Atkins Diet is a JOKE!

I once lived in a house and one of the girls who also lived there was vegan and her annoying vegan friends were always hanging around making grief for me because I was eating a piece of cheese or a tuna sandwich or something. They drove me so crazy with their bullshit that I declared myself 'meat-a-tarian' and refused to eat anything but dead animal flesh. This continued for about a week of me eating only roasted chicken and salami and the vegans getting progressively more irritated. Finally I went to the local butcher and got some freshly skinned rabbits and proceeded to cut them up in the kitchen and then I roasted them in the oven and ate them. The vegans ran out of the house in disgust.

After that I went back to eating normally, but the vegan roomate and her annoying friends never bothered me again when I had a tuna sandwich.

æ

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
Originally posted by billyS
The first time I ever heard of the Atkins diet was when this person at work went it. When she told me she can eat all the meat she wants but no vegatables I thought that was the stupidest thing I have ever heard regarding diets.

As Reel Deal said, you CAN have carbs, just watch how much and when. DON'T have any late at night, DO have them after working out.

Every morning she would prance around with her breakfast of bacon and egg, no toast. Yeah she lost weight but she had a sickly pallow look to her.

That's because .... 1) Carbs have important nutrients needed for energy and brain function. 2) She was probably dehydrated.

The biggest problem with Atkins is that many people do lose weight, but it's water weight, not fat, which does make them thinner but isn't any healthier. The reason is that the body holds a lot of water in proportion to the carbs it has. People on Atkins should check their body fat instead of just weighing themselves.

Just in the news today...........when Atkins died, he weighed in at something like 260 pounds, which would be considered obese in normal medical terms.

Originally posted by alterego
I once lived in a house and one of the girls who also lived there was vegan and her annoying vegan friends were always hanging around making grief for me because I was eating a piece of cheese or a tuna sandwich or something. They drove me so crazy with their bullshit that I declared myself 'meat-a-tarian' and refused to eat anything but dead animal flesh. This continued for about a week of me eating only roasted chicken and salami and the vegans getting progressively more irritated. Finally I went to the local butcher and got some freshly skinned rabbits and proceeded to cut them up in the kitchen and then I roasted them in the oven and ate them. The vegans ran out of the house in disgust.

After that I went back to eating normally, but the vegan roomate and her annoying friends never bothered me again when I had a tuna sandwich.

æ
when militant vegans came into my cafe, i happily served the cappucini w/ soy milk. but i added just a little dose of spit to make sure they were getting requisite animal protein. very tyler durden.

you know what's funny though? i developed a taste for cappucino w/ vanilla soy milk -- it's pretty good.

NOYL

Poster Child for Birth Control (ironic, no?)
Originally posted by jseah
Just in the news today...........when Atkins died, he weighed in at something like 260 pounds, which would be considered obese in normal medical terms.
That's just part of the story. When he checked into the hospital he weighed 198.

Originally posted by h. von bingen
you know what's funny though? i developed a taste for cappucino w/ vanilla soy milk -- it's pretty good.
Flavored soy milk is one of the few decent things the vegans ever came up with, which makes me suspect that they didn't come up with it at all but stole it from somewhere in Asia.

I used to make miso soup for the vegans in my house when they complained there was nothing they could eat. They always told me it was the best miso they'd ever had. I'd tell them it was because I used Korean miso paste instead of the Japanese instant powder stuff they were used to. But what I didn't tell them was that I boiled it in beef stock instead of water.

æ

Last edited:
Originally posted by Truth
Originally posted by billyS
The first time I ever heard of the Atkins diet was when this person at work went it. When she told me she can eat all the meat she wants but no vegatables I thought that was the stupidest thing I have ever heard regarding diets.

As Reel Deal said, you CAN have carbs, just watch how much and when. DON'T have any late at night, DO have them after working out.

Every morning she would prance around with her breakfast of bacon and egg, no toast. Yeah she lost weight but she had a sickly pallow look to her.

That's because .... 1) Carbs have important nutrients needed for energy and brain function. 2) She was probably dehydrated.

The biggest problem with Atkins is that many people do lose weight, but it's water weight, not fat, which does make them thinner but isn't any healthier. The reason is that the body holds a lot of water in proportion to the carbs it has. People on Atkins should check their body fat instead of just weighing themselves.
The first few pounds ARE water-MOST people carry more water than necessary, because of their sodium intake with excess carbs.

It Took me 3 days to get into ketosis. I knew it because of the metalic taste in my mouth, and my breath began to get unusually "ripe". It took my body 3 days to convince itself it wasn't getting that muffin of bag of chips for it's next Carb hit. During that period, I had carb cravings. But since then, I practically have to remind myself to eat.

I agree, Truth (shock shock), about people at the gym. I can pick out the successes and the failures by what they do, and how they attack their program (if one exists). This is especially true of women. I want to slap some of them and tell them a 20 lb. leg press is just hogging up the equipment for somebody who is serious.

(BTW-I think a woman working out HARD in the gym, sweating and grunting, without inhibition is extremely sexy...I imagine how that physicality might translate in more intimate surroundings...).

Hydration, whether dieting or not is about the most inportant thing a person can do. We need water. Lots of it. And Atkins won't work without a lot of water to flush out the waste.

10 week results: Net 35lbs loss (-40 lbs. fat, +5 lbs. muscle), 4" lost in the waist, 2" gained in the chest, strength increase of nearly 30%. I have abs again. Life is good.

And counting carbs is a helluva lot more fun-and easier-than counting calories. 8oz. of chips and dip didn't fill me up-I wanted more. 8oz. of chicken and salad does.

Originally posted by NOYL
Hmmmm, cappucino with Disaronno.
remember that post u where u told me that waiters whom i view as too friendly would spit in my food? i just assume that if eat out enough there's a certain amount of um unhygienic behavior. isn't DiSaronno amaretto?

Flavored soy milk is one of the few decent things the vegans ever came up with, which makes me suspect that they didn't come up with it at all but stole it from somewhere in Asia.

I used to make miso soup for the vegans in my house when they complained there was nothing they could eat. They always told me it was the best miso they'd ever had. I'd tell them it was because I used Korean miso paste instead of the Japanese instant powder stuff they were used to. But what I didn't tell them was that I boiled it in beef stock instead of water.

æ
i hate vegans almost as much as i hate lawyers and contractors and people who use bad grammar.

i view it as an act of political conscience to slip vegans some animal protein. (or indeed, protein from "anything w/ a face." that include beez u know.)

the best conundrum to slip to a vegan:

so u don't believe in BREASTFEEDING?

usually it overloads the circuits; they start spinning and explode.

Last edited:
Originally posted by h. von bingen
usually it overloads the circuits; they start spinning and explode.
Try asking a vegan girl to swallow.

æ

(...she eventually agreed after I convinced her that it really was voluntary on my part. Possibly the stupidest argument about swallowing I've ever had. But in this case winning was everything.)

Try asking a vegan girl to swallow.

æ

(...she eventually agreed after I convinced her that it really was voluntary on my part. Possibly the stupidest argument about swallowing I've ever had. But in this case winning was everything.)
so vegans will eat something with a face, if it VOLUNTARILY gives up its life? what if dies a natural death, like a cancerous chicken or something?

Last edited:
that's actually funny. not that u like that. but that that was yr response. okay.

note, amaretto is trying to change their image. check out the ads on queer eye. it's SEXY.

Last edited: