Bullying in the NFL

Am I the only one on this planet who thinks Miami O-lineman Jonathon Martin is the one who should be suspended for going AWOL over a locker room prank. He did the same to other team mates but when it's done to him he storms off crying and claims bullying. Now the fish have suspended their only decent lineman (Incognito- a pro bowler) while their franchise QB gets beat to shit and will probably set an NFL record for sacks.

I can appreciate your anger, but I think there is more to the story than has been initially reported. I read a tidbit this morning that there's evidence (voicemail/email/text) of extended bullying beyond and before the cafeteria incident. And supposedly Incognito was "bullying" him for $15,000 he apparently owed for a Las Vegas trip that he didn't go on (or something to that effect) - it's still pretty silly, but I'll admit I'm curious now to see what comes of this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276100/article/richie-incognito-suspended-by-miami-dolphins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-talked-to-joe-philbin-about-issues-in-spring

It's still ridiculous what's going on here. A few months ago Riley Cooper didn't get near this shit for throwing the N word around. Incognito made this call back in April and left a message that if played for management would have gotten him canned before training camp. And then nothing since then???? I think it was meant in jest and Martin took it that way until he decided to throw Incognito under the bus to get the heat of his ass now. Martin walked out on a lunch room prank that he's been a part of against other team mates which is when the last guy sits down at a table the rest get up. That's why he walked out not because of Incognito. This all smells like a fucking railroading similar to what Johnny Cochran did to Mark Fuhrman. And the press including ex GM's and coaches slamming the Dolphins for signing Incognito in the first place. One of which is Scott Pioli the VP of the Patriots who said his people had Incognito rated as DNDC (do not draft because of conduct)... meantime this piece of shit Pioli and that diety named Belichek drafted Aaron Hernandez when the entire league passed on him when he should have been a 1st round pick. And Philbin who traded all world WR Brandon Marshall because of his attitude and you think he wouldn't cut an avg O lineman for a lot worse. I think the entire Dolphins organization is being railroaded by a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Last edited:
These are well paid professionals althletes who earned their occupation through years of hard work, sacrifice and skill and deserve a professional work environment. In all work places where big money is involved disruptive people no matter how talented are eventually dismissed, the chaos and negative energy they bring to the team is not worth the talent. If you are one of the few lucky enough to be skilled in a sport where you can make millions how can you be so foolish to screw it up by playing high school pranks? It's the big leagues and there should be no tolerance for unprofessionalism, Incongnito is an ungrateful jerk and deserves to everything bad coming his way. There are hundreds of men who would love the chance to take his place and would respect their teammates and appreciate the opportunity.

It figures... You don't have a clue.

The NFL is a sport based on power and intimidation... call it bullying if you want but you're supposed to bully the guy across the line from you, to dominate him and beat him into submission. There's a reason these pranks take place in football locker rooms and there's a bigger reason coaches let them happen. It conditions player to go out there and not take shit from a guy in a different uniform.

As for Incognito.... he's being railraoded plain and simple. In the original transcripts that appeared on NFL.com there's was {laughter} quotes in that have since been removed from every media outlet I've seen them in... which means the NFL removed them (as well as changing it on their site) before passing it around to the media. And why would they take something they usually handle in house and feed it to the media... perhaps because the N word was mentioned? Incognito is no angel, he was voted nastiest player in the sport in 2009 (by amount of NFL fines and penalties) although he hasn't been fined in 2 or 3 years, but this is a clean cut railroading and it will come out when he fights back.

As for the supposed victim... Jonathon Martin, he's full of shit. He has no business playing the toughest position in all sports (O-lineman) when he can't even take a 5th grade prank. He walked off the team because of a lunchroom prank that he himself participated in. Incognito had nothing to do with what happened in the lunch room. Martin said nothing of Incognito for a week after daily meetings with the GM and head coach... not until he caught shit for acting like a baby over the weekend did he throw Incognito under the bus by releasing 6 month old text and voice messages with the N word. Incognito will fight back and he will win... he'll get paid every dime he;s owed and he'll sue the NFL for banning or blackballing him if it happens... which I don't think will if/when the NFL gets to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
Ozzy, you are right I don't have a clue about American Football except for the fact it was in the TV set my entire childhood. My father is a fan and it was on often and you know what besides the basics I still don't understand it.

