2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season is so long and so many things can happen it's ridiculous to give up on this team in June especially since it is up in the Wild Card race.

I know it's frustrating with all the injuries, and yes this has actually been a pattern since 2018, not just a few years.

But you can't just give up on the season. All the contenders are flawed. It's not like they are 10 games under .500.
You guys overreact sometimes.
I'm not giving up on the season. I was only stating what needs to happen for the team to be competitive if continued hardships continue to plague this team. If Seve doesn't regain form and Rodon continues to miss time, they will need starting pitchers who can perform at a playoff team level. The only reliable starting pitching has been Cole and German now that Cortes is on the IL.

We know that this team from past seasons can get very hot, but without the resources we risk missing the post season.

pokler

Power Bottom
I was saying they are pitiful. Torres, Sevy and Volpe suck. Could have had Castillo pitching here and Peraza playing ss. Severino is done( hopefully that contract is done soon too)
Volpe hit that clutch double and with his speed scored a run. Could be the difference in the game .

billyS

Reign of Terror
Holmes did a great job tonight. Two big K's against the Mets 4 and 5 hitters.

Both teams are about 9 games out of 1st place but the Yankees are 10 games over .500 Mets are five games under.

And what's up with Lindor? He was wearing ribbons in his hair like a girl softball player.
Pride Month?

With Bader returning for the upcoming Red Sox series, who do you want to see optioned or DFA'd?

Calhoun?
Bauers?
McKinney?
IKF?
Cabrera?

I guess I would send Cabrera back to AAA since he has options. McKinney has been terrific, hope it lasts.

Holmes did a great job tonight. Two big K's against the Mets 4 and 5 hitters.

Both teams are about 9 games out of 1st place but the Yankees are 10 games over .500 Mets are five games under.

And what's up with Lindor? He was wearing ribbons in his hair like a girl softball player.
Pride Month?
I get psyched anytime we play the Mets. Glad we got the W.

Holmes was great but he did have full counts with the bases loaded for the last two batters he faced.

Outside of Nimmo and McNeil, the Mets don't have much offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.