Antidepressants

I’m talking about a pill that would allow you to feel good about the fact that you have a dead-end job that gives you not satisfaction what so ever, drive a 15 year old car, have a wife/husband that you have nothing in common with and can’t stand the sight of, have children who hate you, and you hate them, say they can’t wait to move out of your house, and your fondest wish is that would. Are you 20 lbs over weight, don’t look like a super model? I have a magic pill, take it once a day, and you’ll be as happy as a pig in shit..
There is something called crack, but it only lasts 20 minutes at best.

Probably the most notorious Valium addict was John Hinckley, who shot and wounded President Reagan. Psychiatrists at his trial were divided over the part the drug played in the shooting. Some said it could have 'impaired his control'.

I tend to believe if it was not valium, it would of been alcohol.
A Valium defense? Well that's better then the Twinkey defense that Dan White, who shot George Moscone, they Mayor of San Francisco, and Harvey Milk tried to use. As for building up a resistance to it, not so. I've been on it for years, and it hasn't happened to me.

There is something called crack, but it only lasts 20 minutes at best.
You're missing my point. If they could develop a pill that could make you really feel better, it would be banned. Imagine if everyone said, what do I need with a new BMW, a Rolex watch, an expensive vacation, eat out in an expensive restaurant, buy a new house, a 60 inch big screen TV, etc. I feel pretty damn good about myself right now. I'll just stay in tonight and fuck my 55 year old wife who happens to be 50 lbs over weight and uglier then sin. Fuck the war in Iraq, global warming, helping the poor (they look perfectly happy to me, must be that magic pill). I don't have to rob my neighbor's apartment, cause I don't need material things, and I don't need money to buy crack cause my pills make me feel just as good as crack does and it's legal. Who would need a police force? In fact who need government at all cause I already have every thing I need, my little blue pills. See my point?

Last edited:
. I've been on it for years, and it hasn't happened to me.
Same here - My friends farther was a type setter for the NY Times back in the day. That was a very stressful job, with tight deadlines. He took 30 mg a day for 20 years. At 60 he retired, stopped the Valium, moved to Miami, and plays tennis everyday.

I read somewhere (Scientific America, or some where on line) that scientists have mapped the brain, and they have a very accurate idea of exactly what part of the brain generates what memories and what emotions. They have also isolated the hormones and other chemicals that are responsible for these emotions to come to the surface of your conscience (sic?).

They have developed a “Morning After” pill. This pill, when taken after a traumatic event prevents that event from creating lasting memories that lead to neurosis, or worse. This is not Science Fiction, this technology exists today. Have you seen the Jim Carey movie “The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”? This technology, while not quite as simple and straightforward as shown in the movie, may not be that far off.

I read somewhere (Scientific America, or some where on line) that scientists have mapped the brain, and they have a very accurate idea of exactly what part of the brain generates what memories and what emotions. They have also isolated the hormones and other chemicals that are responsible for these emotions to come to the surface of your conscience (sic?).

They have developed a “Morning After” pill. This pill, when taken after a traumatic event prevents that event from creating lasting memories that lead to neurosis, or worse. This is not Science Fiction, this technology exists today. Have you seen the Jim Carey movie “The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”? This technology, while not quite as simple and straightforward as shown in the movie, may not be that far off.
I love that movie and wished that machine did exist. There is a pill called tenex (I think) that help erase the memory of bad dreams for people who are going through withdraws or have PTS and relive thier nightmares from in thier subconscious. Imagine all those people suffering from traumatic events being able to live a fulfilling life afterwards, it would be a blessing for them. Whenever I hear of things like a child found after abduction I think they are still screwed for life, somethings you can't brush off. If they can develop a pill to help those victims forget unfortunate and horrible events that would be a miracle.

I love that movie and wished that machine did exist. There is a pill called tenex (I think) that help erase the memory of bad dreams for people who are going through withdraws or have PTS and relive thier nightmares from in thier subconscious. Imagine all those people suffering from traumatic events being able to live a fulfilling life afterwards, it would be a blessing for them. Whenever I hear of things like a child found after abduction I think they are still screwed for life, somethings you can't brush off. If they can develop a pill to help those victims forget unfortunate and horrible events that would be a miracle.
I agree!

I know, it would be something if they did invent a happy pill. I fondly remember being prescribed Percocet after a shoulder operation - I thought I died and went to heaven.

The Doc only gave me a two week supply (45) which is a good thing.

Eddie, this is why people become heroin and opiate addicts. That class of drugs are probably the closest things to a happy pill that could ever be available. As most altering drugs the body builds resistance and unless you up the dosage they will have no affect.

You can buy the equivalent to Tylenol 3 over the counter in the UK (and proabably most of Europe), they are called Cuprofen Plus. You really can't become addicted to those because a person would develop an ulcer from all the aspirin content before any long term addiction sets in. We should sell it here for more people who suffer more intense pain like menstrual cramps, back spasms, toothaches, ect. instead of having to plead with doctors for scripts of stronger and more additive forms but it would never happen.

There’s this guy I work with. A happier, more pleasant person you will never meet. He was telling me that his wife nags, and criticizes him constantly. From the way he describes the situation, you would think he would be miserable, and/or surly divorced her. Yet he seems to take it all in stride, as far as I know he has never been in therapy, taken any sort of medication, had couple’s therapy or needed or wanted any other sort help (all though I’m sure he hasn’t told me every thing about his private life).

My point is, certain people just seem to some how able to adapt to life situations better then others. Makes you wonder.

Eddie, this is why people become heroin and opiate addicts. That class of drugs are probably the closest things to a happy pill that could ever be available. As most altering drugs the body builds resistance and unless you up the dosage they will have no affect. .

I can see how you can be addicted very fast. I have never been prescribed any medication as strong as that again. My dentist gave my Tylonal 3 with codine. Gave me a slight buz, but also felt a little sick.

I can see how you can be addicted very fast. I have never been prescribed any medication as strong as that again. My dentist gave my Tylonal 3 with codine. Gave me a slight buz, but also felt a little sick.
One time at the dentist, I needed a root canal. He gave me Nitrous oxide (laughing gas). It was the best high I ever had. I fact I considered getting root canals in all my teeth. The dentist told me that sometimes on a Friday afternoon, he would treat himself to a few hits. I don't think the possession of nitrous oxide is illegal, I do know that it needs to be mixed with air. as you would smother if you breathed only nitrous oxide, so it needs to be administered with a special mask with a special special valve an a separate oxygen tank also connected to the mask. I have heard about laughing gas parties. I think the FDA cracked down on the distribution of N2O since.

Last edited:
One time at the dentist, I needed a root canal. He gave me Nitrous oxide (laughing gas). It was the best high I ever had. I fact I considered getting root canals in all my teeth. The dentist told me that sometimes on a Friday afternoon, he would treat himself to a few hits. I don't think the possession of nitrous oxide is illegal, I do know that it needs to be mixed with air. as you would smother if you breathed only nitrous oxide, so it needs to be administered with a special mask with a special special valve an a separate oxygen tank also connected to the mask. I have heard about laughing gas parties. I think the FDA cracked down on the distribution of N2O since.
Never had any laughing gas. If it is anything to get you high, I am sure there is strict laws around it.