Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Folks, I am looking for a great slice of pizza (regular and Sicilian). I will submit a few, but these are not AWESOME...you got to go there places. Just want to get some input.

a ~ Back in the day in Massapequa on LI, there was a place called "Better Pizza" on Hicksville Road located near the OTB (the Taco Bell/Baskin Robbins strip mall). I have never eaten Sicilian like this since.

b ~ Also on LI, in Wantagh on Wantagh Avenue, there is a place called Umberto's. A great slice or regular (would love to order a pie from that joint...pizza tasted better for some reason!). Ownership changed and the slice tastes different.

c ~ Now there is a place near Lehman HS in the Bx where all the teenagers go. The slices are ENORMOUS and taste awesome. Right off Westchester Avenue. Sorry, forgot the name and location.

d ~ Decent pizza at a place called Joe's on Hillside Avenue and 257th Street. Decent, not "you got to go there!"

Definitely interested in reading your reviews. Was going to put this in the "Restaurant" thread, but thought pizzeria's deserve their own place of recognition.

Gavy

Last edited:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Isn't that the original place? The place where pizza was invented? You know, I have never been there, but after all of the recommendations and great info you put out there, I should take you up on the place.

Gavy

gavycrav said:
Isn't that the original place? The place where pizza was invented? You know, I have never been there, but after all of the recommendations and great info you put out there, I should take you up on the place.

Gavy
Best time to go is in the spring summer or fall because you can eat out on their rooftop deck.

Once the new place opens, I most likely will be heading that way for pizza with a hooker or after my BBBJs.

JIMYDR said:
Best time to go is in the spring summer or fall because you can eat out on their rooftop deck.

Once the new place opens, I most likely will be heading that way for pizza with a hooker or after my BBBJs.
Where is the New place opening or did they just renovate the old one.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Clarification!

gavycrav said:
Folks, I am looking for a great slice of pizza (regular and Sicilian). I will submit a few, but these are not AWESOME...you got to go there places. Just want to get some input.

Gavy
That should read "...these are not AWESOME "you got to got there" places. Just above average. I am looking for recommendations like JIMYDR's on Lombardi's. The "swear by it" type place.

Gavy

PS ~ I have put on so much weight over the last six months I should NOT be eating any more pizza!!!

Last edited:
Totonnos in Coney Island the original. Get the white pizza-no sauce extra-great

Patsy Grimaldis under the Brooklyn B***** near the River Cafe-The sausage pizza is awesome.

Lombardis is also excellent.Especially after 188

If you like a lot of cheese-Rays (the real true original) on 6th and 11th street

Traderdave said:
Totonnos in Coney Island the original. Get the white pizza-no sauce extra-great

Patsy Grimaldis under the Brooklyn B***** near the River Cafe-The sausage pizza is awesome.

Lombardis is also excellent.Especially after 188

If you like a lot of cheese-Rays (the real true original) on 6th and 11th street
I been to a;; three of these and they are all great!

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Awesome. Guys, I can find the Manhattan joints. Don't know Brooklyn that much. Could I get a cross street and general area for Spumoni Garden?

Gavy (who knew that this board would have great ideas!!)

gavycrav said:
Awesome. Guys, I can find the Manhattan joints. Don't know Brooklyn that much. Could I get a cross street and general area for Spumoni Garden?

Gavy (who knew that this board would have great ideas!!)

Pizza is a close second to Pussy, is always there when you want it and never makes up lies.