Baseball Hot stove

Smoking gun? Agreed so then cleamons and bonds should be shoo ins yes? Am sure there are others just the wholes steroid thing has become a joke. Look at the football players. And yeah I'm a Yankee fan too and I'll still take Berra.
Not the same. They have evidence that Clemens and Bonds took steroids. Berra was a workhorse -- a great bad ball hitter who used the whole field. He was better than Piazza.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
I would disagree only because I don't think Bonds was ever found dirty despite what most people think. Clemons went to court to clear his name and "won" the case with a hung jury. All that aside as I think I said earlier just let them all in, screw it. we do tend to forget that there may have been many many guys that never got caught using so its unfair, in my opinion, to condemn any of them. Just say what you think. Piazza is in, great for him.

Let's Go Mets!
http://images1.************/imager/u/large/249387115/2d40ab0854c92c4d2ee8da12ee412e8d.jpg

Here's hoping Cespedes can drive in runs like he drives cars.

Chase Utley's two-game suspension for takeout slide dropped by MLB
Joe Torre, MLB's chief baseball officer and the man responsible for handing out such punishments, has since confirmed the report, telling Joel Sherman of the New York Post that the inconsistency in baseball's sliding rules made the punishment too harsh.

More likely that Torre ruled against the Mets 'cause he's never forgiven them for firing him. Guess he forgot the honor they gave him when they allowed him to serve as player/manager and kept him on as skipper for 5 years.

That slide has always been part of the game. Utley was appealing and MLB knew there was no way it would be upheld, so they dropped it and saved the expense.

There is a fine line between an accepted slide and a dirty one.
Much like the brushback pitch, which also has been part of the game, but players get bent out of shape over it and umps now give warnings and/or toss pitchers.

Former Yankee Joe Pepitone will be doing a Meet & Greet at Uncle G's Port Jeff Station location on Saturday, March 19th from 1 - 3 pm.
Uncle G's, 1108 Route 112, Port Jefferson Station, NY 631-331-1706

Had to look it up to remind myself:
METS SIGN FOSTER TO FIVE-YEAR, $10 MILLION CONTRACT
By JAMES TUITE
Published: February 11, 1982
George Foster, one of the major leagues' best power hitters, signed a five-year Met contract yesterday worth at least $10 million, an agreement that makes his average annual pay the second-highest in baseball. Only Dave Winfield, whose complicated contract with the Yankees includes cost-of-living escalator clauses that bring his 10-year deal to a projected total of $22.5 million, earns more in the course of a season.

I can safely say that the Winfield deal worked out better. Amazing how inflation has enriched MLB players. Cespedes gets 11 times more money for a year less.

Last edited:

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Had to look it up to remind myself:
METS SIGN FOSTER TO FIVE-YEAR, $10 MILLION CONTRACT
By JAMES TUITE
Published: February 11, 1982

George Foster, one of the major leagues' best power hitters, signed a five-year Met contract yesterday worth at least $10 million, an agreement that makes his average annual pay the second-highest in baseball. Only Dave Winfield, whose complicated contract with the Yankees includes cost-of-living escalator clauses that bring his 10-year deal to a projected total of $22.5 million, earns more in the c ourse of a s eason.

I can safely say that the Winfield deal worked out better. Amazing how inflation has enriched MLB players. Cespedes gets 11 times more money for a year less.
The worst thing Foster ever did besides stealing the Mets money was one night there was a bench clearing brawl by the mound and all over the infield.
There sat George alone in the dugout. POS.