Baseball Hot stove

Great Word series. So the best American league team lost to maybe the 5th or 6th best National league team. No suprise really when you consider that the National league is so much better and more talented.
This should be a really interesting offseason... A lot of free agents and some really good ones available. Any thoughts?

LW .... You said that about the NL just to stir the pot .. Don't deny it!!! I will take your bait sir. The American League is a far superior league. You see AL pitchers go to the NL and dominate. Then you see NL pitchers go to the AL and fall on the faces.

It was a great series and I was happy to see St Louis win as they are a class organization. Great performance by Carpenter. Very Gutsy! I hate Texas and all their silly childlike nonsense.

HOWEVER ... they have to revamp the playoffs so the wildcard team has a much greater disadvantage and the team with the best record in the division has a much greater advantage. Maybe in the first round the wild card gets no home gains or at best 1 game. How about the team with the best record gets extra home games? The season is very long and winning it should give that team a significant advantage in the playoffs

CC stays.... So, they extend the contract of the pitcher who cant win in the playoffs. By the time that extention kicks in, CC will have eaten his way out of Baseball.

OK, enough stirring the pot...

I thought Beltran would have looked god in RF for the Yanks... They picked up the option on Swisher... Over paid who cant hit in clutch.. They should have let him go.....Should the Yanks go after Fielder and make him a DH? He wants to play the field but Yanks can over pay him to DH... I think just make Montero the DH and let him stay there for the long haul...

LW ... we agree ... Swisher has NEVER hit in the playoffs. He does perform well in the regualr season. I would have let him go. They want to keep the DH spot open to rest A-Rod and Jeter. You will see Montero catch maybe 30% of the games and DH the others. CC won in 2009 when we won the series so he can pitch well in the playoffs. He has won 59 games in 3 years. This was a good deal. I would pass on Beltran. His health is questionable and his most recent performance in the postseason has not been good. Not worth the risk. Time to try out the kids for the Yankees.

As far as league comparisons ... check out the overall interleague won-loss record. I know that in the more recent years the AL beat the heck out of the NL. I don't know the record for 2011 ... I will check and get back... I am going to guess we kicked butt again!

LW ... we agree ... Swisher has NEVER hit in the playoffs. He does perform well in the regualr season. I would have let him go. They want to keep the DH spot open to rest A-Rod and Jeter. You will see Montero catch maybe 30% of the games and DH the others. CC won in 2009 when we won the series so he can pitch well in the playoffs. He has won 59 games in 3 years. This was a good deal. I would pass on Beltran. His health is questionable and his most recent performance in the postseason has not been good. Not worth the risk. Time to try out the kids for the Yankees.

As far as league comparisons ... check out the overall interleague won-loss record. I know that in the more recent years the AL beat the heck out of the NL. I don't know the record for 2011 ... I will check and get back... I am going to guess we kicked butt again!
Steve, the only thing that you are wrong about is that Montera will never ever catch 30 percent of games. He cant catch... Yanks will never put him behind the plate unless it is an emergency. He would be a third string catcher..... Just let him DH, and let Jeter, Arod DH also, like once a week.... If not, Then they will trade Montera for pitching... But I do not know why they would just not make him their DH, full time..... Get a good defensive infielder to back up Jeter and Arod to rest them...

According to an interview with Cashman, they will be concentrating on pitching only. They are satisfied with their offense. Posada is no where in their plans.