2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Stanton again.! He just came back and he is out more than he is in. All he has to do is go up there 4 times and swing. He is made out of glass...never make it in the NHL. Those guys play all the time while injured. Also no Volpe. Cabrera who doesn't hit either, is at SS.

Stanton was being "rested". This team is who it is. This has been going on for 3 years or longer. They are all mostly injury prone. Not one young player has really stepped up and performed. The pitching has been solid and the young pitchers have been good. How much longer do we go on before realizing that this direction is not working?

billyS

Reign of Terror
I saw the end of the game last night and Volpe looked overmatched.

I get he won the job in Spring Training but that was against mostly minor league pitchers.

If all the vets were healthy and contributing you could let him learn on the job, but right now the team is fighting for it's playoff life.
It looks like Peraza is hitting in AAA so why not bring him up and let Volpe get his act together down at SWB. To me it looks like he is trying to hit a home run every time up.
We don't need a poor contact .180 hitter who runs into 25 meaningless homers.

Stanton was being "rested". This team is who it is. This has been going on for 3 years or longer. They are all mostly injury prone. Not one young player has really stepped up and performed. The pitching has been solid and the young pitchers have been good. How much longer do we go on before realizing that this direction is not working?
He was being rested because of a HBP the night before. I guess with the off day today they give his brittle ass 2 full days of rest, smh.

How much longer do we go on before realizing that this direction is not working?[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Cashman Steve. Until they feel it in their wallets and the corporate sponsorships dry up, along with all the TV money, nothing will change. Bottom line is money and they make a ton of it whether a championship team or a 500 team. Cashman should have lost his job years ago. They have Brian Sabean on the payroll as an "advisor" he built 3 championship teams in SF and seems to have a good eye for talent. He would be a nice replacement over Cashman.

I get he won the job in Spring Training but that was against mostly minor league pitchers.

If all the vets were healthy and contributing you could let him learn on the job, but right now the team is fighting for it's playoff life.
It looks like Peraza is hitting in AAA so why not bring him up and let Volpe get his act together down at SWB. To me it looks like he is trying to hit a home run every time up.
I agree with giving Peraza a shot. Regarding Volpe, I would like to see him go the other way with the ball. He turns a single into a double/triple with his ability to steal bases. He is definitely overmatched at the plate and looks like he is jumping out of his cleats when he swings.

That play by Torres was embarrassing, I watch little leaguers make that play. He just stood there and watched the ball scoot on by.

He has been "rested" most of this season. Time to take off the dress and get out there!

Peraza should be here!

He was being rested because of a HBP the night before. I guess with the off day today they give his brittle ass 2 full days of rest, smh.

How much longer do we go on before realizing that this direction is not working?
Tell that to Cashman Steve. Until they feel it in their wallets and the corporate sponsorships dry up, along with all the TV money, nothing will change. Bottom line is money and they make a ton of it whether a championship team or a 500 team. Cashman should have lost his job years ago. They have Brian Sabean on the payroll as an "advisor" he built 3 championship teams in SF and seems to have a good eye for talent. He would be a nice replacement over Cashman.[/QUOTE]
With Judge out he needs to be in there. He rested most of the season already. No excuse why he doesn't play more

Playoffs.
Not this year.
Too many better teams ahead of them.
Besides, they can’t even beat the shitty teams.
I know it’s still early, But 9.5 games out in the middle of June is disturbing.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Playoffs.
Not this year.
Too many better teams ahead of them.
Besides, they can’t even beat the shitty teams.
I know it’s still early, But 9.5 games out in the middle of June is disturbing.
What are you talking about? As shitty as they've been playing they are still in second place the WC standings.
They can still make the playoffs easily.

Catching Tampa without Judge will be rough, let's see how bad the toe is.

Without researching this, it seems that the Yankees have played most of their games against team with winning records. The Orioles have beaten up on a lot of bad teams to date.

The season will be riding on Severino returning to form and Rodon getting off the IL. If that does not happen, I question whether we get to the playoffs as a wildcard.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Without researching this, it seems that the Yankees have played most of their games against team with winning records. The Orioles have beaten up on a lot of bad teams to date.

The season will be riding on Severino returning to form and Rodon getting off the IL. If that does not happen, I question whether we get to the playoffs as a wildcard.
The season is so long and so many things can happen it's ridiculous to give up on this team in June especially since it is up in the Wild Card race.

I know it's frustrating with all the injuries, and yes this has actually been a pattern since 2018, not just a few years.

But you can't just give up on the season. All the contenders are flawed. It's not like they are 10 games under .500.
You guys overreact sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.