2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a betting man, I’d say that Jacob DeGroms arm is gonna hit the proverbial “Brick Wall”.

But !!! If the Yanks in In Contention. And if the Rangers are going nowhere with Jacob in Cy Yound form….. The Yanks will eat his contract and he will be in pinstripes by the trade deadline.

All we can do is wait and see.

billyS

Reign of Terror
If I were a betting man, I’d say that Jacob DeGroms arm is gonna hit the proverbial “Brick Wall”.

But !!! If the Yanks in In Contention. And if the Rangers are going nowhere with Jacob in Cy Yound form….. The Yanks will eat his contract and he will be in pinstripes by the trade deadline.

No way, if they were willing to pay him that kind of money don't you think they would have done it over the winter?

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a no trade claus that would make the Yankees give him even more money

His arm is a big X factor. A lot of contenders were probably very leery of signing him. But in the heat of the moment, the Yanks will pull the trigger if they think it will get them to the promise land.

But I’m betting he’ll be getting Tommy John surgery by the all-Star break.

His arm is a big X factor. A lot of contenders were probably very leery of signing him. But in the heat of the moment, the Yanks will pull the trigger if they think it will get them to the promise land.
With all due respect, if the Yankees had interested in him they would have signed him this past offseason. No chance they would add a bad five year contact to their already $300 million annual payroll. They will have plenty of other 2024 free agents including possible resigning of Bader, Severino, maybe Ian Happ and of course the big kahuna, Ohtani.

There is no way of that happening. If he is doing great and then Cy Young contention then why would the rangers ever trade him they will want him for the next few years

billyS

Reign of Terror
Great way to start the season!

If they can stay healthy they will battle Toronto for the Division.

I think you're going to need at least 97 wins to take this division, but if one of those teams stays healthy then the number jumps to 100.

I see Tampa hanging in there giving the Yankees and the Blue Jays a challenge, especially if they have Franco back all year.

Baltimore will be good, they are no longer a push over but I don't think they have the pitching to hang with the big three.

Boston is just so unpredictable.
They could win the division by getting great years out of unsuspected players or finish last.

Overall a very competitive division top to bottom.

Cole was dominant. Judge hit his first pitch into monument park. Torres hit an impactful two run homer. Anthony Volpe makes his mlb debut. Even Donaldson got a base hit. Quite the day.

However,

The starting pitching needs to get healthy. Schmidt start Saturday, Brito on Sunday. Nestor against Phillies on Monday. I don’t think we can win the division with Rodon and Severino on the DL for an extended period of time. These two should combine to win 30 games.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yes. Several. That’s weird
There always has to be at least one interleague game since there are 15 teams in each league.
Plus starting this year MLB is more like the NBA in that every team plays every other MLB team.

No more rotating which interleague division you play.

Yankees will play every NL team one series either home or away (except I think they will still do both with the Mets).

They play every AL team not in the AL East two series Home/Away

And Two or three sets of Home/Away series within the Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.