I know nothing about American Football but it's not true, I've been forced fed the sport as long as I had a memory. I don't have to know every single player to understand good behavior and image is rewarded with endorsements and possibly a lucrative second career. If American Football is so gritty and lawless as you claim then why is it used as the backdrop for so many inspiration family films and endorsements for wholesome products like Cambells Soup. It's not a matter of supporting either side, I have dealt with troublemakers in jobs before and know the destruction they can cause when you are just trying to do your work. I can't stand when some asshole interfers with a person's ability to make a living, I can't think of anything more loathsome. This wasn't a hobby, this was a man's livihood Incognito was fucking with, what is so difficult about that for anyone to understand, you don't mess with how a person makes a living. Do you think Martin trained and sacrificed to get to the NFL as a ploy to sue? He just wanted to play the game without some douche making his life miserable. Incognito doesn't respect the game or the valuable oppurtunity he was given, that's the way I see it. If Martin didn't have to deal with Incognito he would just be another professional player minding his buisness, he's not the one with a history of violence.