Baseball Hot stove

I saw Piazza at a baseball card show years ago and he looked so effin big in person. I dont know if he was on 'roids or not but i said to myself "man he's a BIG dude!". BTW i love baseball and all the great players who never touched anything and they were excellent players hitting 40+ home runs and driving in the ribbies 120+. The good old days.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
It's just easier at this point to start letting these guys in. How many players were doing stuff, never got mentioned, and will end up in the Hall? Who knows.
As for the three fucking idiots that didn't think Junior was even in the top 10 on the list, they should have their credentials revoked.

I am fairly certain he was a cheater but not enough to keep him out I guess.
And how is that? Failed drug test? Someone's expert testimony. All innuendo, rumors, etc.
It's just easier at this point to start letting these guys in. How many players were doing stuff, never got mentioned, and will end up in the Hall? Who knows.
As for the three fucking idiots that didn't think Junior was even in the top 10 on the list, they should have their credentials revoked.
Yes, they were idiots. They should publish their names, but there are some writers who believe no one is worthy of being a unanimous HOF and that's the reason we'll never see anyone get 100% of the votes.

Players saying he used, Sports writers said that he told them he used in confidence. Size differential too.

Just like Sosa ... I guess ... you think he was clean?

Players saying he used, Sports writers said that he told them he used in confidence. Size differential too.

Just like Sosa ... I guess ... you think he was clean?
I remember Sosa using a corked bat once. As for steroids, he was not a 600 home run player when he came up, so no I don't think Sosa was clean. I do think Piazza was clean.

Piazza clean? Does that mean OJ didn't do it?
It's good they didn't count your HOF vote. Piazza might not have made it in. While we're at it, why don't we take out Cobb, Ruth and all the other drunkards and philanders as well. Then go to Canton and take OJ out as a double murderer and armed robber.

It's good they didn't count your HOF vote. Piazza might not have made it in. While we're at it, why don't we take out Cobb, Ruth and all the other drunkards and philanders as well. Then go to Canton and take OJ out as a double murderer and armed robber.
Big world of difference between someone using performance enhancers or someone betting on games like Pete Rose versus someone who has personal issues like drinking and carousing. The former impacts the game itself while the latter just impacts the person. Murder and armed robbery is another thing altogether, although in OJ's case he was only convicted for the robbery, so you can't take action on an unproven charge of murder.

Mr. Wiggley

Here come the mets fans. If Piazza had picked a Dodger cap he'd be the anti- Christ. I can only judge by what I saw when he was a player and his size now. I'm not taking anything away from his accomplishments and since he was never found guilty, just like Bonds and Cleamons, his stats make him a HOFer. To say he never did anything is just turning a blind eye, in my opinion.
After all I rooted like hell for LT even though he was playing in a different "zone" than his opponents.

Well, isn't being a part of the HOF also being a person of good character who leads and sets examples, not just their playing ability. When you have a smoking gun when it comes to Piazza, get back to me.

Well, isn't being a part of the HOF also being a person of good character who leads and sets examples, not just their playing ability. When you have a smoking gun when it comes to Piazza, get back to me.
Here come the mets fans. If Piazza had picked a Dodger cap he'd be the anti- Christ. I can only judge by what I saw when he was a player and his size now. I'm not taking anything away from his accomplishments and since he was never found guilty, just like Bonds and Cleamons, his stats make him a HOFer. To say he never did anything is just turning a blind eye, in my opinion.
After all I rooted like hell for LT even though he was playing in a different "zone" than his opponents.
And I'm a Yankees fan. I just admire his ability.

Mr. Wiggley

Smoking gun? Agreed so then cleamons and bonds should be shoo ins yes? Am sure there are others just the wholes steroid thing has become a joke. Look at the football players. And yeah I'm a Yankee fan too and I'll still take Berra.

Yogi was a far superior player than Piazza. 3 MVPs to ZERO. NOt to mention 10 rings to zero.

Yogi got the MVP award 3 times and he was playing in an era that included Ted Williams and Mickey Mantle and other greats.