2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
No word on Judge as of the pregame show other than "he's meeting with Dr Amend tonight".
What, this fucking guy is that busy he can't go over the findings when he looks at them?

I guess a sprain is better than being broken? Too bad, they had been playing well.

An outfield of Bauer/Cabrera - IKF - Calhoun is just brutal.
Another reason why Cashman should be fired.
Filling your team with scrap heap guys around your fragile guys also signing and trading for fragile guys..
Judge not in the lineup tonight.
This sucks, I just started watching some of the games again with the Padres series.
Whenever I’m in the mood to watch them, I can’t find the channel they’re on. So I give up.

No Nestor for about a month, probably the same for Judge. No Bader, the unicorn Rodon has yet to show up for an inning and looks best case for a July opening act. Stanton will definitely get hurt again in the next few weeks, Volpe really struggling.

What do they do? What can they do?? I guess wait until the deadline and see where they at. So many bad contracts, tough to sell any of them.

I'm not in panic mode yet with Volpe, I think he will be a solid player. But he better pan out considering all the established players we could have had for him.

Seems like Cashman and his crew don't have a plan in general, just keep throwing money band-aids on all the suspect areas.

Its a tough product to watch.

Donaldson hitting? shocking! He is playing great defense. We could really use a good Donaldson now.

In regards to Volpe. Too early to tell but after like 60 games - hitting sub-200 is certainly not good and he does not look like an above average defender either. I am not a bg fan of Donaldson - but watch him play third. He fields everything easily and his throws look unrushed and dead on target. You look at him and know he has it under control. You watch Volpe and nothing seems effortless and under control.

Donaldson hitting? shocking! He is playing great defense. We could really use a good Donaldson now.

In regards to Volpe. Too early to tell but after like 60 games - hitting sub-200 is certainly not good and he does not look like an above average defender either. I am not a bg fan of Donaldson - but watch him play third. He fields everything easily and his throws look unrushed and dead on target. You look at him and know he has it under control. You watch Volpe and nothing seems effortless and under control.
So the issue is Gleyber Torres. Peraza is a light years better defender than Volpe who will eventually be moved to 2B.

So the issue is Gleyber Torres. Peraza is a light years better defender than Volpe who will eventually be moved to 2B.
That may be what happens. Torres is decent but he has one of the lowest baseball IQs I have ever seen. Big dope on the basepaths and if he gets into a mental funk he won't hit. It may be a good idea to trade Torres in the offseason and put Volpe at 2B and Peraza at short - BUT - all these guys have the season to show us what they have.

That may be what happens. Torres is decent but he has one of the lowest baseball IQs I have ever seen. Big dope on the basepaths and if he gets into a mental funk he won't hit. It may be a good idea to trade Torres in the offseason and put Volpe at 2B and Peraza at short - BUT - all these guys have the season to show us what they have.
If any of these guys can play third, that can be good going into next year when Donaladson is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.