Atkins Diet is a JOKE!

Originally posted by ILoveSex
Atkins Bread has an aftertaste and also some carbs. Same with Arnold low carb bread. Do not really care for either. There is a store in Yonkers called Sugar Free Express, which carries a line of bread with no carbs that is great! No after taste and they taste good. Expensive but worth it. Turkey sandwiches tomorrow Oh Yea!
If you go 6 months with NO Bread, the aftertaste is a welcome addittion! :)

I have heard of the bakery in Yonkers...anyone know of a place in Queens or on LI?

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
I found there to be no aftertaste with the arnold's bread, the wife and kids even eat it with no complaints. The only negative thing I can say about the bread is that its a bit "spongy" in texture.

Vanessa- Drinking or eating anything before bed is a no-no. Especially alcohol and even worse a carb laden champagne. Alcohol still has to burn off before your body can burn any of the other calories from protein, fats, and carbs, so keep the alcohol to a minimum.

Zep51

Tastes like chicken
Vanessa,

I think the thing to keep in mind, is what works for one person the best, may not provide exactly the same results for the next person to try it. We all have somewhat different body chemistry's, and we all react differently to certain foods and beverages. I think the people that I know that have had success stories with the Atkins-have remained on that form of a diet for a longer timeframe that you have tried.

Losing weight is not an easy chore. Hang in there, I am quite certain that you will discover a successful way.

Last edited:
Kimmie very glad to hear you are not giving up! I know you will reach your goal if you put your mind to it and BTW I think you are one beautiful, hot, sexy woman and always will be in my book. Some tips that work for me.
1- Do not cheat at all the first two weeks.
2- If after that if you do cheat make it a planned cheat and only cheat for one hour and eat the foods you miss the most during that one-hour. For me I miss good bread and pasta the most so every 8 weeks or so I will go the one of my favorite restaurants Dominick’s on Arthur Ave and for one hour eat my favorite foods.
3- Take vitamins and supplements.
4- Exercise. I am not a gym person but bought a pro from cross trainer cycle for my home office and use it every other day.
5- After the first two weeks try to keep carb intake to under 20 carbs a day.

I love Sex, I think I know who you are ;)

Thank you for the encouragement, and fluffballs,oops I mean compliments.

My goal isnt THAT hard to reach, but I am an impatient woman. I like things done when *I* want them done.

C9, I know the rule about no food or alcohol before bedtime.

I use go out every weekend( before I was a working girl) and drink buckets of beer (Corona) and vodka shots. I found that my weight went up big time.

I stopped the alcohol A SAP and found that my metabolism went up a notch( and felt a lot better in the morning)

But a small glass of champagne shouldn't hurt. I know people that drink wine with dinner every night, so what's the difference?

pj, believe it or not, I DO get crabby in my "real life"

Now, for that comment, I am heading to Iowa with Bumpy..

bend over.

Last edited:

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
Originally posted by Ny Vanessa
But a small glass of champagne shouldn't hurt. I know people that drink wine with dinner every night, so what's the difference?
I didnt drink at all during my weight loss, I graduallly added some lite beer and wine afterwards.

If you wanna lose weight you have to commit yourself.

As a general rule of thumb you really shouldnt eat anything after dinner. Your body is just going to store any calories it doesnt burn as fat.

1 serving of champagne has 90 calories and that's only 4oz. You probably drink more than that a serving. I dont know the carb count but I bet the champagne you drink has more carbs than wine as well as it is sweeter and must have more sugar.

Kimmie I am really not trying to hide who I am and I am sure you know me. It is just I have been out of the hobby for awhile now and did not want to post under my usual handle. Don’t even lurk on the boards too much but will admit I do every now and then and this thread caught my eye. You were actually the last working girl I spent time with and to be honest it was some of the best time I ever spent with a working girl. Not fluff just the truth! In some ways I wish we met under other circumstances as I would like to take you out on a real date sometime. Anyhow I am outa here enough lurking for this month and good luck with Atkins. If I do ever go back to the hobby you will be the first call I make.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
pj, believe it or not, I DO get crabby in my "real life"

Now, for that comment, I am heading to Iowa with Bumpy..

bend over.
Bring it on girl! Come on over to Bumfuck Iowa. From NYC take US80 heading west. If you get to Bendover, North Dakota you went too far.

The key to Atkins is avoiding all processed sugars(sucrose, fructose) and flour/starchy products. You also must avoid caffiene & alcohol.Drink water constantly.

I did not lose a pound the first 5 days, stuck with it and lost 33 over the next 25 days.

The greatest day was when I pigged out on everything I loved, had a dinner with 12 jumbo shrimp(scampi & ate 1 rack of ribs for dinner, lost 2 pounds that day.

READ the labels of the food you are eating!

Low carb bread can be made using protien powder instead of flour. Add a little gluten, tho.

Michelob isn't beer to begin with.

Break the diet once by having over 10 grams of carbs & it's like starting all over.

Liposuction works, too, and then you don't have those pesky fat cells to swell up on you again.

Originally posted by ILoveSex
Kimmie I am really not trying to hide who I am and I am sure you know me. It is just I have been out of the hobby for awhile now and did not want to post under my usual handle. Don’t even lurk on the boards too much but will admit I do every now and then and this thread caught my eye. You were actually the last working girl I spent time with and to be honest it was some of the best time I ever spent with a working girl. Not fluff just the truth! In some ways I wish we met under other circumstances as I would like to take you out on a real date sometime. Anyhow I am outa here enough lurking for this month and good luck with Atkins. If I do ever go back to the hobby you will be the first call I make.
I Love Sex, I wasn't trying to insinuating you were hiding. I was only trying to let you know I could tell from your comments who you are.

Nor do I want you to think I considered your compliments towards me fluff ( there is a fine line between fluff, and fact)

You were stating the facts ;)

Originally posted by Cloud Nine
I didnt drink at all during my weight loss, I graduallly added some lite beer and wine afterwards.

If you wanna lose weight you have to commit yourself.

As a general rule of thumb you really shouldnt eat anything after dinner. Your body is just going to store any calories it doesnt burn as fat.

1 serving of champagne has 90 calories and that's only 4oz. You probably drink more than that a serving. I dont know the carb count but I bet the champagne you drink has more carbs than wine as well as it is sweeter and must have more sugar.
C9

I am already commited...

Get it? Commited.. ah nevermind..

Yes, I know champagne has sugar, and it is counter productive to my efforts, therefore I have gone without my usual night cap, and been back on Atkins for 3 days( without cheating) and have lost 4lbs.. Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippee

( Do you think I am thin enough for jl now?)

Last edited:
C9

I am already commited...

Get it? Commited.. ah nevermind..

Yes, I know champagne has sugar, and it is counter productive to my efforts, therefore I have gone without my usual night cap, and been back on Atkins for 3 days( without cheating) and have lost 4lbs.. Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippee

( Do you think I am thin enough for jl now?)
Vanessa,
Try to add an exercise program along with your diet. 30 minutes of cardio a day for 5 days will yield you great results. Along with loseing weight, you also want to tone your body. The gym is also a great motivator to stop you from cheating. When I eat something that is high in calories(fat), the following day I double my cardio exercise for that day. My normal routine is 30 minutes, but I increase it to 1 hour. You'd be suprised how many times I'm offered a cookie or a piece of cake while I'm at work and I will decline it. I just think that its not worth the extra time in the gym.

Last edited:

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Does having sex count? If so, I should be ok.
It depends on the kind of sex that it is. 30 minutes, not so much. 2 hours of non-stop sex until you are dripping with sweat... Hell yes.

Originally posted by Waterclone
It depends on the kind of sex that it is. 30 minutes, not so much. 2 hours of non-stop sex until you are dripping with sweat... Hell yes.
ah..... do you know my profession? ::looking around the board for clues::

I am a hooker!!!! OF course I fuck a lot.

I have sex at least 50 hours a week.