Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

How bout Patchogue/Medford area?
The pizza sucks in The pat/med area. Tony's is the popular choice but not very good.
I get mine from Medford pastareia (Its just ok) when I don't want to make the trip to mama Lombardi.
Cafe Gia was good but sucks now.
Center Moriches and East port have Michael Angelos. Two different owners. Both great.

...Every chef and restaurant wants to try and reinvent the wheel and think they are coming up with something earth shattering. Guess what, its all been done before.....
Yup, as is pizza rustic. My grandmother's mother made it for Lent after when she came over from Northern Italy(and immigrated legally thru Ellis Island) just before the turn of the century—that turn of the century being 1900 and not 2000 of course.

I just wanted to know if any of you guys knew of a place that made it properly such that I could get a single slice as I haven't had it in over 20 years and don't want to make it myself and have a whole pie hanging around.

Perhaps its only made seasonally (Lent or Christmas?).

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yup, as is pizza rustic. My grandmother's mother made it for Lent after when she came over from Northern Italy(and immigrated legally thru Ellis Island) just before the turn of the century—that turn of the century being 1900 and not 2000 of course.

I just wanted to know if any of you guys knew of a place that made it properly such that I could get a single slice as I haven't had it in over 20 years and don't want to make it myself and have a whole pie hanging around.

This might or might not help.
Someone at work has brought that in from time to time, but not recently. Not sure if she made it or got it locally. I'll ask for you.

Try 31st 8 ave Pizza Supremo in midtown Manhattan this is my go to spot my choice slices there are the chicken buffalo and the chicken Parmesan slices.plain slices are top notch as well but you will have to spend a few bucks and the have a large selection.

Enjoy

Uncle guisseppe has it in single square portions. It is literally the only place I have seen it. I wasn't a fan. But you might like it. Can't knock it till you try it.

Camant1997

The next time I whine will be my last
In the Bronx by westchester ave and Stratford place called Bronx bombers pizza on burke ave white plains place called the three boys from Italy and one in castle hill ave and Virgil ok called tonys. Those are the best I know in the Bronx
Louie and ernie's and Crosby pizza stop in the bronx is good

Camant1997

The next time I whine will be my last
The pizza sucks in The pat/med area. Tony's is the popular choice but not very good.
I get mine from Medford pastareia (Its just ok) when I don't want to make the trip to mama Lombardi.
Cafe Gia was good but sucks now.
Center Moriches and East port have Michael Angelos. Two different owners. Both great.
Mama Lombardis suck. It use to be good but they got too cocky and it's over rated. I like either Ginos of ronk or Joe's pizza in Holbrook

Best pizza in NY tonight is at my house..I made dough yesterday, 4 hour rise at room temp, then into the fridge... cold ferment for about 20 hours.. divided the dough and let rise again..Will be better tomorrow..

A minute or two at most at around 800F

View attachment 5430
All kidding aside, your pie and knowledge of the art and science of the tradition is worthy of the highest praise. You obviously have spent years as an apprentice, rising to the level of pizza baker in a pizza shop where you learned from a master and now hold the knowledge of the process to be handed down to generations after you to preserve the integrity and prosperity of the craft. Its a beautiful pie. Thank you for sharing.

Another pizza shop that i swear by in Brooklyn by the j train Lorimer Street is called cozzi’s pizza great Chicken Caesar salad and pepperoni bacon slice I make them pretty large to.another one that I enjoy is called evil olive two blocks over They have a New York Giants slice Pizza which is blue cheese with bacon pepperoni and sausage then they have a New York Jets pizza that’s pepperoni salami and I believe it was a green basil sauce both of them taste pretty good they also have a really good garlic slice pizza which I never really find anywhere else but there

Another pizza shop that i swear by in Brooklyn by the j train Lorimer Street is called cozzi’s pizza great Chicken Caesar salad and pepperoni bacon slice I make them pretty large to.another one that I enjoy is called evil olive two blocks over They have a New York Giants slice Pizza which is blue cheese with bacon pepperoni and sausage then they have a New York Jets pizza that’s pepperoni salami and I believe it was a green basil sauce both of them taste pretty good they also have a really good garlic slice pizza which I never really find anywhere else but there
Cozzis is pretty good. They used to have a smaller spot near the projects off of flushing in bed stuy, the closed it after getting robbed a few times.

I heard Little Vincent's in Lake Ronkonkoma is pretty good...never been there though.
People who don't know good pizza are the kinds to say Little Vincent's makes good pizza. The oiliest slices I've ever had.

I don't like to do pizza very late at night anymore, but as mentioned they are open pretty late, so it will do in a pinch I suppose.

While on pizza I know a great pizza shop that’s called Sals pizza,We call it the police pizza because all the police departments eat There the spot makes great Sicilians an awesome chicken marsala slices