Atkins Diet is a JOKE!

Re: 6 Week Report of My Atkins Adventure

Originally posted by Reel Deal
I have yet to suffer a hunger pang. I switched from Michelob Ultra to Miller Lite-the additional 1.5 carbs are worth the better taste.
You may want to give Accel a try. It's brewed by FX Matt Co. in Utica, NY, tastes great* and actually has fewer carbs than Michelob Ultra.

Michelob Ultra = 2.6 grams
Accel = 2.4 grams

*when I say tastes great, I mean in comparison to Michelob Ultra.

Re: Re: 6 Week Report of My Atkins Adventure

Originally posted by dumpy
*when I say tastes great, I mean in comparison to Michelob Ultra.
It's stuff like this that makes me not want to try this diet...

æ

(having said that... I have cut back on the junk food carbs... not even for diet reasons so much, but the truth is I just don't WANT 134.2 oz of Pepsi and a 58 oz chocolate bar when I go to the movies. It ends up half getting thrown out anyhow.)

Re: Re: Re: 6 Week Report of My Atkins Adventure

Originally posted by alterego
....I just don't WANT 134.2 oz of Pepsi and a 58 oz chocolate bar when I go to the movies. It ends up half getting thrown out anyhow.)
not to mention you try drinking that much Pepsi and sit through The Return of the King WITHOUT having to go to the bathroom.....

they never put me in charge of marketing...

Originally posted by jseah
not to mention you try drinking that much Pepsi and sit through The Return of the King WITHOUT having to go to the bathroom.....
You mean you didn't get your official ROTK catheter and bag?

It's inscribed in Elvish!

You can sit through the movie 3 times, easy.

æ

Re: Re: Re: Re: 6 Week Report of My Atkins Adventure

Originally posted by jseah
I sat in a front row, middle seat sipping brandy and I made it through the whole movie. I'm so proud of myself.

Of course, by the end of the movie I was thinking "Will ya get on the fucking boat and leave already? I gotta GO!".

billyS

Reign of Terror
The first time I ever heard of the Atkins diet was when this person at work went it. When she told me she can eat all the meat she wants but no vegatables I thought that was the stupidest thing I have ever heard regarding diets. Every morning she would prance around with her breakfast of bacon and egg, no toast. Yeah she lost weight but she had a sickly pallow look to her. I don't care what these low carb diets claim. If you eat less fat and more vegatables you will look and feel better.

It does work but...But I think its un healthy and increases your Cholesterol....Then the first thing you eat with carbs u gain the weight right back.. The best thing I think is dieting and exercise... You cant go wrong !

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
I think the biggest benefit of diets like Atkins are that:

1) the dieter gets quick feedback -- i.e., you can see an improvement. This encourages you to stick with it.

2) you become more conscious of what you are eating -- i.e., the content of the food and the quantity.

With Adkins, you can drop some weight quickly to get down to a goal size and then you can stay there by eating rationally. You learn that a couple of pieces of candy won't hurt you -- finishing the bag does.

As everyone has said, maintaining weight is a matter of eating sensibly. A good diet just teaches you to be aware of that.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The real problem is that fat people need to change their lifestyle not just go on a fad diet for a few weeks. Once you add fat cells they never go away, they just shrink in size. Once you start eating junk again you look like a tub of lard again. Best example is Ophra. She is a fat women. Every once in a while she goes on a fad diet and looks great. But it just that, a fad diet. Then a few months later she is fat again. Most diets not just the atkins lure you into that false sense of security by giving you those early results. Then people think "I'm cured, I'm not fat anymore". Same thing with lifting weights. You make your biggest gains in the begining then you reach a plateu (hvb, correct my spelling please). Every Jan its the same thing at my club. All these new fat guys in expensive sweat suits, headband and towels around their necks, grunting and graoning and spouting off all this bullshit about the "latest workouts". They are all gone now. By the second week you hear them saying shit about how they are "going light" today because they tweaked a muscle, by the third week they are coming once and week and now most of them are gone. I've been going to the same place for almost twenty years and every year its the same thing. Some will be back in May to try to get ready for the summer.

Last edited:

NOYL

Poster Child for Birth Control (ironic, no?)
Something not included in that story which hvb linked to is that Physicians for Responsible Medicine are a front group for Peta.

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
Originally posted by billyS
The real problem is that fat people need to change their lifestyle not just go on a fad diet for a few weeks.

That's exactly right and that's why it's bullshit when people complain about someone calling fat people "lazy" because that's exactly what they are. Sure, genetics might have predisposed them to gain weight easier than others, but if they just dedicated themselves to the gym and stopped eating garbage, they'd be fine. All it takes is 3-4 days a week at a HALF HOUR each day of high intensity cardio to burn off fat. Forget walking (you only burn carbs not fat), RUN on the treadmill for 15 minutes, then use the stairmaster at a respectable level for another 15 and that's it. Of course the fat person won't be running for 15 minutes on the first day, but they'll get there if they just dedicate themselves and do the shit THE RIGHT WAY. I can't tell you how many people i see in the gym that i know will never get results cuz they're doing shit all wrong, whether it's their form or their intensity or the duration.

Every Jan its the same thing at my club. All these new fat guys in expensive sweat suits, headband and towels around their necks, grunting and graoning and spouting off all this bullshit about the "latest workouts".

Ozzy goes to your gym?

Last edited: