2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Severino was terrific last night but made a bad pitch to Kyle Tucker, who is real good, giving up the game winning three run homer in the sixth inning.

Let's see how fresh Matt Blake can keep the staff through September.
Sometimes you just get beat. Last night was one of those times.

I really didn't think Verlander would be this good coming off TJ, at his age and without spider tact.
Tip of the cap to him, he's a sure Hall of Famer even if he had retired after 2019.

I think if they manage Sevi's innings right he will be even sharper come the post season.

Sometimes you just get beat. Last night was one of those times.

I really didn't think Verlander would be this good coming off TJ, at his age and without spider tact.
Tip of the cap to him, he's a sure Hall of Famer even if he had retired after 2019.

I think if they manage Sevi's innings right he will be even sharper come the post season.
I wish he’d retire already. :)

Must have been a nail biter watching the ninth. But overall it must have been a tough one to watch since they never lead until the end.

I put the game on while I was getting ready to go out but had to shut it off because of Beltran's commentary. Where as Maybein is getting better Beltran is still unlistenable.
Plus seeing those cocky Astros circle the bases didn't help.

But by the time I was on the road the Yes app was pinging me Stanton had tied it up.
After 11:00 when I came out of my SB's bedroom and picked up my phone off her kitchen counter I had 3 or 4 more alerts,
Hicks ties it with a homer
Judge walks it off
Yankees defeat the Astros.

Made the ride home all the more sweeter despite all the nighttime construction
I agree on Beltran, you would think that all the years he played and all the baseball he has seen he would bring some insight into the booth. He brings nothing to the table. Tough to listen to him.

Last night's game and today's game are the types of games I can see Yanks losing in the playoffs.Good pitching will always beat good hitting ...Yanks bats quiet shhhh
Bats have been more sleepy then awake the last month. They need too add 2 bats to this lineup, don't waste this pitching.
Astros are legit.

They need to dump 2 of these 3 Gallo, Donaldson, IKF.
It's time to get aggressive, you just got no hit and are looking meek against the 'Stros. Even if they split this series, Astros still won it in my mind. Totally out played them.

They NEED CONTACT HITTERS, 1 being a lefty.

IKF is not horrendous with the bat and he is decent at short. Donaldson may have something left.I wouldn't ditch him so quick. Gallo needs to go. He flat out sucks.

Really rough game today. Houston owns us. They step up against us and we step down. They beat us every time in the playoffs. Tomorrow is as big a game a regular season game can be. DO they rally want to lose 3 of 4??? The pitching matchup favors us. Let's man up and win this game tomorrow.

They need to dump 2 of these 3 Gallo, Donaldson, IKF.
It's time to get aggressive, you just got no hit and are looking meek against the 'Stros. Even if they split this series, Astros still won it in my mind. Totally out played them.

They NEED CONTACT HITTERS, 1 being a lefty.
Gallo for sure... Donaldson too probably he is done.

IKF is not horrendous with the bat and he is decent at short. Donaldson may have something left.I wouldn't ditch him so quick. Gallo needs to go. He flat out sucks.

Really rough game today. Houston owns us. They step up against us and we step down. They beat us every time in the playoffs. Tomorrow is as big a game a regular season game can be. DO they rally want to lose 3 of 4??? The pitching matchup favors us. Let's man up and win this game tomorrow.
OWN US! Sick of watching Altuve celebrate on our home field. Little rodent that he is.

Hate to say it but this game is a statement game. The season is long and should they lose it doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things ... HOWEVER .... you can't continue to be Houston's bitch. At some point somebody has to put an end to it. SHoudl be interesting to see who steps up and who spits the bit.

well I thought they were going to lose. I was sooo angry with the midget's leadoff homer ... and then they were being no hit .... AGAIN!!!! but thank god for DJ and Judge. We needed that win and we got it. 9-4 on this "test" against Tampa, Toronto and Houston. Not bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.