Baseball Hot stove

Considering the popularity of football, specifically the NFL, I wonder why MLB skews more posts on Utopia Guide. I was even wondering the same about the NBA and the NHL until I saw the results from a Harris poll that showed the popularity for those sports way down on the bottom. Even lower than auto racing. Interesting. Most likely not true in the Metro NYC area though.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/10354114/harris-poll-nfl-most-popular-mlb-2nd

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
I actually wondered why there were no threads for the Giants and Jets. I think the Jet thread is from 2015? Figured as the seasons changed so would the comments. Guess we still cling to our youth and the days of stickball in the Bronx.

I remember hearing something that from a fan base standpoint NASCAR was the largest which shocks many of us in the Northeast. Personally for the last 25 years it has been Baseball and Football for me. Basketball in the New York area has stunk for many years. There was a time that St.John's basketball was exciting to watch. I assume most football fans probably watch some of the Bowl Games but aren't following the weekly games. I listen to WFAN a lot and most of the talk radio is centered around these two sports. I am also very surprise that there isn't more said about the Giants and the Jets. Football fans I thought around the New York area were very passionate about there sports teams.

I find it hard to follow the Giants these days with so much personnel changes each year.I could rattle off most starters from the LT era, but now no idea who these guys are.
So getting passionate about a team gets difficult. They say NFL ratings are way off, Kapernick ? Saturation ? No team identity ?

I find it hard to follow the Giants these days with so much personnel changes each year.I could rattle off most starters from the LT era, but now no idea who these guys are.
So getting passionate about a team gets difficult. They say NFL ratings are way off, Kapernick ? Saturation ? No team identity ?
Absolutely true statement, I agree with you wholeheartedly!!! Every year it seems to be a lot of changes. Also the football players career is much shorter than in any other sports it seems with exception to the quarterback and the kickers.

If your a giants fan, how can you not be excited about beckem or some of the other young guys like collins? my guess about the ratings situation is there are too many breaks between the commercials and the long ass booth reviews.

If your a giants fan, how can you not be excited about beckem or some of the other young guys like collins? my guess about the ratings situation is there are too many breaks between the commercials and the long ass booth reviews.
I AGREE they have a terrific receiving core in Beckham, Cruz, Shepard and I really like Tye at tight end. They need to improve their offensive line as there run game is dreadful. But despite that I do like Jennings and I think he could be a very good back for them. Flowers I believe is a work in progress at tackle. He is abig kid but damn does he get called a lot for holding. I feel offensively they play to conservatively when they get the lead and they are putting to much pressure on their defense as they have been playing outstanding in my opinion.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Try sitting in the fucking freezing cold, rain, or snow waiting for the prick with the orange mitts to get off the field to let play resume. At least when it snows the day before the fans can throw snowballs at the scumbag.

I heard last night the Yankees picked up Matt Holliday for 1 year at $13M. Very good player, good OBP, the thinking is he will be there DH. Not hearing anything of late regarding interest in Encarcion but they appear very interested in bringing Chapman back. His asking price is ridiculous IMO.

Chapman will probably wind up as the highest priced closer to date. Of course, salaries regularly get eclipsed by the next phenom, so who knows how long that distinction will last.

Chris Sale traded to Red Sox! As a Yankee fan it's gonna suck next year facing Sale,Price and Porcello all on the same staff!
Wow!!!! I agree with you Joeyboy. Although I am happy because I had heard that he was rumored to be going to the Nationals and that they were close in their trade talks.