2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Teams that had balls would have released him already.
I doubt it. Not many teams can eat that kind of money.

Part of the problem with Hicks is his attitude.
He doesn't want to play left field much less come off the bench. He's not a roll player.
Greg Allen relishes the role of spare outfielder, pinch runner. He excels at it and will help the team.

You need a guy like him or a Tim Locastro. Guys like that win you ball games.

IKF might have found his niche as a utility guy

A terrible extension, that at the time had some people scratching there heads.
You would think a guy making that kind of money would be happy to have a team, just to be surrounded by those players and on that team. But instead he moped around like a little twat, eventually forcing his way off the team. He doesn't want to play baseball, he cashed in and now he is checked out.

Greg Allen = Homer Bush
Saw it yesterday with him tagging up from 2nd in 10th inning. Thats what we need on the bench, not a mopey, checked out has been. Allen if he can hit a little will be a nice addition if not just for his speed he brings. The speed element is still important in todays game, even with all the exit velocity, home run bullshit.

With any luck we DFA Donaldson, he is a sunk cost at this point. No future on the team. Let Peraza play 3rd base and see what we have in terms of his talent.

There is one GIGANTIC ….. HUMONGOUS… problem with the Hicks contract. Cashman gave him and Severino extensions while they both had one year remaining under team control. This was the first and only time in his 25 year term as GM that he broke his own rule. I think it’s a great rule when you consider how often all these modern ball players get hurt. If he had waited one more year he would have seen why these two weren’t worth the extensions.

There is one GIGANTIC ….. HUMONGOUS… problem with the Hicks contract. Cashman gave him and Severino extensions while they both had one year remaining under team control. This was the first and only time in his 25 year term as GM that he broke his own rule. I think it’s a great rule when you consider how often all these modern ball players get hurt. If he had waited one more year he would have seen why these two weren’t worth the extensions.
Very true, both bad deals.

Well that was a gross beat last night. After a 90 minute rain delay and the my Prime was giving me an error message every time I tried to watch, I went to bed assuming a Yankee win based upon a 5-1 lead in the sixth.

The Orioles are for real and are only going to get better when they improve their starting pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.