This is what I know about big money buisness from my vast conversations with men on the corporate world, the people with social problems who disrupt the order of things and act unprofessionally no matter how talented are eventually booted out because they cause the loss of revenue and breed a negative work environment. They are almost never worth the money they bring in and removing their target usually just opens the line for another. Blaming the target doesn't solve the problem.

They are handsomely paid to do a few things, play as a team, support the team, win games as a team. They are not there to prank, threat, intimidate, disrupt or act like a lunatic to other teammates. You might not think I have a clue but I know this much, you don't get paid millions just to be a tough guy, you get paid millions for professionalism, playing well and winning. Being tough is tested by playing while you have the flu or have an injury or going through personal emotional ordeal like a death in the family, being tough is not tested by tolerating some immature asshole with an anti social personality. This is not ragtag operation, it's a muti billion dollar institution and it's a union, what Incognito did was termination worthy.

Last edited:
I addressed Martin as the target, he is not a victim. They are equal size and it's not a schoolyard brawl, one joker decided to give a teammate a hard time and instead of ruining his dream because of some jerk he rose above and did the professional thing. He is no victim, just a man who made his dream come true and was not going to let some asshole ruin it. I applaud Martin for not stooping to Incognito's level, there is enough stress worrying about injuries and winning, why let sine douche add to the plate because he has emotional issues?

This would not be tolerated in real Football, the UK premier league would never allow a player to act so appallingly with severe backlash and that's a tough sport, they play in hard weather without all the gear and they get paid more then American footballers.

Not only is it tolerated... but if you read todays paper (NY Post) Incognito was ordered by the coaching staff to toughen Martin up. And speaking of Real football... you know nothing cause they beat the refs over there as well as the players. And the fans do worse to each other in the stands... or do I need to list some of the riots and on field events over the last 20 years. And in Brazil they literally decapitate the refs during so-called "real football" games. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Angry-fans-head-stake-stabbing-player.html

Here's a snippet, you can read the rest on the post website below.

The Richie Incognito hazing controversy took a dramatic twist Tuesday night when a Fort Lauderdale, Fla., newspaper reported Dolphins coaches had ordered the offensive lineman to “toughen up” teammate Jonathan Martin.

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, sources said Incognito was acting at the direction of unspecified members of the coaching staff when he left the now-infamous voice mail last April containing a racial epithet and vulgar threats.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/05/under-fire-incognito-gets-players-support/

Last edited:
I think having a 350 lbs man be scared of another 300 lbs man is hilarious. Buuuuuutttt....have you seen the TMZ video of this Incognito dude going crazy? He's obviously on steroids or something. This guy is fucking insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW9C4qi5Y80

I can't make out what he's saying, but after seeing this, I don't think punching him in the mouth would do it. He's clearly a raging mental patient. If he was sending texts saying he was going to kill you and your family, I'd fear for my life too. lol

I think having a 350 lbs man be scared of another 300 lbs man is hilarious. Buuuuuutttt....have you seen the TMZ video of this Incognito dude going crazy? He's obviously on steroids or something. This guy is fucking insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW9C4qi5Y80

I can't make out what he's saying, but after seeing this, I don't think punching him in the mouth would do it. He's clearly a raging mental patient. If he was sending texts saying he was going to kill you and your family, I'd fear for my life too. lol
That was nothing and pretty much an act, I've seen a lot worse by far in college bars. And go into the locker room of the losing team at any level of football at halftime and that's what you will most likely see. Steroids I don't know, he seems to have to much body fat for that. As for Martin he looks like he could be half a finocch.

Exiled... you hit it on the head.

Today the tide seems to be turning from feasting on all the Dolphins to realizing that Martin lied about speaking to his coach months ago and then overreacted and took an issue to the media when he should have first handled it in house. The fact most of the team supports Incognito and so far no one on the team has voiced support for Martin... is very telling.

Last edited:
Not only is it tolerated... but if you read todays paper (NY Post) Incognito was ordered by the coaching staff to toughen Martin up. And speaking of Real football... you know nothing cause they beat the refs over there as well as the players. And the fans do worse to each other in the stands... or do I need to list some of the riots and on field events over the last 20 years. And in Brazil they literally decapitate the refs during so-called "real football" games. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Angry-fans-head-stake-stabbing-player.html

Here's a snippet, you can read the rest on the post website below.

The Richie Incognito hazing controversy took a dramatic twist Tuesday night when a Fort Lauderdale, Fla., newspaper reported Dolphins coaches had ordered the offensive lineman to “toughen up” teammate Jonathan Martin.

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, sources said Incognito was acting at the direction of unspecified members of the coaching staff when he left the now-infamous voice mail last April containing a racial epithet and vulgar threats.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/05/under-fire-incognito-gets-players-support/
I take The Post and Mail with a grain of salt. Incognito is a douche and if he is allegedly supported by the other teammates it's probably because they don't want to be his next target. There have been many great players in American Football Montana, Namath, Unitus who conducted themselves with professional and teamwork. I don't believe rewarding bad behavior even in a tough sport. I asked my friend last night who is an expert on Premiership Football and he said Incongnito's behavior would never be tolerated in any club, only the fans get to act like lunatics aka football hooligans.

If you made it to the NFL you don't need to be toughened up, I don't believe the story they ask the token maniac to taunt him to make him tough, too much money is at stake including lawsuits it it's true. It's the coaches job to work on individual players, not their peers.

They might bd equal size but one obviously has no boundaries or sanity. I would fear for my life if I were Martin, Incognito seems capable of murder grok the messages I heard. Not too long ago another unhinged NFL murdered someone, it's not an far fetched scenario.

Steroids make you realky fat, its the number one side effect, unless you chronically work out to turn the bulk into muscle you blow up. I don't trust the testing of any sports organization anymore after A-Riod. Incognito does display steroid induced irrational rage, it's possible he's using, I think many juice up and it's covered with big bucks.

Who the fuck cares what you take with a grain of salt. This isn't a political point of view. The Post has by far the best sports writers in the country for any daily.

And what did I say about context and "laugh" quotes removed... well here's the story right from a top guy in the Dolphins organization...

A prominent member of the Miami Dolphins front office, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told The Post on Wednesday there are many facts that still must surface before the real story is told on the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin bullying incident.

The source, saying there is a “lack of context and background and a lot of misinformation out there from people with different agendas,’’ urged letting the NFL investigation unfold before drawing too many definitive conclusions.

The source, while not defending Incognito, said “context is very important’’ when it comes to the vile voicemail Incognito allegedly left for Martin in April. Among other insults and threats, Incognito reportedly called Martin a “half n—– piece of s—.”

“This is how some of these guys talk to each other,’’ the source said. “There is a lot of ball-busting in that locker room, a lot of chops getting busted in that offensive line room. They all give it to each other and nobody is exempt from it. Maybe guys took it too far and that’s what caused this problem.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/06/dolphins-exec-incognito-taunts-missing-context/

Last edited:
And btw... Namath was a notorious fucking drunk and he was hung over during his TWO most famous moments... when he sat pool side with a drink in his hand predicting a SB victory and when he stammered and hit on a sideline reporter asking for a kiss live on Monday Night Football.

Every minute that goes by it's coming out that Martin is a troubled guy who went AWOL for the second time this year, that he's full of shit and he threw his team mate under the bus to get out from the shit he was taking for being a quitter. When all is said and done Incognito will play again cause he will be cleared of any harassment and he's the kind of player everyone wants next to him. Many of the Dolphins are supporting him and he will apologize for the N word like Riley Cooper and he will play if not for Miami then someplace else... Martin is viewed as a quitter who walked off his team in the middle of the season, caused all this unnecessary turmoil and probably destroyed his team for the year and beyond and will never be touched by another NFL team.

Emily.... you know absolutely nothing about sports (as evidenced with your steroid comments re: the NFL drug policy vs MLB's) or the brotherhood of a locker room... stick to the political forum.

Last edited:
Btw... it's come out with proof that Martin and Incognito were best buds going out to dinner alone most of the time and as recent as two weeks ago. Hardly sounds like a guy who was tormented for months and he's eating dinner with his tormentor. And if you say he only went to dinner out of fear I will reach threw my screen and bitch slap you.

Ryan Tannehill... the future of the organization. Super clean cut, intelligent, he is to So Florida now what Marino was in the early 80's He and his wife are royalty in that town. He would have the most to lose and the team and city as well if this tarnished his image. You would think he would "no comment" about this and stay away from the controversy. Yet here he is with the teams obvious approval (since they're probably clearing every word with lawyers) defending Incognito about as much as one could. The line of players defending Incognito and claiming he and Martin were best friends includes All Pro's and class guys Cameron Wake and Brian Hartline.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dol...cognito-was-the-best-teammate-I-could-ask-for

This has to speak more than anything we hear from the media know-it-all's in here who know nothing about the locker room in Miami.

Last edited: